Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on musicians making bitcoin?  (Read 876 times)
nemo (OP)

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:17:25 AM

I've been a fan of my friend's music for years. Now that I'm excited about this bitcoin thing I naturally suggested that he make a donations link accepting bitcoins. His music is free, but it's been a month and he hasn't gotten anything. I posted it up on reddit and the bitcoin wiki. We're both entertaining the idea that maybe he's just a talentless hack.

In case he isn't, what would you recommended he try and do?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
horrorshow

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:27:24 AM

I've had this in my signature for a good bit now. I've gotten tipped once to the tune of .01BTC, or about 30 cents. To the good fellow that tipped me, thanks Smiley

For your friend, hope is not lost, there's just no culture of tipping musicians on the internet I suppose
Joseph

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 06:25:36 PM

Someone posted his CD on Bitcoin Classifieds, I've heard he already sold at least one copy!

http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/170/
NielDLR

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:03:56 PM

Someone posted his CD on Bitcoin Classifieds, I've heard he already sold at least one copy!

http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/170/

Heh, I'm the one that bought that. I'm a keen musician myself and when someone makes good tunes (interesting ones at that too) I'm happy to pay. And what easier way, than with Bitcoins!

The Cypherfunks - A decentralized band and cryptocurrency. The first cryptocollective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: