Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparing Wallets  (Read 435 times)
se150401317 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:18:34 PM

I was searching for bitcoin desktop wallet comparisons, but could not find any. There are a few articles on bitcoin wallets but all just describing the wallets and not actually comparing them.
Can the wallets be compared? Is one better than another?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defianttaxi

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:19:32 PM

I was searching for bitcoin desktop wallet comparisons, but could not find any. There are a few articles on bitcoin wallets but all just describing the wallets and not actually comparing them.
Wallets could be compared,  but they're almost the same.  I would recommend electrum myself,  as it's very simple and secure.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:36:52 PM

You don't have much options when it comes to Desktop. If you want to run a full node go with Bitcoin Core wallet. If you want a fast lightweight wallet then Electrum (ability to recover from seed and also hardware wallets support).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
se150401317 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:46:44 PM

You don't have much options when it comes to Desktop. If you want to run a full node go with Bitcoin Core wallet. If you want a fast lightweight wallet then Electrum (ability to recover from seed and also hardware wallets support).

I tried installing Electrum, but it did not work. Gave me Fatal Error, could not load python...
So now I installed, Armory, is it okay too?
Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:51:07 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 06:13:13 PM by Cart

Hey guys, do you actually know a good wallet which support the Segwit2x fork for sure?
I am a bit scared of leaving it on Bittrex and Poloniex without the replay protection.
I have researched quite a lot but didn't find anything yet.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:53:57 PM

Would like to see some articles comparing them too. Some time about years ago, I compare their transaction fees

Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:58:11 PM

It's pretty hard to compare Bitcoin wallets, because you're trying to compare two things that often are not for the exact same purpose.  

You have your SPV wallets/lightweight wallets like Electrum or Armory, which are good for casual users and people who understand the importance of keeping their private keys safe but would like to do so in the simplest possible way.  You have your full node wallets like Bitcoin Core (the reference client), which is for people who want to run an entirely trustless wallet and ensure that they do not rely on other people to uphold the consensus rules.  You have your hardware wallets like TREZOR and Ledger which attempt to create the most secure possible environment for a lay man while avoiding inputting sensitive information into a potentially vulnerable PC.  You have your online wallets for people who are very new or people who need fiat-based features like exchanges or "Bitcoin debit cards".

They all have very different features.  You can attempt to compare the features that they both share and how they manage to handle those elements of
their wallet, but overall it's pretty hard.
So now I installed, Armory, is it okay too?
Yes.  If you need help with Electrum, post some details of the problem over in Technical Support or look for previous threads regarding the problem.
XXX_BTC1@

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:08:31 AM

if you want best wallet then go and search electreum wallet it has great security so you have to use this wallet for your bit coin. if suppose you had shared your private key with your friends or who already using bit coin like that people your bit coin has no problem. so you try to use it and next hardware wallet like trezor it is also on of the most secure wallet for using. so once check about this wallet and try. it can also keep secure your bit coins.in the market we have more wallets but in that you have to choose one of the best and secure wallet that is electreum and trezor wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: