Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone please make a steem clone  (Read 14345 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 04:43:37 AM

The idea of forcing "Jane and Joe" into the crypto world is inherently flawed. Any system that thrives off of the non-savvy community is destined to fail. Adoption will come to the commoners after everyone else, it's the only viable way.

With that being said, fuck steem and fuck anyone who tries to make a clone.

Good luck trying to fuck me. I doubt that will work out for you. Ask the gays in the Philippines who violating my respect for them by trying to flirt with me when I was giving clear body language that I was not interested.

I agree about "force".

But I disagree if that is providing what people want and need...

To my BCT friends who are goldbugs, the reason I speak frankly is because I want you to look at the situation objectively. I know from my own infatuation in the past with precious metals, that the drug of fighting back against the system is very intoxicating.

But the fact is that absent our existing governance and monetary system, a power vacuum forms, which sucks in roaming armed gangs which then gives rise to warlords. The warlords are the market makers. Feudalism. Power is a fact of physics and nature.

The only way your fantasy of a silver dime monetary barter system would take form is if you have an organized community with governance, security, and enshrining silver dimes as the monetary system to give it the confidence it needs. And then some market makers to provided the liquidity between debt, silver dimes, and production. And you have to then provide for defense against more powerful invaders, so your community can't be too small.

If you don't understand how governance, market makers (i.e. power-brokers), and the economy are all dependent on each other, then you of course will make silly fantasies about people trading silver dimes as a fall back option.

Understanding power vacuums, the power-law distribution of wealth in nature, etc.. are critical to forming a rational assessment of the future.

Money has always been what people trust and have confidence in. This doesn't mean the metal itself, but as Armstrong has explained many times it was the stamp on the metal. Even when the invaders took over the Roman Empire, they used the stamps on the coins from the former Empire because it was more trusted.

Bitcoin (crypto-currency on a blockchain) enable trustless money, where we don't have to trust any authority. We trust the decentralized protocol. Now that was the ideal. Unfortunately Satoshi's proof-of-work centralizes and thus we end up trusting Gregory Maxwell and the Chinese mining cartel.

So crypto-currency is not quite ready for being independent of the powers-that-be yet.

Someone may invent a solution. I happen to know someone who claims he may have such a solution. We'll see...

Question for you.

What is the most ideal money system?

In the now Id suppose this would be the system with the most liquidity and fungibility.

However if one was to theorize what the most ideal money system was, what would it

There is no perfect static one. Nothing static will ever be perfect, because static means we can't exist. Our existence is predicated on friction and thus change via irreversibility of space-time. I wrote about this recently in several places (see Economic Devastation, see one of my blogs on Steemit, and see some recent comment posts and also wrote about this on Github, don't have time to dig this up, ... google my name and "light cones").

The ideal money system is always changing. It is the one that enables society to move forward, as the needs of society changed.

As I have explained several years ago in my seminal articles which CoinCube cited, during the Industrial Age we needed to store capital in a way that maximized the economies-of-scale of constructing factories, i.e. maximizing efficiency of labor and technical capital. Whereas, now in the Knowledge Age we need to maximize decentralization and thus diversity of maximization-of-the-division-of-labor.

This is why now physical money can't move us forward. Gold and silver could only take us back to a Dark Age. We must move forward, because the degrees-of-freedom in society had shifted due to technological advancement. I would need to write another essay to explain this in more detail and don't have the time nor cognitive energy to do it now.

As Dmitry Orlov points out, everyone's priority is on food, security, and transportation. Direct trade of these is more valued than some metal which can't be traded for these needs, because these metals are not liquid.

Thinking towards your better then steemit line of thought. The next generation social network would do well to focus on these things. Allow the economy(trade of goods and services) to flourish freely. Decentralize food preparation and distribution. (Ie: uber/air bnb like: you cook some extra food and use a local service to sell and deliver it, build a rep, etc). Decentralize security, neighborhood militia, cop liasons, neighborhood watch, etc. Decentralize transportation, uber.

(Decentralization in this case, still uses a network as the centralizer, however it allows regular people to participate. Ie: gives the purpose..a job, when no ones hiring)

Disagree. IMO, the better Steemit I am working on can't focus on physical world things, because that doesn't appear to me be the low hanging fruit. The virtual world moves at much greater degrees-of-freedom (a form of efficiency in the sense of potential energy). Once you've onboarded the virtual ecosystem, it can then also take over the physical realm as an after effect of already conquering the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:57:52 AM

Steem clones such as Ark based on DPOS and the same failed concepts as Steem (such as voting) will IMO also fail:

@laonie wrote that he invested 400 BTC in Steem Power.

https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/proposed-changes-to-steem-economy#@anonymint/re-laonie-re-anonymint-re-laonie-re-lukestokes-re-steemitblog-proposed-changes-to-steem-economy-20161107t025849431z

Quote from: myself
Quote from: @laonie
Quote from: myself
Quote from: @laonie
If you want to win a user's heart, money just won't work.

You are correct that users won't stay just for money and the site must be enjoyable/meaningful even without remuneration, because it is mathematically impossible to pay users enough for blogging from debasement of investors.

However if users stayed because they are investors, then they could have both their heart and mind vested in it. That was one of my key insights when I realized how to make a better Steem "clone".

Voting is the problem (because as one of my blogs pointed out, it is impossible to avoid Sybil attacks without handing that voting power to the whales which thus centralizes the ranking and reward system).

Btw, remember I responded to one of your blogs in August and warned you that you were throwing your BTC down a rat hole. Maybe next time you listen more carefully to what I have to say.

Yes, you did warn me, thanks for the warning, i wasn't thinking clearly at that time, and i learned the lesson.

Quote from: @knozaki2015
I invested 40btc... so I totally agree with your position!

I am developing a social network blockchain project somewhat similar to Steem, but different in very important ways which address all of your points and even points you have not yet thought of. It is also intended to fix all the centralization problems of Bitcoin, so it is to be a major announcement in the Bitcoin ecosystem when I get close to launch. Also the name I have is superior (the domain is already registered), on the caliber of "Twitter".

The DPOS which Steem is based on is less than ideal. I wrote down the issues at least one of which afaik no one else had enumerated. I have also been creating  a new programming language to replace JavaScript and Java, and this ties into my plans for the social network. I must keep some of the details secret until I get closer to launch, otherwise other projects would possibly attempt to copy them.

I will be in Singapore in second and third week of January (for a medical trip to deal with my liver & digestive health problem) if anyone wants to meet to talk with me face-to-face. It would probably be best if there was some angel investment now to help hire another top programmer to accelerate my progress. I am a top programmer and only want to work with the very best due to the Mythical Man Month loses  of productivity due ridiculous amounts of communication load (or miscommunication outcomes) incurred when working with junior programmers.

I can be contacted at my LinkedIn, which is linked in my first blog post.

I don't think it is in my best interests to apply my design and ideas to changing Steem, because I am not one of the whales who mined the stealth mining. The prior concentration of ownership disincentivizes me from being a full partner in the ecosystem. I had thought about contacting @ned, but then changed my mind when I became aware of how most of the tokens had been minded for Steemit, Inc.

I have appreciated that they did this experiment and demonstrated the potential value of a Steem-like concept and I participated sincerely to see what would come of it (which is a concept I was working on before they launched and before I had heard of Steem). I presume they have profited commensurately. And they can make changes now and see how much they can salvage from the existing design and inertia. I am not claiming they can't make some design improvements. I will be watching intently to see what they do.
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 05:42:24 AM

Masknetwork looked good until they shut down earlier. However their UI was about as bad as it gets and really had no future if they didn't have more nodes that looked more professional, instead of using calibri font all the time Roll Eyes
iamnotback

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 12:38:06 AM

Ark.io is running an ICO now and already raised $1 million with another ~3 weeks to go, but they are not even promising how much of the premine the ICO participants will get:

https://ark.io/ARK-TEC-Agreement.pdf

Nor are they limiting the amount of funds raised, thus the initial value of the market cap required in order for those ICO investors to even exit break even.

Why would anyone invest under such horrible terms? What are these speculators thinking?

(I hope somebody is going to put an end to this nonsense soon! and all those who bought these scamcoins are going to observe their tokens become worthless! That is my hope.)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:25:31 AM

@iamnotback
Good eye.. they count on us not reading the fine print.
This comment of yours is deserving of a bump to raise awareness of this sketchy situation.

Watch out guys it's gettin' pretty damn scammy out there.  Undecided

FUD first & ask questions later™
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 03:55:05 AM

Steem.it would be a great platform if you host blogs. What I would do is use their code for more niche blogs. I would make one for "recipes". Then make a coin and use that coin to hire content writers. Once you cloned it and had the payments going you could start pumping out new blog sites for every popular niche.

I have bigger ideas and I don't think steem.it technology is very good. I'm more into fully decentralized platforms and mobile dapps. It's definitely a good idea to use it if you're starting a blog.

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 01:38:01 AM

I dont think we need a clone , just something with a similar idea would be good enough. I k ow steem works well and as a bonus it pays according to steem power which you can invest into. So you can invest directly into your own articles. Best of all if something else similar to steem comes along we can be early investors and maybe whales ^^

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:48:37 AM

...if something else similar to steem comes along we can be early investors and maybe whales ^^

Every scammer knows and will try to take advantage of this. ^^^

Because steem doesn't allow them to make quick copy paste scamcoins they will have to find a workaround to this I guess. 
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 06:28:08 AM

I guess no one yet had cloned steem ever since? I thought newbium was just one.  Maybe you guys are requesting a clone to a wrong crowd, there are hardcore programmers can do this in less than a week. its the money talk that can make it work, how much would someone pay for steem.it clone by the way?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
iamnotback

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 12:12:07 PM

I guess no one yet had cloned steem ever since?

Did you forget Ark.io?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695981.msg17016728#msg17016728
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:40:53 PM

I guess no one yet had cloned steem ever since? I thought newbium was just one.  Maybe you guys are requesting a clone to a wrong crowd, there are hardcore programmers can do this in less than a week. its the money talk that can make it work, how much would someone pay for steem.it clone by the way?

There is a Russian clone called Golos (which is licenced by steem). But yeah, most wannabe clones haven't launched yet, so at the moment they are just vaporware.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 03:35:51 PM

There is a Russian clone called Golos (which is licenced by steem). But yeah, most wannabe clones haven't launched yet, so at the moment they are just vaporware.

Most clones i believe are much better though and that is because most of those that developed it already have found flaws and solutions to the original one.  Some of the products or coins with same concept are better too, example of this is zcash which has same feature with anon coins but they tend to be better.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
AusKipper

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:01:23 AM

Why do we need a Steem clone?

The original is always best.

@iamnotback I didnt know Ark.io was similar to steem? I read all their website recently (ARK's) and it just sounded like they where making another Etherum to me, but maybe I got it all wrong.

iamnotback

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:35:09 AM

Why do we need a Steem clone?

The original is always best.

Steem made several major errors in design, marketing, and launch/distribution. The original will not be the best.

@iamnotback I didnt know Ark.io was similar to steem? I read all their website recently (ARK's) and it just sounded like they where making another Etherum to me, but maybe I got it all wrong.

I think it is based on Graphene, so the same DPoS consensus for the blockchain. I haven't looked in much more detail beyond that. I read they were offer rewards via voting, which IMO was one of the major blunders of Steem.

I heard Dan Larimer is working on improving Graphene and launching a new thing. So Ark and Steem will be using an inferior technology.
AusKipper

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:39:45 AM

Steem made several major errors in design, marketing, and launch/distribution. The original will not be the best.

I think it is based on Graphene, so the same DPoS consensus for the blockchain. I haven't looked in much more detail beyond that. I read they were offer rewards via voting, which IMO was one of the major blunders of Steem.

I heard Dan Larimer is working on improving Graphene and launching a new thing. So Ark and Steem will be using an inferior technology.

Sorry, my original is always the best comment was sarcasm, but sarcasm is hard to get over the internet should have written {sarc} afterwards.

Monero is not the original ring sig crypto but its overtaken whatever was the first one.

I'll forward your thoughts on Ark.io to the person I know who was thinking of buying it. Whether they pay any attention or not is up to them.

Also yesterday or the day before I sent you a PM you still haven't replied to you might not have seen it Smiley

iamnotback

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:42:40 AM

Sorry, my original is always the best comment was sarcasm, but sarcasm is hard to get over the internet should have written {sarc} afterwards.

I'm too sleepless to notice.
immakingacoin

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:12:53 AM

We need more of this.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:44:50 AM

I don't think that just cloning a coin is good idea. Simple clone would never be as popular as original design.
What you want to is introduce EEE doctrine. Which means - embrace, extend, and exterminate.
This is known strategy Microsoft uses as main way to conquer the market; they first copy existing idea, hone it to the perfection and then you can kill original idea and control and monopolize this idea.

The op's idea is good. But this is better! I meam damn bruh! This should be how developers in the cryoto world think and should be the way to compete with other rivals! This will not only make their rivalry interesting and thrilling to watch, but also make their projects worth investing and actually doing something good to the crypto world.
immakingacoin

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:07:20 PM

Everyone should look up "Bazillion Beings" and check out STEEM/Steemit Bots, this is how Robots will earn everyone money in the Future. Stop worrying about robots taking your job.

https://steemit.com/bots/@personz/a-new-voter-bot-newer-smarter-freer
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@steemitprime/steemit-bot-2017-increase-upvote-and-follower-100-working
https://steemit.com/steemit/@cerebralace/how-to-use-the-steemit-voting-bots
https://steemit.com/steemit/@hoschitrooper/bots-bots-and-bots
https://steemit.com/steem/@heimindanger/don-t-use-vote-selling-bots-use-promoted-instead-a-bot-that-upvotes-you-when-you-burn-money
https://steemit.com/guide/@bitcoinparadise/do-you-want-to-run-you-own-voting-bot

How about as we start getting the Steemit Clones and everything out, we make them more and more Bot Friendly. And we create threads like this, where we can all talk about creating Bots that will vote on each others posts. Maybe we can even create a Bot that reads a thread, and looks for usernames in the thread, then if you hook up your account to the Bot, it just votes on everyone in the Thread automatically for you. And does it for anyone who uses the Bot, so everyone is getting everyone's votes.
immakingacoin

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

Here is an example of a Steemit Fork
https://github.com/Someguy123/understeem
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: