Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using "Annonymous" Bitcoin debit card is legal ?  (Read 562 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:37:58 PM

I know this question may sound little bit weird to you but It's not .

I got a free Bitcoin debit card months/year ago (don't remember the time) for being part of the Bit-x signature campaign , I never used he card at ATMs or at shops since shops here don't accept MasterCard or Visa (I live in Algeria) 

The card don't contain my name (It says Bit-x only ) and I have a family member who is going to travel soon to UK (assume that this question is for any other country)  and I was wondering if It's normal to use it on shops and ATMs , I mean the SHOP won't ask him why the card doesn't contain a name or something like that ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:55:09 PM

I know this question may sound little bit weird to you but It's not .

I got a free Bitcoin debit card months/year ago (don't remember the time) for being part of the Bit-x signature campaign , I never used he card at ATMs or at shops since shops here don't accept MasterCard or Visa (I live in Algeria) 

The card don't contain my name (It says Bit-x only ) and I have a family member who is going to travel soon to UK (assume that this question is for any other country)  and I was wondering if It's normal to use it on shops and ATMs , I mean the SHOP won't ask him why the card doesn't contain a name or something like that ?

I can't tell you for sure what will happen in your case, just that i have so far never been questioned using debit card with no info. I guess the needed informations are
red from the card itself, and that's the only important part, all on top is just design for most part imho.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:06:49 PM

To be very honest with you,the entire concept of using plastic cards with bitcoins in it confuses the fuck out of me.How,why and when do they do process the coins in one's address,convert it in real time so the card becomes usable in all the ATM's.If I got it all correct,basically we are simply using the fiat but its converted from bitcoins,isn't it ? Bitcoin ATM's altogether is a different concept but using of Bit-x cards in regular atm's is quite fascinating.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:10:25 PM

Well did you or did you not write anything in the cardholder field when you were ordering the debit card? Because there is always a spot to write the name of the person who is going to use the card and if Bit-x didn't have such an option it looks pretty sketchy to me. But I assume you just didn't bother to write your name in there so Bit-x just shipped the card to your address and that's it.

Anyways ATM's don't care about missing names on the plastic they only look for the chips so I see no problem with that  Grin
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:19:10 AM

Well did you or did you not write anything in the cardholder field when you were ordering the debit card? Because there is always a spot to write the name of the person who is going to use the card and if Bit-x didn't have such an option it looks pretty sketchy to me. But I assume you just didn't bother to write your name in there so Bit-x just shipped the card to your address and that's it.

Anyways ATM's don't care about missing names on the plastic they only look for the chips so I see no problem with that  Grin

I'm pretty sure I wrote a name + the address and everything needed but I'm not sure if It contains my name or not , can't remember . It was a free card so I couldn't complain about anything , all I know It's that it contains Bit-x.com as CARDHOLDER name (on the design , not sure what's happening inside the card itself)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:07:03 PM

There is no anonymous bitcoin cards at all, they ask for your date when you purchase them.
I do not think there is a problem with the card as no name on in because most of the prepaid cards don't have a name and they work with no problem
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:55:46 PM

There is no anonymous bitcoin cards at all, they ask for your date when you purchase them.
I do not think there is a problem with the card as no name on in because most of the prepaid cards don't have a name and they work with no problem

I know they should work without problem but I just want to know if I won't have any legal issues while using them at local shops or something ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
uquid

Activity: 518

All In One Services with UQUID

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 08:01:10 PM

I know they should work without problem but I just want to know if I won't have any legal issues while using them at local shops or something ?
you will never get any legal issues if you can show them where you get card from. In most case, nobody will ask you what card you using unless your card have problem with transaction. Some shop they will refused all prepaid card. if you get declined (still have enough fund) then you should not try again if you do not want they ask about your cards.
(you also should sign in back of your card in case someone want to check who is owner of that card or you lost the card )

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:35:26 PM

I am also worried about my cryptopay bitcoin debit cards which does not have my real name but just a random one and since they didn't required verification at the begninning I'm afraid using it on ATMs, what if the card stucks there and they ask for ID or anything else which will not be the same as on the card? In your case OmegaStarScream I wouldn't let him/they use it.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:23:23 AM

I am also worried about my cryptopay bitcoin debit cards which does not have my real name but just a random one and since they didn't required verification at the begninning I'm afraid using it on ATMs, what if the card stucks there and they ask for ID or anything else which will not be the same as on the card? In your case OmegaStarScream I wouldn't let him/they use it.

The good thing about bitcoin is that you can transfer your fast so If it get stuck or anything , I'm pretty sure you can go to CoinsBank,Cryptopay or WirexApp account or any other bitcoin debit card account and withdraw the funds.

you will never get any legal issues if you can show them where you get card from. In most case, nobody will ask you what card you using unless your card have problem with transaction. Some shop they will refused all prepaid card. if you get declined (still have enough fund) then you should not try again if you do not want they ask about your cards.
(you also should sign in back of your card in case someone want to check who is owner of that card or you lost the card )

That's the thing , the guy who I'm going to give the card don't know anything about Bitcoin basically so I'm not sure how he is going to prove anything If he don't know what is bitcoin in the first place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
uquid

Activity: 518

All In One Services with UQUID

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 09:27:53 AM

The good thing about bitcoin is that you can transfer your fast so If it get stuck or anything , I'm pretty sure you can go to CoinsBank,Cryptopay or WirexApp account or any other bitcoin debit card account and withdraw the funds.

That's the thing , the guy who I'm going to give the card don't know anything about Bitcoin basically so I'm not sure how he is going to prove anything If he don't know what is bitcoin in the first place.

If the card have no information ( name )on the card they are getting decline and refused more and more in shop now (if the shop required for identity check - for example, you go to tobaco shop or by a ancol ,they have right to ask who you are and how older are you - you can not say you over 18 if your card have no name on that )

Anonymous not mean you should get a card with no name or information on that.

For example like our uquid service, we provide customer a change can customize name on their card, you can buy for yourself or anyone you want. we supported for buying multi card (and ship to address you want) that mean you just need put the name of person you want they become owner of that card. We do not need verify anything that also mean 100% anonymous ( your money in your uquid wallet- you can load for your friends when he ask you for money -reduced risky when you load much into card and holding card in hand, if he lost card, you can requested a replacement for him). As far as you get name on card, you will never face with any legal issues.

isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:59:37 PM

Nobody can tell you what's legal in Algeria dude. I'd guess it would be fine though, if you dont want to use it for pos you can just withdraw from an atm with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: