Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:29:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you say to people who advice you to sell all your bitcoin?  (Read 6294 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:47:12 PM

I used to reply telling people to buy themselves some Bitcoin, use it and see... Now I don't even bother, I just reply "No".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:23:31 PM

Meh -- I just laugh at them and maybe use it to buy another gift card if I even feel the need to "get rid of" my Bitcoin at all.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 07:41:53 PM

"Bitcoins aren't illegal" which is what I tell those defaming it and to others who recommend to sell all my coins, I thank them for their advise but at the end follow my own instinct. I always keep the "Sell" amount in mind when I trade bitcoins and if it drops below that amount, I choose to sell my bitcoins or not but I never follow what others tell me to do unless they are reputed members whom I can trust with regards to the market.

Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:49:49 PM

My policy is to keep my own counsel.  There's so much garbage advice being offered that its impossible to know what to believe.   And everyone has an opinion,  even if it's wrong.

THIS!
100% true. "everyone has an opinion, even if it's wrong."
It is my money and i am responsible for my actions. If i lose it all. Fine, but at least it was my own decision. Maybe i will learn from it, maybe not, but it is my fault.
Imagine a friend/family member gives you advice and you listen blindly to it and lose a lot of money. This will be awkward the next time you see this person.
There are so many people out with no idea what they talk about or even worse (they know but lie to you to gain some profit).
Most people learn the hard way, but you need to decide on your own. Even parents can be bad counsel.
If someone has to offer advice you can listen, but then check for yourself and then decide. 

Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:09:16 PM

no i am not ready to sell my bitcoin in any cost because i do advise to my friends to buy bitcoin because bitcoin is in his lowest price currently and it is going to increase very soon and no one will find such an opportunity any more, so how can i think to sell my bitcoin, i am going to hold it for next 2 to 3 year, hope my bitcoin will give a very good profit in near future.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:21:29 PM

You know what I will tell them? STFU!! I am making money from Bitcoin since the very beginning of 2013, and on top of that it allows me to store money outside the reach of governments and banks. No way am I going to sell all my coins.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:13:21 PM

as a general rule , whenever you see a lot of chatter on the social media that is saying sell all your bitcoin, bitcoin is dead, dump is incoming, or the funny thing is when I see Kuwukduck on speculation board screaming bitcoin back to $200
these are all indications that show you that there is a good opportunity in the near future for you to buy bitcoin because idiots are going to sell and you can be there to take their coins out of their hands for cheap and then sell it back to them in a couple of days with a higher price Wink

Only Bitcoin
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:18:09 PM

I continue to hold till I experience the targeted price. Fortunately with greediness missed the chance when price went over $750.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:23:01 PM

i never take advice from random people on the internet so, i don't even listen to them in the first place.

even if i read any of their topic that would only be because i am looking for a good laugh.

Buying the dip...
propofol99

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:23:36 PM

maybe all those people are just not visionary enough to see the potential of the bitcoin project.
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:47:30 PM

I would tell them that without Bitcoin I would not have access to many of the services I use, whether that is trading or gambling, both of these things are made so much easier by using bitcoins. I do not worry if the price of Bitcoin changes, if I can make money trading then I will do it with bitcoin.
StoreBit

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:46:14 PM

i am holding my bitcoin for long term investment and not going to sell it in present time, those people who have invested their money for short term investment i think they are worrying about the the decrease of bitcoin, but i think it will be a temporary downfall, and hope that the price of bitcoin will increase so much.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:50:19 PM

I've seen many people around bitcoiner who keep say/advice them to sell their bitcoin because various reason such as "sell before the price fall", "turn it into real money", "don't be fooled with that scam", "it's illegal to have/use bitcoin" or other reasons.
So, what would you say to people who advice you to sell all your bitcoin?

i would only click the ignore button on their comment or if it is on a social media like reddit i will just click the down vote and continue with my life as before.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pro User

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:56:32 PM

I'll just forgot what they told me after their advice to sell my Bitcoin. Because, its my wish whether to sell or hold my BItcoin.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:02:57 PM

I've seen many people around bitcoiner who keep say/advice them to sell their bitcoin because various reason such as "sell before the price fall", "turn it into real money", "don't be fooled with that scam", "it's illegal to have/use bitcoin" or other reasons.

If the advice is for free then i say 'Thank You'. I dont buy any advice's otherwise.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:09:33 PM

He clearly has no good intentions if he is giving you the advice of selling all of your bitcoins. Many of us here keep the bitcoins for a longer term hoping the price will increase so its not advisable to listen to such advice no matter from which person is, even if its from the closest person to you , you should not listen to your advice. If you sell all of your coins, then all of your hard work in collecting them is gone and in the future you don't have anything which can use as a motivator like bitcoin. I use it a lot as a motivator when I am sad I keep telling to myself I am one of the few selected people who is holding some precious thing like bitcoin. You will be left out in misery if you sell your coins.
takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:09:09 PM

I used to reply telling people to buy themselves some Bitcoin, use it and see... Now I don't even bother, I just reply "No".
of course it is better not to sell all your bitcoins right now because in my opinion right now bitcoins can make you money so you should buy even more

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:39:51 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2016, 01:39:39 AM by Snorek

I am confident that my (limited, but still better than most, not familiar with BTC people) knowledge about bitcoin is sufficient to fend off totally idiotic arguments like 'bitcoin is a scam' or ' bitcoin is illegal'.

The only solid argument is: why don't you sell your BTC now/tomorrow/after next price spike.
And I always tell them one simple truth - that if I am not in a dire situation when I desperately need every cent, then it is simple stupid to sell your bitcoin stash now.
Who knows, Bitcoin might be worth $xxxx or maybe even more before 2020 year. Selling it now will close my door to that future.

isvicre

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:43:27 PM

Want to buy them all for +10% market value?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:50:44 PM

I believe in Bitcoin. But I reassure myself by selling 50% of all my incoming Bitcoins. I keep 50%. So my stake is increasing slowly, but I still have same backup in fiat.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: