Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:26:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!!  (Read 66950 times)
plastick

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:40:36 PM

Once Gawad Yaqub is behind bars maybe there will be some precendence to go after Coin Telegraph in court to recover lost funds.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bkelley0804

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

I received the same email and wonder how they got my email address.

I remember I was investigating how to file a complaint. However I don't think I did because I could not find how to make a complaint from Canada.

If someone can remind me, was there a general form that was filled for UK police? Thanks!

Also got the email and replied. Thank you to everyone for their contributions in this matter, especially CD and plastick... they both deserve medals of honor  Cheesy
plastick

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:01:51 PM

Thank you to everyone for their contributions in this matter, especially CD and plastick... they both deserve medals of honor  Cheesy

I accept all BTC/ETH donations as well as BitcoinTalk merits!  Cheesy
plastick

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:21:22 PM

The balls this guy has. By the way his personal blog site allows comments.

http://www.jawad.cc/2017/09/how-to-stop-sinning.html
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:16:18 PM

The balls this guy has. By the way his personal blog site allows comments.

http://www.jawad.cc/2017/09/how-to-stop-sinning.html

the shadow of the sin will follow you around always and will taint future actions. Best not to offend in the first place

Lol. Just. Lol.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
plastick

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:48:57 PM

DAWWW, CD I am disappointed you didn't comment on his site!

the shadow of the sin will follow you around always and will taint future actions. Best not to offend in the first place

Lol. Just. Lol.

I guess he knows this from first-hand experience now!
CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 04:13:18 AM

Dude is a hardcore sociopath. He lacks the proper neural circuitry needed to feel compassion or empathy towards others. However, the rest of his brain is more than in tact as he's still quite intelligent. These types of individuals make for some great entertainment, and great scammers as well.

I suspect Bryce Weiner also falls in this category, as does Joff Paradise, aka Jeffrey Webb, founder of Trade Coin Club and a new "arbitrage exchange" called AItrades.org. CD you should seriously check it out. It's the usual Bitconnect-type garbage but this guy is just so smug and care free, like he's never committed a wrong in the world.

https://dirtyscam.com/al-trade-review-trading-bot-for-generating-roi-or-ponzi-scheme/

https://web.facebook.com/joff.paradise

People have hate, hate, hated this guy for years before his involvement with bitcoin as well:

http://gossip.thedirty.com/read-more-dirty/1278184/#post-1278184

He even got outed as a pretend veteran:

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=75442

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 05:59:14 AM

Jawad is still not behind bars? Oh...

SatyrA

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:50:34 PM

Did anyone get reaction for reply from Detective Sergeant Peter Stewart?
plastick

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:16:19 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jawad-joya-943327166/

"Openstar Technologies"

I wonder what sort of scam he is up to now?

Funny how the dates he attended "Queens University" keep changing (along with his name and his major).
plastick

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:13:32 PM

I think cointelegraph needs to be sued for their hand in this. Their articles gave an air of legitimacy to this scam and no doubt they accepted payment for printing jawad articles.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:31:01 AM

I think cointelegraph needs to be sued for their hand in this. Their articles gave an air of legitimacy to this scam and no doubt they accepted payment for printing jawad articles.

It was hardly a mere 'air of legitimacy', as is evidenced previously, their involvement absolutely and explicitly provided for statements asserting significant and comparative legitimacy:

"A UK company Razormind is going to be rivalling Ethereum offering alternative options in crypto, blockchain and smart contracts to corporate giants such as Microsoft, Eris and IBM. "

Without CT's involvement in this scam it would have struggled to collect a single satoshi from investors. Nobody had ever heard of Jawad and Phil's 'Razormind" outside of a brief coin-cloning effort, primarily because it was, in various incarnations, nothing but a cheap UK incorporation which never really traded or had much of any substance. Niall Maye wrote glowing articles massively hyping both Razormind and DeOS as though they were properly established meaningful entities with very real business presence and value when even the most cursory of searches quickly showed otherwise.

His 'subsequent Red Flags' article, as I said at the time, was solely an effort to pretend like the structure was so difficult to unravel that he simply couldn't be sure whether it was a scam or not.

Jawad Yaqub or, as he is currently trying to bury that name in the memory-hole, Jawad Joya, made Niall an advisor at the time, something which would have had some kind of financial gain attached to it or he wouldn't have accepted the role, contrary to his attempts to claim otherwise.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
plastick

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:36:11 AM

The articles sounded like they were written by Jawad. Probably one of the few things he didn't plagiarize.
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:46:01 AM

here is an excerpt of an email from Detective Sergeant Peter Stewart

"This e-mail has been marked OFFICIAL [PUBLIC];

XXX,

Thank you.

If I get as many people on board as I can, we have a strong case.

In simple terms, I believe that Yaqub told lies to get money and then did whatever he wanted with it. These were funds invested in his company to develop DeOS; not to spend as if it was his own money.

Yaqub is still living in Northern Ireland and we have £935,000 restrained (effectively frozen) that he has not got access to.

If we get him convicted, his victims will be compensated.

Kind regards

Pete"
plastick

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:50:54 AM

Shouldn't be posting that here. Jawad reads these forums.

I don't want euros, I want my btc back. Looks like we won't get all our money back if that's all they got.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:40:40 AM

If I get as many people on board as I can, we have a strong case.

In simple terms, I believe that Yaqub told lies to get money and then did whatever he wanted with it. These were funds invested in his company to develop DeOS; not to spend as if it was his own money.

Yaqub is still living in Northern Ireland and we have £935,000 restrained (effectively frozen) that he has not got access to.

If we get him convicted, his victims will be compensated.

Given that this effectively serves to prove that Jawad Joya (Yaqub) did actually collect a not-insubstantial amount of money through this scam I have to say that I am somewhat surprised at the lack of involvement in this thread from those investors. Asides from a few people saying here that they lost a bitcoin or two to this fraud, there has been such a dearth of torch-bearing pitchfork-waving victims that I was beginning to suspect he hadn't actually raised much from this con.

It would suggest that a large proportion of victims aren't bitcointalk users and were conned directly through the fraudulent PR articles and Razormind website.

They may be unaware of the criminal case being brought against Jawad (& Co?) and the chance of recovering some of their funds.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:49:46 PM
Merited by tmfp (1), xtraelv (1)

It would be good if a half-decent mainstream journo took up the mantle of reporting on this scam. That would help push the case with LE.

It isn't as if the facts aren't eminently fascinating - a delusional, compulsive plagiarist and pathological liar, Jawad Joya (Yaqub)
with three passports

and a very real connection, albeit undefined, to the British Intelligence Service, MI5,

and a raft of co-conspirators, including Dr James Ferguson

an American resident physician who alternates between publicly being mr100percent on instagram and an anonymous Islamic-activist, SulaymanF, on twitter, Adil Iftikar, an investment scammer as COO, a crypto 'journalist' Niall Maye, who claimed he couldn't have possibly discovered the fact that the, supposed, multi-national global corporation, Razormind Ltd, with offices and blue-chip clients all around the world, was just a plagiarised lie of a shell company incorporated only a few months previously which somehow still managed (I wonder who pushed that through?) to be named as the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce member of the month long after the ICO fraud was widely exposed
http://www.northernirelandchamber.com/members-of-the-month/

ultimately leading to an exit-plan apparently involving cashing out the illicit bitcoin collected through the fraudulent ICO by way of bitcoin atm machines purchased WITH FUNDS FROM THE ICO:

You literally couldn't make it up as it would be considered too far-fetched, right?

plastick

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:23:46 PM

It would make a great script for a TV show or movie for sure.

Hear that Hollywood? Contact me for my story! Hah.
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:38:44 AM

I hope this Jawad bastard will soon be in prison...

anyway his good days are numbered, he's under police watch and this guy must have a lot of enemies, he just need to have chosen a wrong one for something really bad to happen to him...

@cryptodevil

I think the reasons they are not many people filing complaints is that so many people involved were retarded libertarians who think government and thus the police and judicial system is evil...
and the sums those individuals lost were too little to care, especially that the probability of getting it back seemed to be 0... (its not much more than 0 tbh)

As for me, i still encourage anyone involved who hasn't do so yet, to file a complaint, and if you're in the USA, file a complaint in the USA as well !!!!
plastick

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 11:14:13 AM

Jawad still ripping people off. Looks like this sort of thing is starting to catch up to him.

Funny he is still "hiring people" under his fake company "Razormind"

https://www.bailii.org/nie/cases/NIIT/2017/01788_17IT.html

Also found another case. Not surprised Jawad tried his hand at domain squatting:
https://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/DRS/2011/D00010021.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: