Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to make a mining operation.  (Read 1841 times)
Ambr (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:29:58 PM

Can some people recommend some products, please?

I'm looking to spend a total of $5,000-$10,000. I don't care about power consumption, heat, or noise.

All the products I see when I do research are low price low power when I want the REAL STUFF. You know-- big, hot, and sexy.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:41:05 PM

There are no big, hot, sexy products right now.  Maybe hot though - the Antminer S9 is sold out which is really the only option.  You can look it up on bitmain.com; you might get 2 S9s shipped with power supplies for $5k.  It is not worth doing.  Stay away. Mining is no place for amateurs anymore.

kim.apps

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:45:35 PM

I would recommend S9 mining equipment as well, but I don't know if it's available atm.
And if you will have profits or not, it will depend on the cost of electricity in the place where you live.
Ambr (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:47:03 PM

There are no big, hot, sexy products right now.  Maybe hot though - the Antminer S9 is sold out which is really the only option.  You can look it up on bitmain.com; you might get 2 S9s shipped with power supplies for $5k.  It is not worth doing.  Stay away. Mining is no place for amateurs anymore.

I've been familiar with bitcoin mining since around 2011 so I don't quite consider myself an amateur.

I'll look at that product, but hopefully something else that is suitable pops up soon. :/
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:58:22 PM

I've been familiar with bitcoin mining since around 2011 so I don't quite consider myself an amateur.

I'll look at that product, but hopefully something else that is suitable pops up soon. :/

Ha ha!  Unless you have your own mining farm and have created your own mining equipment or at least designed one and used another companies ASIC chips, you are considered an amateur for the purposes of this discussion.  I've done the math in other threads, I can't do it again as it takes too long and I'm not really interested in taking the time to convince people anymore.

Here's one of my latest rants if you're interested.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 11:01:25 PM

Well if its s9 is not available right try to build a GPU or CPU miner for altcoin instead.. reserve your $5k for bitmain s9 and 5k for GPU and CPU altcoin mining..
Try mining ETC this is one the trend topic right now in altcoin section.
Also you can mine other altcoin if bitcoin is not profitable right now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:04:42 PM

If you're looking for hot and sexy, the days of Terraminer racks and the huge rackminer are gone now, replaced with the average-looking S9 and no other competition. I would suggest ETH or ETC mining right now as the fork may actually make ETC more profitable; the difficulty on the ETC chain is so ridiculously low I'm solo mining with a pair of R9 290Xs and hitting blocks. I'd look for RX 480s if you're going this path, but for now, there looks to be no big and sexy miners coming our way for now. The only good shit is the S9, and you'll need to buy a few to open a mine, and those are costly.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:38:15 AM

If you're looking for hot and sexy, the days of Terraminer racks and the huge rackminer are gone now, replaced with the average-looking S9 and no other competition. I would suggest ETH or ETC mining right now as the fork may actually make ETC more profitable; the difficulty on the ETC chain is so ridiculously low I'm solo mining with a pair of R9 290Xs and hitting blocks. I'd look for RX 480s if you're going this path, but for now, there looks to be no big and sexy miners coming our way for now. The only good shit is the S9, and you'll need to buy a few to open a mine, and those are costly.

Personally I would go into both BTC and ETH mining currently.  How much into each side... that is for op to decide.  But I think BTC will remain king for foreseeable future so mining it if you can do profitable makes sense long term in my opinion.   OP really needs to look at electricity and price of it where investing this will make or break mining.   But as far as choice on BTC currently S9 is it for a lot of miner's.  If cheap electricity S7's still a great machine.

GPU's are a completely different beast.  They are fun in my opinion to do and also GPU's do hold value decent till next gen knocks them down.  And 400 series is pretty new so you could mine with it chances are and not lose much value and sell gear eventually.   Lot's of potential for possible profit if you meet right conditions.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:18:59 AM

With a budget like this you could buy a few S9 miners, and still have money for extra racks and fans.
I think this would be your best value, unless you have very low power costs and could find some used S7s.
(Since you could probably buy four or five S7s for the price of each S9)
The price of your power will determine your best route.

Sontoloyo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 06:15:35 AM

With a budget like this you could buy a few S9 miners, and still have money for extra racks and fans.
I think this would be your best value, unless you have very low power costs and could find some used S7s.

I want to know, how long for return of investment if we invest S9? And after halving day, is mining with this unit still profit?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 07:59:02 AM

I want to know, how long for return of investment if we invest S9? And after halving day, is mining with this unit still profit?

You can't make a blanket statement of mining is profitable or not.  So many variables in it but largely electricity price.  So again ROI time will very between people.   You can do some math and see what it looks like for you at bitwisdom: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

With that link you will see how much difficulty change effect's long term.  No one can give you a exact date going that far out.   Also if you pay in USD BTC value can make a big effect.  So even payment method matter's when calculating.   If you tell us your electricity we likely can give you a decent guess of possible ROI, but keep in mind it is just that possible not guaranteed.
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:30:38 PM

The price of bitcoins keep spiraling downwards, better mine a good altcoin and exchange for bitcoins... at present, that's the profitable option out there.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
rawbert

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:04:26 AM

The S9 is still available on AliExpress.com for $2088, plus shipping, plus a power supply, plus taxes so more like 2300-2400 when you add it all up.
If you pay 4 cents for power you'll ROI in 1 year..
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-11-85-TH-s-AntMiner-S9-11850GH-s-Asic-Miner-Bitcon-Miner-16nm-BTC/32699543466.html

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:27:25 PM

The S9 is still available on AliExpress.com for $2088, plus shipping, plus a power supply, plus taxes so more like 2300-2400 when you add it all up.
If you pay 4 cents for power you'll ROI in 1 year..
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-11-85-TH-s-AntMiner-S9-11850GH-s-Asic-Miner-Bitcon-Miner-16nm-BTC/32699543466.html
The only problems with this are:
1. Aliexpress sellers always sell higher than Bitmain does. Even adding shipping, with your own psu, you'll probably only get costs of 2200$(Assuming S9 prices stay stable and are the same cost as B9).

2. Difficulty will fluctuate greatly, and nobody can predict difficulty accurately enough to say when a miner will roi. We could have difficulty skyrocketing and a new generation of chips come out, nobody knows.

Besides all of this, if you really want a S9, Aliexpress is pretty decent in their shipping and support, and if you have no problem paying one or two hundred above Bitmain's price, you should be good to go.
dragonmining

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:09:51 AM

The s9 is still available on Dragon Mining's official website

http://www.dragonmining.net/#!mining-hardware/e5onh

You could also get in touch with our team for a special on bulk orders.

Good luck with your mining!
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:31:13 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2016, 09:15:16 PM by tmfp

The s9 is still available on Dragon Mining's official website

http://www.dragonmining.net/#!mining-hardware/e5onh

You could also get in touch with our team for a special on bulk orders.

Good luck with your mining!

And who the fuck are dragonmining?

That shitty website with its pictures of skyscrapers and Fiverrr video says one thing: and it's not "Give these people money".

Your "Data Office" is in one of the most expensive parts of Central London. Your only contact is a mobile phone.

Our highly experienced team would like to offer their years accumulated wisdom and success as well as their strong devotion to Bitcoin in order for people everywhere to have their own opportunity at success with Bitcoin mining!

If I had a BTC for every time I've read that sort of bullshit I'd be as rich as Bill fucking Gates.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Sontoloyo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:09:25 AM

You can't make a blanket statement of mining is profitable or not.  So many variables in it but largely electricity price.  So again ROI time will very between people.   You can do some math and see what it looks like for you at bitwisdom: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

With that link you will see how much difficulty change effect's long term.  No one can give you a exact date going that far out.   Also if you pay in USD BTC value can make a big effect.  So even payment method matter's when calculating.   If you tell us your electricity we likely can give you a decent guess of possible ROI, but keep in mind it is just that possible not guaranteed.
thank you very much sir, after your reviewed, for information, about 18 months i was mined using 3 units s7 from bitmain, and the resulted is very good before halving day, but about 1 month i was turn off my 3 units above. if the price usd 800 or above i will mining again, once again thank you very much for your link above
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:26:31 PM

Best for you to get antminers or butterfly labs but dealing with seller face to face. If you have the amount ypu say you do then it might not be such a problem to setup.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: