Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help to understand automatic cryptocurrency payments  (Read 1086 times)
GussRosa (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:12:53 AM

Hello, is it possible to program on a website the function of paying a certain amount of bitcoin in exchance to a amount of an altcoin and make the vendor/altcoin transaction automatic for the buyer? For example: a customer comes and pays 0,001 bitcoin for 2 altcoins, then those 2 altcoins are automaticaly transfered for the customer's alcoin wallet after the confirmation that the 0,001 bitcoin was paid to the site. Are there scrypts for something like this? I need help on testing this hypothesis, and as one can realize, i'm noob at programing. I wish to give dogecoins for those who can really teach me about this, i have plenty

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6531

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 01:44:01 AM

Yes. Take a look at https://shapeshift.io/. AFAIK, the source code is not available though.

GussRosa (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 06:17:43 PM

Seens a good tool, but i really want to understand the script behind it...
fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:15:49 PM

They have an order book, tap into exchanges to facilitate payments, and maybe act as a market maker.

Shapeshifts JS code is relatively easy to work with to fulfill the payment side of things. You probably don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's just for you.

Bitwasp Developer.
GussRosa (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:12:48 PM

The problem is i would like to create a swap for a new altcoin that's not on shapeshift list, is it possible to users insert new altcoins by working on the API code?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:55:43 PM

The problem is i would like to create a swap for a new altcoin that's not on shapeshift list, is it possible to users insert new altcoins by working on the API code?
No there is no such API that can be used to code automatic bitcoin to any altcoin exchange like shapeshit is using currently. You can although suggest shapeshift to add that new altcoin in their lost.

Another option could be you can open a manual exchanger site where you have to manually send bitcoin or any altcoin as owner. However creating this type of  manual exchanger need you to hire dev with enough html, php, mysql, java and ajax knowledge atleast.
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:02:53 PM

Shapeshift's code is proprietary code and is not going to be (and practically never will be) available for you to tinker with. You will have to create your own code from scratch.

If you are indeed a "noob at programming", then you will need to learn some useful programming languages first, as it will involve quite a few of them. At the very least, you should know a little bit of C/C++ to understand the source of Bitcoin Core, as well as HTML and PHP to set up your client-side interface. As for the server-side implementation, you can use whatever programming language that you are comfortable with, so you'll need to learn even more languages. You won't be any closer to writing such code for at least a few months of studying, so you might want to think about hiring someone to do this for you instead if you're serious about getting this done.

Now, if you want to turn this into a proper business, then that will be an even longer road as you will also need to acquire some server space, implement adequate server security protocols and possess a sufficient budget of coins to trade against. It's not something that a single hobbyist should be messing about with, honestly.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 07:13:24 PM

Hello, is it possible to program on a website the function of paying a certain amount of bitcoin in exchance to a amount of an altcoin and make the vendor/altcoin transaction automatic for the buyer? For example: a customer comes and pays 0,001 bitcoin for 2 altcoins, then those 2 altcoins are automaticaly transfered for the customer's alcoin wallet after the confirmation that the 0,001 bitcoin was paid to the site. Are there scrypts for something like this? I need help on testing this hypothesis, and as one can realize, i'm noob at programing. I wish to give dogecoins for those who can really teach me about this, i have plenty

thanks

You just need to create 3 daemon to check and execute all transaction.
1. fist daemon to check bitcoin payment
2. 2nd daemon to execute transfer of first altcoin
3. 3rd daemon to execute transfer of 2nd altcoin
fikihafana

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 10:51:07 PM

thanks

simple and easiest way is using shapeshift api, they provide what you want. Just do simple code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: