Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Geopolitics and Crypto  (Read 1044 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:01:43 AM

As of now, I think there are banks who are already adapting blockchain technology and also bitcoins. Even some countries are recognizing bitcoin as a currency in coins. Slowly, the government will pass laws to regulate and control this bitcoin.

I may live in Serbia, but I didn't heard about banks making plans with bitcoin, I've heard for a few countries speaking about bitcoin (not including those who banned it). I seriously hopw that our government talk a little about bitcoin and maybe offer some bills to be payed in bitcoin, but that's so far from today for Serbia.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:05:58 AM

It would be fun to see a national bank (state owned) publishing the increase in holdings to various assets with the addition of Bitcoin on the list.
A well known country with diverse holdings like Switzerland with its huge stake in Apple could perhaps dip a toe.
Gold stockpiles are reported although one could guess not every country publishes its stake very accurately.
Is it possible that some clever finance ministers start accumulating and perhaps don't bother with putting it on the books? Is it even possible to buy in any reasonable quantities?
It could fail, but if it doesn't, they could buy a huge stake of power in international finance for pocket money. That would require the dreams of the Church of Satoshi coming true.

Just remember that countries last a long time and can hodl for a long time.

Crypto-revolution antifragility V CHECK

It would be very embarrassing to show they bought into an obsolete money with hard earned and taxed cash.

Bitcoin isn`t big and trusted enough to be used as a reserve currency for any central bank.

Central banks don`t need a currency like bitcoin.They buy gold and government bonds.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: