Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-23 ABC News - Cyprus Crisis Boosting Unique Currency, the Bitcoin  (Read 3236 times)
gimme_bottles

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:10:53 PM

Check this thread to understand what is happening to Cypriots money now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153959.160

This is all because merkel's and other EU bosses. They do it because they want to save EUR. But they do it the way exactly as Hitler did in 1933 by seizing private assets of Jews to raise Third Reich's economy.

so you think cyprus would be better off with leaving the euro and introduce a national currency?

leaving the euro would mean immediate bankruptcy for cyprus and probably a loss of most savings, because the banks just don't have as much money as their clients have on their accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haole

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:13:53 PM

There is a lot of talk of France leaving the Euro too.   

"The future isn't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra
gimme_bottles

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:16:53 PM

well, in case that happens i am glad i hold some bitcoins  Grin

no seriously, with all respect, you can't compare an exit of cyprus with the exit of france
zeroday (OP)
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:19:03 PM

Check this thread to understand what is happening to Cypriots money now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153959.160

This is all because merkel's and other EU bosses. They do it because they want to save EUR. But they do it the way exactly as Hitler did in 1933 by seizing private assets of Jews to raise Third Reich's economy.

so you think cyprus would be better off with leaving the euro and introduce a national currency?

leaving the euro would mean immediate bankruptcy for cyprus and probably a loss of most savings, because the banks just don't have as much money as their clients have on their accounts.

I'm, among thousands of others, already lost all my savings. Before joining eurozone Cyprus was small wealthy country because of enormous investments from around the world. But EU did all possible to collapse it and steal all the money.
Haole

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:22:21 PM

well, in case that happens i am glad i hold some bitcoins  Grin

no seriously, with all respect, you can't compare an exit of cyprus with the exit of france

Of course it's not a good comparison and I wasn't trying to draw one.  The moral of the story is that the Eurozone and it's failed communist currency project is on the verge of collapsing with Italy and Spain both toying with the idea of stealing private bank deposits.

zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:24:04 PM

EUR is just world's greatest hoax, created with intention to enslave and exploit smaller countries.
At this moment they are just dividing our money in Brussels.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21916102
gimme_bottles

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:30:40 PM

I'm, among thousands of others, already lost all my savings. Before joining eurozone Cyprus was small wealthy country because of enormous investments from around the world. But EU did all possible to collapse it and steal all the money.

seriously, you are just needing one to blame. if that is your point of view, why don't you blame your government for joining the EU?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:34:21 PM

you can't expect other states to pay for your banks and debts and just wait for the next crash.

The banks are not "his", nor their debt, nor the fucking "public debt" he never underwritten and most probably never received anything from apart taxes.

Haole

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:39:28 PM

seriously, you are just needing one to blame. if that is your point of view, why don't you blame your government for joining the EU?

What got you so interested in Bitcoin Mr. Barroso?

zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:44:04 PM

Do you think that seizure of private savings, to cover bankers odebts is OK? Is this the price to be paid for pleasure of holding Euro ?

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 06:02:12 PM

merkel along with all world leaders are just puppets of the few the croocked the Elitests and will never be for the people  Angry

Ah, so you know...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-true-story-of-the-bilderberg-group-and-what-they-may-be-planning-now/13808

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:08:30 PM

They called themselves the Bilderberg Group with a membership representing a who’s who of world power elites, mostly from America, Canada, and Western Europe with familiar names like David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, Bill Clinton, Gordon Brown, Angela Merkel, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Larry Summers, Tim Geithner, Lloyd Blankfein, George Soros, Donald Rumsfeld, Rupert Murdoch, other heads of state, influential senators, congressmen and parliamentarians
It seems that The Third Reich was not the worst nightmare on our planet.
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:18:04 PM

As I'm losing almost all of my fiat assets, I still have some bitcoins which i fortunately bought a year ago, and now I can only wish EU to collapse, which without doubts add value to my BTC savings. I know it's egoistic, but I don't care about EU absolutely the same way as they don't care about people.
I'm moving my business completely offshore, will keep my assets in precious metals and bitcoins. My workers will be paid by BTC and greedy EU assholes wont get a penny of their taxes.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:23:38 PM

As I'm losing almost all of my fiat assets, I still have some bitcoins which i fortunately bought a year ago, and now I can only wish EU to collapse, which without doubts add value to my BTC savings. I know it's egoistic, but I don't care about EU absolutely the same way as they don't care about people.
I'm moving my business completely offshore, will keep my assets in precious metals and bitcoins. My workers will be paid by BTC and greedy EU assholes wont get a penny of their taxes.

Bravo!
Soon the rest of the euro-peasants will follow.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:41:08 PM

from the link you posted (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cyprus-crisis-explained-idiot/story?id=18782212)
Cyprus asked for a bailout. But the Europeans were not exactly excited about bailing out another country, plus a bunch of billionaire Russian oligarchs and criminals. So, they told the Cypriots they had better come up with money on their own. The only place Cyprus could find large amounts of cash were in people's personal savings accounts.

The EU could just ignore Cyprus problems. They agreed to help under conditions that Cyprus comes up with a share of the needed money themselves.

Banks in Cyprus payed 5% interest. Interest like that comes at a risk. You should have been aware of this. It was the same with Greece btw. I hope you are aware that there is a risk with Bitcoin, too.

How come you loose all your money? It should be 20% max.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:14:02 PM

Banks in Cyprus payed 5% interest. Interest like that comes at a risk. You should have been aware of this.

The government of Cyprus guaranteed the deposits.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

you can't expect other states to pay for your banks and debts and just wait for the next crash.

The banks are not "his", nor their debt, nor the fucking "public debt" he never underwritten and most probably never received anything from apart taxes.

This. Bank deposits should not be guaranteed by government. Making other people pay for your own risk taking is unfair.

Now they should liquidate each bank and divide what's left between account holders. Subsequently if there is anything left (??) they can pay some bond holders based on bond seniority. Finally (only theoretically because there are insufficient funds for this) divide what's left amoung shareholders. This is how bankruptcies should be handled.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:26:04 PM

Who is this magical man?  I'd like him to sit where Mr. Drones is sitting right now.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

This. Bank deposits should not be guaranteed by government. Making other people pay for your own risk taking is unfair.

Now they should liquidate each bank and divide what's left between account holders. Subsequently if there is anything left (??) they can pay some bond holders based on bond seniority. Finally (only theoretically because there are insufficient funds for this) divide what's left amoung shareholders. This is how bankruptcies should be handled.

thats exactly right.
Haole

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Banks in Cyprus payed 5% interest. Interest like that comes at a risk. You should have been aware of this.

The government of Cyprus guaranteed the deposits.

As of the latest news, they have guaranteed "insured" deposits (< 100K Euros) to prevent a pan-European bank run but those with over 100K are going to get absolutely raped.  Laiki is going to be shuttered and "insured" accounts moved to Bank of Cyprus which will be allowed to survive with "haircuts".

Why there are not bank runs throughout Europe right now I have no idea...   

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: