Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:18:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
altmarket3

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 10:24:05 AM

Minor update about FanMix posted yesterday in the new forum section of the site:

https://fanmix.com/discussions/forum/site-news-and-updates-9/topic/site-update-november-5th-2019-1/?ref=fegdbglii

Band announcement was held back, but sounds like it will be any day now. Looking forward to seeing who it is and checking out the effect of the automated Tao market buys which will happen in response to sales of the album and other money spent on the FM site.

I think you've finally convinced me that you're not Bryce.

By having, in your sig, a link to an alternate fanmix "site" where all the links go to your referral link. I appreciate the grift, man, it's truly something Bryce would do - you've learned well - but he wouldn't do it on one of his own pages. That's a bit blatant, even for him.

I do wonder when all the blown deadlines and empty wastelands of websites are going to convince you that this whole thing is a lost cause, though. Honestly, could you give me an over/under how many people have joined and left, respectively, the tao/fanmix/altmarket conglomeration in the last, say, year or half year or so?

How many accounts do you have to troll this thread, anyway? I can't believe you still thought I was Bryce. You do seem really easily confused.

Anyway, I don't know why it would make sense to give up on the project at the last minute before the first FanMix band is announced. It's like you've read nothing in this thread or on my site that you mentioned. If you have you clearly don't see how this all fits together. It needs all of the pieces and no one of them is "the thing" I guess you're expecting.

FanMix is up and running with an affiliate system in place and working. The entire point is to let fans monetize their fandom by referring other fans or referring bands who aren't on the platform yet.

The bands raise money, the fans earn, and if at least $10,000 is raised in an album pre-sale then the artists get their own branded crypto token. And all of the fans who pledged/pre-ordered their album get the coins too.

Then they can either hold them as "proof of fan," sell them on the market, or buy up more. All artist coins will only be traded with TAO as the base for the pair.

A portion of all money spent on FanMix is used to buy up Tao off the USD market on AM, part of which is held and staked and part is paid out for the affiliate system. This provides automatic buy price support the more artists and fans use the platform.

Everything is built, up, and running. The exchange. The fan site. The affiliate system.

The first artist is going to be announced any time. That's all that's left to wait for.

Why would I consider it a lost cause after all of that? Crazy.

Oh I've made a couple of accounts, as I tend to forget between the times I bother to check up on this project. Couldn't tell you how many though.

It's too much of an impressive train wreck to ignore completely, so I get back every couple of weeks to just look at the empty sites and exchanges. There's a somewhat impressive bot presence on AltMarket though, I'll give you that, but it's a bit too obvious. As in, it would take a moron to believe that any trades at all happens between actual humans.

I mean, five people (which is what I'd guess the altmarket "community amounts to) putting in all their spare time and money can certainly achieve impressive things, but that would require honesty and integrity, especially from the project lead. And you're not getting that from Bryce. And with your nice little deceptive link in the sig, I doubt the "community" would be better off with you at the helm.

It's grifters all the way down. I hope no more semi-honest artists or promoters are stupid enough to fall into your hands, after what happened with ODB and Draper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 10:44:05 AM

It's like you've read nothing in this thread or on my site that you mentioned. If you have you clearly don't see how this all fits together. It needs all of the pieces and no  single one of them is "the thing" I guess you were expecting.

FanMix is up and running with an affiliate system in place and working. The entire point is to let fans monetize their fandom by referring other fans or referring bands who aren't on the platform yet.

The bands raise money, the fans earn, and if at least $10,000 is raised in an album pre-sale then the artists get their own branded crypto token. And all of the fans who pledged/pre-ordered their album get the coins too.

Then they can either hold them as "proof of fan," sell them on the market, or buy up more. All artist coins will only be traded with TAO as the base for the pair.

A portion of all money spent on FanMix is used to buy up Tao off the USD market on AM, part of which is held and staked and part is paid out for the affiliate system. This provides automatic buy price support the more artists and fans use the platform.

Everything is built, up, and running. The exchange. The fan site. The affiliate system.

The first artist is going to be announced any time. That's all that's left to wait for.

Why would I consider it a lost cause after all of that? Crazy.

It's too much of an impressive train wreck to ignore completely, so I get back every couple of weeks to just look at the empty sites and exchanges. There's a somewhat impressive bot presence on AltMarket though, I'll give you that, but it's a bit too obvious. As in, it would take a moron to believe that any trades at all happens between actual humans.

I mean, five people (which is what I'd guess the altmarket "community amounts to) putting in all their spare time and money can certainly achieve impressive things, but that would require honesty and integrity, especially from the project lead. And you're not getting that from Bryce. And with your nice little deceptive link in the sig, I doubt the "community" would be better off with you at the helm.

It's grifters all the way down. I hope no more semi-honest artists or promoters are stupid enough to fall into your hands, after what happened with ODB and Draper.

All you have is baseless attacks on people's character.

The exchange doesn't have much volume yet, what relevance? If you bothered reading my posts and try to understand it without your kneejerk "sCamMeRz!1" mindset, you'd understand.

All the pieces are in place. The exchange. The fan site.

Most of the people who have Tao don't want to sell it. So little volume. CMC doesn't list it, so people can't find it. So no volume.

In the mean time, new coins are being added and traders come with those communities. Which brings volume.

The volume will come from FanMix. Album sales and pledges from fans on FanMix bring volume.

CMC lists it. More people trade. More volume.

Bigger US exchanges offshore like Poloniex, or have other legal woes over the next several months. People need a place to trade. Here's AltMarket, fully regulatory compliant. CEO has friendly meetings with members of congress and the SEC. Safe trading.

http://fanmix.biz/how-bryce-weiner-became-the-first-blockchain-developer-to-lobby-congress/

More volume.

And so on.

Step by step.  Slow and steady.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

First artist comes soooooon(™)

Eventually the slow learners will get it.  Smiley

ACGCrypto

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:10:27 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2019, 08:34:52 PM by ACGCrypto

Thursday is the reveal of the first FanMix artist. It's been a long wait but tomorrow's finally the big day:

http://fanmix.biz/first-fanmix-artist-launching-this-thursday-nov-14/

Join us. Smiley

altmarket3

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:32:40 PM

Thursday is the reveal of the first FanMix artist. It's been a long wait but tomorrow's finally the big day:

http://acgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/FanMix-Bryce-launch-2019-11-13.jpg

Join us. Smiley

A community of thousands.

24 likes.

10 retweets.

(and no, that hasn't changed a lot)
ACGCrypto

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 11:18:43 PM

Join us. Smiley

A community of thousands.

24 likes.

10 retweets.

(and no, that hasn't changed a lot)

Are you the same guy in my mentions on Twitter who focuses on trivial status markers such as likes while entirely missing the point? It's always telling when people can never refute points or make decent counterarguments, but instead try to belittle.

Anyway, looking forward to the band launch tomorrow and watching the automated Tao market buys in action.  Smiley

Samwise_smells_a_scam

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 01:09:58 AM

You miss the point dunce, after 3 years of nothingness your house token is worthess and you're on about "i CaNt WaIt To sEe wHo tHe BaNd Is" The band will be nobodies who go nowhere and will soon say Bryce weiner lied and stole from them. Rinse, repeat.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 01:47:36 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2019, 06:07:22 AM by ACGCrypto

You miss the point dunce, after 3 years of nothingness your house token is worthess and you're on about "i CaNt WaIt To sEe wHo tHe BaNd Is" The band will be nobodies who go nowhere and will soon say Bryce weiner lied and stole from them. Rinse, repeat.

Dude, did you switch accounts again?  Roll Eyes

"3 years of nothingness" I can't even. This entire thread (other than you trolling with your various accounts) almost entirely consists of documentation of things accomplished by Bryce and co.

Let me see, off the top of my head:

• 2016 Tao launches with a fully regulatory compliant ICO, raising $100K and launching the network
  • Within a few weeks he had a working proof of concept website for the originally planned approach of securing song rights on the blockchain
  • Partnership with Peter Rafelson, a man who is deeply connected in Hollywood and the music industry, as documented elsewhere in the thread
  • Hosted a small conference on music rights and blockchain with Bryce and Peter, the audience included representatives from Pandora. Discussions with them led to the smart decision to pivot to the current model of helping bands raise/make money with crypto instead of using a blockchain for song rights
  • Founded a recording company, Infiniti Music
  • Founded the company AltMarket with intent to launch an exchange
  • Successfully lobbied congress and secured an invite to meet with the SEC. Has full support from the law.
  • Ran their first pilot test of Initial Artist Offerings with ODBcoin, helping put ODB's son Young Dirty on the national stage
  • AltMarket exchange opened
  • APIs set up
  • Ran a successful radio campaign on major radio station KBLX in San Francisco, advertising a cryptocurrency conference AltMarket sponsored. This was a test of upcoming radio ads they have planned for some of the biggest national markets to advertise FanMix and the artists
  • FanMix built
  • Referral system paying cryptocurrency rewards built & working
  • First band comes tomorrow. Has an existing, enthusiastic fanbase but is not signed. Will be able to raise funds without signing away their recording rights to a record label.
  • More bands will follow
  • A portion of all dollars spent on FanMix will buy Tao off the market, providing automated buy support using the APIs mentioned above

Yes, you're right!  thREEEEEEEEEEE yEaRs oF nOtHiNgNeSs11!  Cheesy

http://fanmix.biz/first-fanmix-artist-launching-this-thursday-nov-14/

OMFG I was going to post this and you've signed into yet ANOTHER account to troll the thread. You guy(s) are just sad.

PresidentDixon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 01:35:38 PM

Imagine being mad at one of the only platforms with a valid USP that involves crypto. It's adoption cunts, time to celebrate, this space finally has value!
cableguy99

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 10:46:33 PM

These sock puppet trolls are silly, you have to wonder why they bother spending their time here, Mr Francs is that you?
ACGCrypto

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 11:34:31 PM

Fanmix has revealed their first band, and it's Baltimore-based SMANTX! I've done a full write-up here on my site:

http://fanmix.biz/first-fanmix-band-revealed-smantx/

Or you can jump straight to the official band pages on Fanmix.

About SMANTX: https://fanmix.com/@smantx?ref=fegdbglii

and their Fanmix campaign page where you can pledge money to them and earn lootbox rewards based on your pledge level: https://fanmix.com/@smantx/our-next-album?ref=fegdbglii

Remember, a portion of all money spent on Fanmix goes towards buying Tao off the market, and if they raise at least $10,000 then they'll be issued an official branded crypto like ODBcoin. Every person who pledges will get a proportionate share of those coins if they reach the funding goal and of course you get the lootbox rewards regardless of funding levels.

So the site gives you two potential ways to earn crypto - earning Tao as crypto referral rewards, and the potential for an artist token which you will be able to trade on AltMarket. All artist tokens can only be traded for Tao, remember.

Congratulations to SMANTX!

Here are a couple of their songs

The Wild
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-Z45iFcuE

and

Running In the Dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTz9Yi4yu0

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 08:38:43 PM

A belated update: so far, SMANTX (pronounced like Semantics) has raised over $3,840 -- most in the first twelve hours of their campaign. This puts them well over a third of the way to the $10,000 mark needed to issue their artist token.

As I think I mentioned previously, everyone who pledged funds to their campaign will get a proportionate share of the artist tokens issued. This is the only way to get them prior to the SMANTX token market opening on AltMarket down the road, where obviously they could end up trading much higher than $1/coin as we saw with ODBcoin.

This means a special reward to loyal fans who support their artist, something which could become valuable if/when a given band takes off.

As mentioned upthread, all artist tokens will be exclusive to AltMarket and only will be be possible to purchase with TAO.

And either way, the Fanmix platform demonstrably benefits bands.

In other news, Bryce has posted a couple of updates on the platform since the first campaign began.

November 24th update
Fanmix will add the ability to gift pledges to someone so you'll be able to give a fan of a band their album and/or other merchandise as a gift starting later in December.  There are also more bands on the way:
https://fanmix.com/discussions/forum/site-news-and-updates-9/topic/site-update-november-23th-2019-4/?ref=fegdbglii

December 1st update
new tools are being added to Fanmix, including the ability for artists to broadcast updates directly to fans via email, and there is a new Manager program being implemented which will allow artists to designate someone as their Fanmix Manager to let the artists focus on the creative process while the Manager runs their campaigns for them and earns $$ in the process.  Additional details on this are forthcoming.

https://fanmix.com/discussions/forum/site-news-and-updates-9/topic/site-update-december-1st-2019-5/?ref=fegdbglii

And one additional item that is not directly Tao related but may be of interest is this recent interview with AltMarket/Fanmix business partner Peter Rafelson at the Los Angeles Film School:

A Conversation with Hit Maker and Entrepreneur Peter Rafelson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvo-NNsTCs

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 01:11:24 AM

Community member Richie has created a Tao paper wallet generator which you can find here:

https://freshmintrecords.com/

Rumor is that we may see paper wallets with Tao circulating at Fanmix artist live shows starting sometime next year

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 09:20:06 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2019, 07:54:40 PM by ACGCrypto

December 9 Fanmix update:

https://fanmix.com/discussions/forum/site-news-and-updates-9/topic/site-update-december-9th-2019-6/?ref=fegdbglii

Starting soon they will be training the first Fanmix Managers, who will be able to run campaigns for bands and earn 5% of the money the band raises. This is invite-only to start (I have my invite, do you have one yet?) but anyone will be able to become a manager starting sometime soon.

The platform will also be opened up in the near future for anyone to register and start earning, as they have now added an identity verification system to make sure nobody signs up pretending to represent a band.

Looking forward to seeing this take off in 2020!  Smiley

Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:06:13 AM

hows the festival coming along?

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:23:47 PM

hows the festival coming along?

Not sure, that's probably a question for Kris/Complex in the slack who I think is one of the main people involved in that. I believe it's still planned for summer 2020. I know they've had a venue lined up for some time on a resort property in California, and I know about one specific band who may be appearing, but that's all the info I have right now.

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 06:58:04 PM

December 23rd Fanmix update:

Things have slowed down due to the holidays, but next year is planned to start off in a big way.

New features have been added to Fanmix for artists and managers, including charts and analytics to see how campaigns are going. More artists will be announced in the new year.

https://fanmix.com/discussions/forum/site-news-and-updates-9/topic/site-update-december-23rd-2019-7/?ref=fegdbglii

ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 03:18:25 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2020, 05:03:09 PM by ACGCrypto

Happy New Year, Taolandia  Smiley

Community member Richie has been working on a Javascript Tao library for building HTML/web wallets:
https://github.com/9z25/taojs-lib

also available through the official Tao git:
https://github.com/taoblockchain/taojs-lib

The above has been implemented here, allowing you to broadcast Tao transactions via this web interface: https://freshmintrecords.com/tx-broadcaster/

Also, a reminder that Tao masternodes will be activated this year.  Wink

ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 08:49:47 PM

Syscoin (SYS) has been added to the AltMarket:

Next up: the new trading APIs.

Already happening, fundraise/ICO for AltMarket BNB-style token, which will also be used for a referral system:

CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 04:13:32 AM

"Alt Market ecoystem token"?

That's not what TAO is?

Sounds like Bryce is gearing up his hapless band of child investors for yet another fleecing.

When signing up, you have to check this box:

I am 13 years of age or older or have obtained my parents’ permission

13 or have obtained my parents' permission?  Cheesy

Why doesn't Alt Market publish its trading data publicly? Why do you have to be a member of the exchange in order to view it?

The whole thing is sleazy AF.

ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 04:09:13 PM

"Alt Market ecoystem token"?

That's not what TAO is?

Sounds like Bryce is gearing up his hapless band of child investors for yet another fleecing.

When signing up, you have to check this box:

I am 13 years of age or older or have obtained my parents’ permission

13 or have obtained my parents' permission?  Cheesy

Why doesn't Alt Market publish its trading data publicly? Why do you have to be a member of the exchange in order to view it?

The whole thing is sleazy AF.

Just because you lack clarity about things doesn't make it sleazy, silly.  Roll Eyes

I'm assuming from your familiar writing style and the established pattern of using throwaway and alt accounts that you're one of the trolls who have hovered around this thread for years. I will walk you through part of it, but I am tired of holding your hand when you're so determinedly obtuse about everything. You can get it or not; really makes no difference to me at this point.

As I've explained previously, the entire ecosystem Bryce has been building is designed to be a safe and legal place for people to support bands on Fanmix and to trade coins on AltMarket. A big target demographic for the Fanmix side is teens 13 and up, since they are a huge demographic, very into music, but underserved by the market.

Some of them will take artist coins they will earn by supporting bands and trade them on AM; others will want to buy an artist coin that they missed out on getting or didn't get enough of.

So they need to be old enough or have their parent's permission for legal compliance reasons. Hence the checkbox. Maybe AM's legal compliance officer Kamal Hubbard can explain it better to you if you ask him nicely on Twitter and if he feels like answering.

AM is issuing a stablecoin. Tao is not a stablecoin by itself since it stakes and has its own independent economics determined by the emission schedule in the code. But it will form part of a basket of currencies as explained in the screenshots in this tweet:
https://twitter.com/ACG_Crypto/status/1210678524761260032

You'll find additional info if you browse the #WhyBuyTAO hashtag.

This is in addition to the already established use cases. Tao will continue to be the base for certain trading pairs including the -- legally enforceable -- exclusive base for all artist coins. It will continue to be the coin paid out for the Fanmix referral system. It will continue to be used for the Diamond Program as that starts to come online later this year, like at the Infiniti Festival this summer.

So nothing has been lost; this is in addition to the already established use cases.

The trading data will, perforce, become available when the new trading APIs come online in the next few weeks. The APIs are the last piece and will be in place soon. Bryce is rolling things out at the pace that he sees fit.  You'll see it when you see it.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: