Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:19:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Qt / Transaction rejected by our node /no miner fee  (Read 1504 times)
PS160 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:39:22 PM

I have sent BTC to coinbase via my Bitcoin QT but i sent the BTC with no miner fees, there after my transaction has been rejected and pruned ,, I read in the comment that if the transaction is rejected the the funds will go back to the wallet address it was sent from, usually within minutes sometimes longer, I have the same problem BUT i have been waiting about 7 days and the block chain is saying "Transaction rejected by our node. Reason: Transaction was previously accepted but has been pruned from our database" But my Bitcoin QT have no refund of BItcoin and my Bitcoin QT balance is still 0.00, does this mean my BTC IS LOST for ever?
also my bitcoin Qt is fully synced

please help
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 03:19:14 PM

I have sent BTC to coinbase via my Bitcoin QT but i sent the BTC with no miner fees, there after my transaction has been rejected and pruned ,, I read in the comment that if the transaction is rejected the the funds will go back to the wallet address it was sent from, usually within minutes sometimes longer, I have the same problem BUT i have been waiting about 7 days and the block chain is saying "Transaction rejected by our node. Reason: Transaction was previously accepted but has been pruned from our database"

Repeat after me: blockchain.info is a service is a service is a service and NOT (yes you may shout this part) the blockchain. They are nothing more than a company running a node with a homepage that displays what their node thinks about the state of the network. You also have a node, same as me and 1000's of others. Blockchain.infos view on the state of the network is not more important than that of any other node.

But my Bitcoin QT have no refund of BItcoin and my Bitcoin QT balance is still 0.00, does this mean my BTC IS LOST for ever?
also my bitcoin Qt is fully synced

please help

(assuming you use a GUI)

#1 rightclick on the transaction in the transactions tab and select copy transaction id
#2 go to the dev console via help -> Debug window -> Console
#3 enter abandontransaction (do not press enter yet)
#4 paste the transaction id you copied on step #1 (do not press enter yet)
#5 remove the "-000" from the end
#6 press enter
#7 restart core

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4612

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:15:51 AM

I have sent BTC to coinbase via my Bitcoin QT but i sent the BTC with no miner fees,

That wasn't a very good idea.

In the future, you should consider using a reasonable transaction fee.

In the meantime, you have a few options.
  • Leave your Bitcoin Qt running and just wait for a very generous miner (or mining pool) to confirm your transaction for you out of the charity in their heart.
  • Remove the transaction from your Bitcoin Qt, and attempt to resend it with a reasonable transaction fee.
  • Convince a large miner or large mining pool to confirm the transaction for you (perhaps by offering them a payment directly for helping you).
  • Upgrade your Bitcoin Qt to Bitcoin Core (it hasn't been called Bitcoin Qt since version 0.8.6, the most recent version of Bitcoin Core is 0.12.1), then use abandontransaction to remove it from your Bitcoin Core wallet, so you can attempt to resend it with a reasonable transaction fee
  • Use coin-control features of Bitcoin Core to attempt a CPFP transaction and hope that a large miner or mining pool has implemented CPFP code.

after my transaction has been rejected and pruned ,, I read in the comment that if the transaction is rejected the the funds will go back to the wallet address it was sent from, usually within minutes sometimes longer,

This is not how Bitcoin works.  You have been mis-lead or have misunderstood something.

It is a decentralized open source system. There is no authority that can force any other nodes to reject your transaction or to give it back to you.  Some wallets will make assumptions about transactions that haven't confirmed after a while.  If you are using one of those wallets, they may choose to show additional bitcoins as available to you on the assumption that the transaction will never confirm.  Other wallets (such as Bitcoin Core and the older Bitcoin Qt) will not make such assumptions and instead rely on you to make decisions yourself about how you want unconfirmed transactions to be treated.  They will continue to rebroadcast the transaction forever unless you take action to stop the wallet from doing so.

I have the same problem BUT i have been waiting about 7 days and the block chain is saying "Transaction rejected by our node. Reason: Transaction was previously accepted but has been pruned from our database"

The blockchain is not capable of saying ANYTHING.  The blockchain is just a distributed database with a list of confirmed transactions and the proof-of-work that confirmed them.

There is a private business that has decided to call themselves "blockchain.info"  They are NOT the blockchain. They are just a company that has decided to use the word "blockchain" in the name of their company.  American Airlines is not "America". blockchain.info is not "the blockchain".

That company can say whatever they want to you on their website, but they have no authority over how the Bitcoin Network operates.

But my Bitcoin QT have no refund of BItcoin and my Bitcoin QT balance is still 0.00, does this mean my BTC IS LOST for ever?

No.

It means that you are using a tool that you don't understand, and you have created a bit of a mess for yourself.  A bit like a child trying to use a screwdriver to hammer in a nail.  It is possible that the transaction will confirm eventually (but that could take weeks, months, years, or even decades).  It is also possible that you could create and broadcast a replacement transaction, or create an incentive for someone to confirm the transaction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: