Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Coin Raffle for Minerjones family  (Read 1790 times)
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:27:16 AM

This is a bump, all of the other auctions/raffles did great but mine Sad

Well, killyou72, I think your raffle got off to a strange start.  Believe me, I was this close to buying ALL of the tickets!  I was inspired by fluffypony, and I thought that I would just match his bid- imagine giving .5 for a good cause!  And thinking that I am going to get an Ometeotl antique silver plated along with a Lealana, a cascascious and a Bitcoin Penny!   That's the way I read it anyhow.  Then Owicatz even questioned you whether it was a parody or not, and you replied that the OP had been updated.  I would have been really upset if all I was getting was a silver coin.  It didn't help with your thread that you were doing something like claiming you have new NSFW photos and really having them lifted from other sites.  

killyou72, I think you are a solid addition to the bitcoin community, and I do like your idea for a cheap bitcoin, like poker chips.  I take that back: I love that idea!!!

So, I would really consider what you post here on the forums.  Once it's out there, it's forever.  It gets archived, and everybody can see the original post- the one that started on May 10th, but was switched to a Miner Jones raffle.  You were offline when I was thinking of buying, and I figured if that I would wait another 8 hours, and I would get an explanation.  Sure enough, you had made an edit to the OP to clear up any misconceptions, and I am glad I waited.

I honestly think if you up your game, don't piss off any other member of the community, especially a respected contributors, and be upbeat and realistic, it will make a difference.  Keep up the good behavior and get rid of the bad behavior, and people will consider your raffles more professional, on par with your mentor(s).  I for one would consider entering one of your future raffles if they were like Defcon's, Anon's MJs and others.

That thread is still alive, I don't consider it dead yet. I agree with you on the prize thing I really missed that but if you looked at the pictures you would have seen it was a silver coin and with the title of the thread and the fact that it was obviously copy and pasted from a different thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 04:31:37 AM

But what was confusing was you kept wording of the OP as reading that the winner would be recieiving the Ometepl, and the other coins.  I guess the lesson is live and learn, etc.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: