Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Go brought me to an app idea  (Read 816 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:58:43 PM

I just tested Pokemon Go today because everyone is playing this game. Well, I am not really attracted by it so I deleted it again. However, it brought me to an idea which I want to share with the community. I am not able to program it, maybe someone else could.

The app should be similar to localbitcoins. It should have a mobile live feature where you can see if a seller or buyer is at your near. So, I you want to buy or sell Bitcoins you can check if there is somebody in your near which is selling and buying Bitcoins. Then you can contact him over the app in order to set up a deal.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcapitalist

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:56:13 PM

Hey there,

I like your idea but doesn't Mycelium have a similar feature?

Where it will tell you how much miles away the seller is..maybe you want to do something more dynamic.

It would only work for cash exchanges?
155UE

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:56:31 PM

I think the OP is saying in real time. Localbitcoin locations are not updated live. If they were then that would be a hell of alot of bandwidth they would require on their servers to update all their members. I am talking about Google type money to support those servers 24/7 which I doubt localbitcoin as a service has.  Sad

Brakoo, the simplest Bitcoin lottery Try it for FREE!
Brakoo Lottery 1BrakooDHHXvGFY45hefmuxXA6dxN6GK8X (Official Thread) FREE Games with the Faucet
Send any amount to the pot. If you win, you will receive the pot. It is provably fair!. Drawing every day at 00:00 UTC
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:46:21 PM

Hey there,

I like your idea but doesn't Mycelium have a similar feature?

Where it will tell you how much miles away the seller is..maybe you want to do something more dynamic.

It would only work for cash exchanges?
Do mycelium really have this feature never tried them before but have heard about mycelium lots of time.
Gonna try this, as in here it is hard to find another bitcoiner living near us, does they also show the user near you who is just using mycelium wallet?
bitcapitalist

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:23:55 PM

I think the OP is saying in real time. Localbitcoin locations are not updated live. If they were then that would be a hell of alot of bandwidth they would require on their servers to update all their members. I am talking about Google type money to support those servers 24/7 which I doubt localbitcoin as a service has.  Sad

That is true. It would take a lot of funds to get the bandwidth they need.

Thanks for the explanation
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:05:36 PM

I do not know if I am misunderstanding the idea, but why would a Bitcoin user want his "exact" (at least to the limit of the accuracy of his GPS) position displayed in some sort of a public map? That would be risky for him.

-snip-

Well, if you sell 0.5 BTC then you have around $300 in "your mobile pocket". This is a usual amount we have with us when you go for shopping. So everyone knows it is very likely you have money in your pocket. Why should this be less dangerous than having a phone with Bitcoin keys stored?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: