Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2018, 09:20:07 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a religion?  (Read 6318 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:34:57 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

The term "religious" as used in IRC 501(c)(3) is not subject to precise definition. The leading interpretation of the term was made by the Supreme Court in United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), in which the Court interpreted the phrase "religious training and belief" as used in the Universal Military Training and Service Act, 50 U.S.C. section 456 (j), in determining an individual’s eligibility for exemption from military service on religious grounds. The Court formulated the following definition: "A sincere and meaningful belief which occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God of those admittedly qualifying for the exemption comes within the statutory definition."

The Court elaborated upon the Seeger definition in Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 33 (1970), stating that "f an individual deeply and sincerely holds beliefs that are purely ethical or moral in source and content but that nevertheless impose upon him a duty of conscience to refrain from participating in any war at any time, those beliefs certainly occupy in the life of that individual a place parallel to that filled by... God in the lives of traditionally religious persons." Thus, religious beliefs include many beliefs (for example, Taoism, Buddhism, and Secular Humanism) that do not posit the existence of a Supreme Being in the conventional sense.

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part7/irm_07-025-003.html
MORE CRYPTO, LESS NOISE
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ekaros

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:36:57 PM

Probably not legally... On other hand it seems to be kinda big for some people here...

So, I wouldn't think it would pass in any court anywhere.

Even if I feel that some people believe in it bit too much...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
bb113

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:39:52 PM

Probably not legally... On other hand it seems to be kinda big for some people here...

This is kind of what I was getting at. As far as I can tell there is a not insignificant number of people use bitcoin for purely ethical and moral reasons.

edit: edited quote because ekaros edited making it confusing, content pretty much the same
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:50:18 PM

The issue with law, it can be interpreted any which ways you want it to be.  If the Supreme Court, as a joke, wanted to make Bitcoin into a religion, they could interpret it as such and legally recognize it as one.

Of course, this may be absurd, but considering the love and worship of the dollar...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 11:52:50 PM

Let's be honest, it does have all the makings of a religion, let me just go through the list:

. Mysterious creator that has suddenly vanished off the face of the Earth or doesn't exist  - Check

. Celebrities are endorsing it to give it more legitimacy - Check

. Multiple sects splitting off from the main beliefs because they disagree with them or want to form their own cult instead - Check

. Lots and lots of conspiracy theories surrounding it - Check

. Persecution from government organisations that fear it - Check

. Crazy evangelical fringe believers who run around and try to harass people into following it - Check

. Extremely negative mass media attention - Check

Yep, I'd say we're a religion now Cheesy
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 12:10:20 AM

Let's be honest, it does have all the makings of a religion, let me just go through the list:

. Mysterious creator that has suddenly vanished off the face of the Earth or doesn't exist  - Check

. Multiple sects splitting off from the main beliefs because they disagree with them or want to form their own cult instead - Check

. Crazy evangelical fringe believers who run around and try to harass people into following it - Check

At first I was like:

But then I

and now I'm like:

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:40:34 AM

"Ayn Rand, with trappings"

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:07:31 AM

The thinking isn't far off...  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=xnnOtdOcOFk

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151820.0
"Bitcoin Millionaire" Max Keiser passionately heralds a 'second coming' in the form of "Cyber Christ", Bitcoin and its anonymous founder Satoshi Nakamoto.

I did laugh my ass off with joy, and actually agree with the sentiment.

Bitcoin has come to free us all with competition against the unchallenged, monopolistic Federal Reserve System.

Cyber Christ has returned, just like all those religions said he would Cheesy

Funny you say that (and now that I've checked the youtube video).

Did you know that there existed a Pope that apparently had the gift of prophecy, back in the 12th Century. He predicted numerous popes through the centuries with often amazing accuracy (though not always correct). However, of note, he predicted the previous 6 Popes spot on, and then after these 6;

"The list ends with a pope identified as "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will allegedly bring the destruction of the city of Rome and usher in the beginning of the Apocalypse."

Who is the now the next pope, and I believe it was 2 days after that youtube video was made that it was official.

The Prophecy of Malachi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

Seriously, it exists, check it out.

I know the Vatican got taken over by the global banking empire during Napoleon's time, and I do think the Vatican has had a hand in altering 'stuff' and screwing around with stuff (I mean, religion, c'mon). So I expect the truth is actually the opposite of 'anti-christ', pfft, more like it was something like a positive great thing, but vatican and such changed it in the public view 'just in case' there was any truth to it and some dodgy geezer with strange powers appeared Cheesy

I'm pretty much an atheist btw, but you gotta admit this shit is weird Cheesy
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:27:30 PM

This.

Extremely well put sir.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:17:27 AM

Religion is different for everybody. People can go to the same church, read out of the same holy book, and never have the same understanding of their religion.

Because of this, some people have a religion in Bitcoin, and in others Bitcoin is only a part of their religion of life. Those who don't know about Bitcoin certainly don't have a religion in it.

Cool
chris_nor

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:24:47 AM

It's not, unless you're a Bitcoinmaximus. And even then, probably not.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
bra4our

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:22:40 PM

No its not but Satoshi can be a religious figure if people want to worship whoever he is.
gabmen

Activity: 840
Merit: 523

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:31:57 PM

No its not but Satoshi can be a religious figure if people want to worship whoever he is.

Well no one considers facebook, or twitter or tge dollar as a form of religion. It doesn't mean that if a lot of people is fond or is using it it can pass as something that's being worshipped. People use these things to better their lives much like their use of bitcoin

Lancusters

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:10:04 PM

Bitcoin is the only religion which unites people. They are the representatives of all religions and atheists. We argue among themselves there is a God or not, but bitcoin is all we recognize. Maybe our God is a bitcoin?

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
JGoRed

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:18:04 PM

I'll answer a question with a question: Is USD or EURO a religion? Bitcoin is no religion, it is a decentralized currency. Although there seems to be a lot of people who treat it as a religion.
bangjoe

Activity: 434

Kryptobits

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:10:25 AM

Currency = religion?
there is something wrong with thoughts in your head, this is indeed true, dude !!!
most global human opted for atheists and just assume currency is the best source of happiness in this world, the mindset of hedonic've messed up all physical elements in their bodies.

▄██▄              ▄██▄
  ██████▄          ▄██████
 ████▀████▄      ▄████▀████
███▀   ▀████▄  ▄████▀   ▀███
███      ▀████████▀      ███
███     ▄████▀▀████▄     ███
████▄ ▄████▀    ▀████▄ ▄████
 ████████▀        ▀████████
  ██████            ██████
 ████████▄        ▄████████
████▀ ▀████▄    ▄████▀ ▀████
███     ▀████▄▄████▀     ███
███      ▄████████▄      ███
███▄   ▄████▀  ▀████▄   ▄███
 ████▄████▀      ▀████▄████
  ██████▀          ▀██████
   ▀██▀              ▀██▀
████  ██     ▄██
████        ████
██▀    ▄██  ████
      ███    ███
 ▄██  ██      ██
████  ████  ████
███    ███  ████
██      ██  ██▀
████  ████
████  ██▀    ▄██
████        ████
██▀     ██  ████
Telegram   Reddit   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Youtube   LinkedIn
[     ONE PAGER     ]     [     JOIN WHITELIST     ]
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1036

It could be worse...

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:44:16 AM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

The term "religious" as used in IRC 501(c)(3) is not subject to precise definition. The leading interpretation of the term was made by the Supreme Court in United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), in which the Court interpreted the phrase "religious training and belief" as used in the Universal Military Training and Service Act, 50 U.S.C. section 456 (j), in determining an individual’s eligibility for exemption from military service on religious grounds. The Court formulated the following definition: "A sincere and meaningful belief which occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God of those admittedly qualifying for the exemption comes within the statutory definition."

The Court elaborated upon the Seeger definition in Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 33 (1970), stating that "f an individual deeply and sincerely holds beliefs that are purely ethical or moral in source and content but that nevertheless impose upon him a duty of conscience to refrain from participating in any war at any time, those beliefs certainly occupy in the life of that individual a place parallel to that filled by... God in the lives of traditionally religious persons." Thus, religious beliefs include many beliefs (for example, Taoism, Buddhism, and Secular Humanism) that do not posit the existence of a Supreme Being in the conventional sense.

No. Doesn't have a supernatural element (you can jokingly place Satoshi here), or a sacred/profane division. Lacks many other characteristics of a religion is well.

It could be defined as a social movement, however.
malcovixeffect

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:51:33 AM

Satoshism

In
░░███░░█████████████████████▀██████
███░░███████████████████████░░░░░███
███░░░████████████████████████░░░░░███
███░░░█████████████████████████░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░▀███████▄░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀░░░███
███░░░████████████████████████▀░░░░███
███░░░███████████████████████▀░░░░░███
███░░░█████████████████████▀░░░░░░░███
███░░░███████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░███████▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░███
███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░███
███░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░███
░░███░░█████░░████████░░▀█████▀▄███
ating.top  ◥◤◢◣◥◤        The world of new opportunities              ◥◤◢◣◥◤
  ◢◣◥◤◢◣  WHITEPAPERANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM  ◢◣◥◤◢◣
JOIN PRE-ICO
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:16:29 AM

Bitcoin, itself, is not a religion. At this stage of the Bitcoin game, there are some who act like it is a religion for them.

Cool
Nathanz

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:24:40 PM

No. Bitcoin it's not a religion. Its just an extraordinary cryptocurrency. Yeah ,because bitcoin is the most powerful among the others.
Goliaf

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:29:07 PM

I don't think that bitcoin is a religion. Because religion deceives people. Bitcoin is not lying. If he is what he is.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:51:40 PM

I would not agree that Bitcoin is a religion, because for something to be a religion you need something that you believe in to, like higher force or something. And Bitcoin is non of that. Bitcoin is made by humans, so it can't be more than human product. It is maintained by humans and used by they also. There is nothing supernatural about bitcoin that can be worshiped as God or something. That is my opinion at least.

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
Maximilian_333

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:57:56 PM

Bitcoin in my opinion is the currency of the future. To religion it has nothing unless of course you are not God. But if so, then you are a heathen and worshiped many gods. Currency in the world a lot.
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:52:54 AM

LOL. bitcoin is far my religion. Satoshi is not supernatural being. Although Satoshi remained to be a mystery, he doesn't qualify to be a or possess any supernatural character. We may have followed what he has started and uses it today but it doesn't mean he is a so called "God".  Even our belief on the scaling issue is different and there is no universal consensus prove that bitcoin is not a religion. As I said before, we just have to enjoy what he has started which is bitcoin and use it to what purpose it has to served us.

prayogi

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:29:21 PM

Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and worldviews that connect people to the order / command of life. Many religions have narrations, symbols and sacred histories intended to explain the meaning of life and / or explain the origin Life or the universe. From their beliefs about the cosmos and human nature, people acquire the morality, ethics, religious law or preferred lifestyle. According to some estimates, there are about 4,200 religions in the world.

Kyraishi

Bountie- Do You Have Game?

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:43:06 PM

We actually have thousands of extremely strange religions, such as Flying Spaghetti Monster ( or something, lol ) or even more weird beliefs.

It is not possible for me to not agree with the part that some people believe in bitcoin domination too hard, we really have many people on this forum saying that bitcoin may destroy banks, and replace the fiat currency all over the world even in 3-4 years, which makes me laugh like a maniac, I cannot even understand how can you believe in such a nonsense?

For me, religion is something you shouldn't talk about, because every human being has right to believe in everything he wants, so I dont really care about it, I prefer to stay as a atheist.

Lancusters

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:46:29 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion. Every religion is built on deception and belief in non-existent. Bitcoin is quite real. Even if for someone money is a religion that is very bad. Any money is evil when you are a slave to them.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀

|
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
MissGrey

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:35:56 AM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

No. Doesn't have a supernatural element (you can jokingly place Satoshi here), or a sacred/profane division. Lacks many other characteristics of a religion is well.

Yeah, I agree with you, I also see it as a social movement and the life of many people practically revolves around Bitcoin.
omonuyak

Activity: 476
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:34:18 AM

Bitcoin is not a religion! It is a crypto currencies. Fiats money like dollar has been existing for long and there have never a time there are terms religion. Bitcoin is decentralized crypto currencies and is not issue by government or back up by government laws but by bitcoiners. We should not called thing names there are not.

arianee
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
Rembrandt

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:36:03 AM

Yes, and this religion has their god - mathematics Cheesy
lousie9

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:15:58 AM

in world of business and work, we can consider bitcoin as a religion, which is to put it on worldly desires and bodily needs. Many people who live in urban areas and considers hedonist is the only way to satisfy. If we want to take it seriously, then you are one of the Saxon hedonism, it is good to develop a great interest in this business.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:19:07 AM

so dollars and other currency can be a religion too? well for me its not we are just here because we really seen good potentials coming out from this system and with the way we gain profits its became popular for most investors.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672

Democratizing Global Trade - ICO NOW LIVE

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:55:03 PM

It is the same as with the money, because I would not hesitate to call bitcoin as a money. It is just in a different fashion.
The thing is that money can also be a religion, and in many "consumer" communities, it indeed is.
Everything is around the cash, because cash runs the world. People do everything to get it, they doesnt care if they have to do bad things for that.

Not many people will have any remorse to take dirty pile of cash, it is obvious that they dont care if it will give them a good, wealthy life am I right?

Yes, in my opinion bitcoin might be a religion for someone.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄███████████████▄
     ▄█████████████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████
▐██████   ▀████▀  ▐▌       █████▌
██████▌    ▀█▀    ███▌  █████████
██████  ▐▄    ▄  ▐███  ▐█████████
█████▌  ██▄ ▄█▌  ███▌  █████████▌
▐███████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬
White Paper
▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬
meliodas

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:42:04 PM

hahaha LOL yeah it seems like we are a religion if we are going to put it in your point of view,
But I think Bitcoin is not really a religion.

░░█████████░░
             ░███░           ░░░███░
          ░██░░                   ░░██░
        ░██░                 ░       ░██░
     ░██▓███████████████▓██  ░█████████░██
     ░█░   ░███░       ████  ░██████░░  ░▒█░
    ███       ░█░█░░   ░███  ░████    ░█████▒
   ░█░█          ░████░░░██  ░█░   ░███████░█░
  ░█░░█▓█░█████░████████▓██      ░█████████ ░█░
  ▒█ ░█              ░██▓██   ░██▒ ░███████  █░
  █░ ░█               ░█▓██  ░████   ░█████  ░█
  █  ░█                ░░██  ░█████░  ░████   █
  █░ ░█                █▓██  ░█████░░   ░██  ▒█
  ░█ ░█              ░██▓██  ░███░   ░░   ░  █░
  ░█░░█            ░███░▒██░░██░   ░████░   ░█
   ░█░█           ░█████▓███░   ░█████████░░█░
    ░██           ███░██▓█░   ░█████████████░
     ░█░       ░██▓   ██░  ░░████████████▓█░
     ░███░    ░██░    ██░░█████████████████
     ░█ ░██░ ░█░      ██░███████████████▓██
     ░█   ░▓██░       █  ████████████▒█████
     ░█      ░░███░░  █  █████░███░████████
     ░███████████████████████▓█████████████

░░█████████░░
             ░███░           ░░░███░
          ░██░░                   ░░██░
        ░██░                 ░       ░██░
     ░██▓███████████████▓██  ░█████████░██
     ░█░   ░███░       ████  ░██████░░  ░▒█░
    ███       ░█░█░░   ░███  ░████    ░█████▒
   ░█░█          ░████░░░██  ░█░   ░███████░█░
  ░█░░█▓█░█████░████████▓██      ░█████████ ░█░
  ▒█ ░█              ░██▓██   ░██▒ ░███████  █░
  █░ ░█               ░█▓██  ░████   ░█████  ░█
  █  ░█                ░░██  ░█████░  ░████   █
  █░ ░█                █▓██  ░█████░░   ░██  ▒█
  ░█ ░█              ░██▓██  ░███░   ░░   ░  █░
  ░█░░█            ░███░▒██░░██░   ░████░   ░█
   ░█░█           ░█████▓███░   ░█████████░░█░
    ░██           ███░██▓█░   ░█████████████░
     ░█░       ░██▓   ██░  ░░████████████▓█░
     ░███░    ░██░    ██░░█████████████████
     ░█ ░██░ ░█░      ██░███████████████▓██
     ░█   ░▓██░       █  ████████████▒█████
     ░█      ░░███░░  █  █████░███░████████
     ░███████████████████████▓█████████████
pinkpanther03

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:47:22 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion, as we all know it is connected into a technology where many business are getting in touch with it because of the system it has when it comes to usage and features of bitcoin. Which is very far to religion belief Wink

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███        
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██    
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
`FRELDO`
Token sales
[ WP ]
Lieldoryn

Merit: 257

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:53:04 PM

I don't think that money is a religion. The worship of money can end very badly. I think bitcoin is a symbol of change and hope for a better life. I hope bitcoin will free us from the power of our rulers.
crwth

Activity: 630
Merit: 290

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:35:59 AM

When I saw this, I got to thinking, is MONEY a religion? I don't think so. Why should you worship something that is just paper with an agreed upon value? I think that's what destroys us as a person, not being able to fully be capable of what to do in our own ways. We get greedy so much that we forget that we shouldn't be like that.

BITVEST DICE
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Apened

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 01:03:27 AM

When I saw this, I got to thinking, is MONEY a religion? I don't think so. Why should you worship something that is just paper with an agreed upon value? I think that's what destroys us as a person, not being able to fully be capable of what to do in our own ways. We get greedy so much that we forget that we shouldn't be like that.
Yes , money is not a religion thats why " money is the root of all evil" , Bitcoins is only created with a digital currency system so how eventually it becomes religion .But to be as one alternative currency in the world can unite us. Bitcoins can never be a religion its just a state of mind.

████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▄████████████████▄███████████
███████▄███▀████████████████▀██▄ ███████
█████▄██▀██████████████████████▀██▄█████
██████████▄█████████████████████████████
████████████▄███████████████████████████
██████████▀███▄██████████▄███▀██████████
█████████████▀███▄████▄███▀██████▄██████
███████████████▀██████▀████████▄███████
███████▄██████████▀███▀███████v▄████████
█████████▄██████████████████▄▄██████████
██████████▀█████████████████▀███████████
  GLITZKOIN   
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
▐██████████████████████████████▌
▐█████████████████████▒░█████████▌
████████████████▒░      ██████████
▐███████████░░          ░██████████▌
████████░              ░████████████
█████████▓░░          ░█████████████
█████████████▓░       ██████████████
▐██████████████▒     ░█████████████▌
███████████████▒   ░██████████████
▐███████████████░ ░██████████████▌
▐██████████████████████████████▌
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄███████████▒░ ░ ░  ░████▄
▄███████████░         ░██████▄
▐██████████░      ░    ░███████▌
▐███████████░      ░█████████████▌
███████████░      ░███████████████
▐███████████░      ░███████████████▌
█████████░              ░███████████
█████████░              ░███████████
█████████▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████
▐███████████░      ░███████████████▌
███████████░      ░███████████████
▐█████████░      ░█████████████▌
▀██████░      ░██████████▀
▀████░      ░████████▀
▀▀░      ░████▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███░▒██████████████▒ ░██████████
▓███░   ░███████████     ░▒██████▓
█████░       ██████░         ▓██████
▄█████░       █████░         █▒▓█████▄
██████░       █ ░█░         ▓  ▓██████
██████░       █  ░█░      ▒█░  ▓██████
██████░       █   ░█▒    ▓▓    ▓██████
██████░       ████▒ ░█  ▓░     ▓██████
▀█████░       ████████▒█▓      ▓█████▀
███████▒░    ███████████▓░    ▓█████
█████████▓░ ███████████████░ ▓████
████████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Okurkabinladin

Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:10:33 AM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

In short, no. Its a question only confused atheist would ask.

Bitcoin is a technological innovation. As such it generates interest as vehicle for quick profit (such is the case of majority of members here), followed by EGO of earlier adopters. Those along with minority of technocrats present sometimes "fetishizes" this technology to the point of obssesion. But that doesnt make it religion. Fashion? Perhaps.

Same thing happened back in the day during dot.com boom, before that to personal computer boom, to firearms boom. Etc. etc.

All of these people above will one day move to the next big thing or just will get old  Wink

Now, organized religion is something entirely different as it is not based around material possesions or avalaible technical equipment. Religion dictates upon indvidual strict belief system, that molds him into part of a community, something greater, that endures time and conflicts.

Bitcoin for the time being can complement religion XY as useful tool and vice versa. But those two are and will be separate things as they appeal to different parts of human psyche.
SingAlong

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:25:42 AM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

Though it is not required having a supreme being known as God in the definition of "religious" and the example given to those still has its traditions like not eating something like that and to those who believe they worship a God. Believing and worshipping are words with different meaning. It does not mean that a lot of people believe in something let's say Bitcoin is still not considered as religion. These Bitcoin users are just hoping and looking forward of the nice future of Bitcoin ahead which they will benefit greatly from it.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
Razzoel

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:43:00 AM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

Maybe to some people, but for most of us BTC is a very good currency and investment!
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

By definition, religion is an organized faith, an institution.
Faith means to believe in something supernatural, invisible, omnipotent and omnipresent.
By this standard, bitcoin is not faith or religion.
Yes, most of us trust bitcoin, have faith in bitcoin, but bitcoin is not new cult or sect Smiley
BTC STRATEGIST

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:01:20 PM

A religion may be defined with its three great characteristics:
Believes and religious practices
The religious feeling i.e. faith
Unity in a community of those who share the same faith: the Church. It is what differentiates religion from magic.
 so yes you can consider at least according to me bitcoin as a religion. Grin
Barrymore

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:10:22 PM

By definition, religion is an organized faith, an institution.
Faith means to believe in something supernatural, invisible, omnipotent and omnipresent.
By this standard, bitcoin is not faith or religion.
Yes, most of us trust bitcoin, have faith in bitcoin, but bitcoin is not new cult or sect Smiley
To be honest the range of fans bitcoin is very similar to a cult. There are so many people who don't know where it came from but blindly believe that bitcoin will replace all currencies of the world. Agree it is very similar to the belief in the supernatural.
joromz1226

Activity: 448
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:29:54 AM

Bitcoin is not a religion, nor related into religion no its not! Religion is very far in bitcoin. But the founder or creator of bitcoin can be a religious person or what, still unknown. Just all I know about this virtual currency it can be the world currency someday.

▄▄▄
                   █████
                   ███
                  █   █
                  █  █  █
                 █  ███  █
▄██▄            █  █████  █            ▄██▄
▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀
   █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █  ████████▀  ▄▄███▄▄  ▀████████  █
     █  ██████  ▄██▀ ▀ ▀██▄  ██████  █
      █  ████  ████ ▄▄▄▄▀▀██  ████  █
       █  ██▌ █████ ▀▀▀▀▄▄███ ▐██  █
        █  █▌ █████ ▄▄▄▄▀▀███ ▐██  █
       █  ███  ████ ▀▀▀▀▄▄██  ████  █
      █  █████  ▀██▄ ▄ ▄██▀  ██████  █
     █  ███████▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄████████  █
    █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
▀██▀            █  █████  █            ▀██▀
                 █  ███  █
                  █  █  █
                   █   █
                    ███
                   █████
                    ▀▀▀

Fight Scams and Get Rewards!
                   Decentralized Police on Blockchain
                ▄███████▄
             ▄█████████████▄
          ▄███████████████████▄
     ▄▄██████████▀    ▀██████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████    ████████████████▄▄
███████████████████▄▄████████████████████
███████████████▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▓███████████████
   ████▒                        ░████
        ▓███████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████
     ████ ▓███████████████████ ████
  ███████                      ███████
 █████ ▓█▓███████████████████████ ▓████
 ████    █████████▀  ▀█████████    ████
  ██████ █████████    ▓████████ ██████
    █████ ▀█████▀      ▀▓████▀ █████
     ░████                    ▓███▓
      ▓████                  ▓████
       ▓████    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████
        ▒████              █████
          ████▄          ▄████
           ▓████▄▄    ▄▄█████
             ▀▀███████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀▀

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 07:44:09 AM

I agree that bitcoin isn't religion but Satoshi can be religious. However, decentralized is a symbol of decentralized thought of the creator

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
zend7

Activity: 658

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:47:43 AM

To me bitcoin is a second religion. I am active daily reading news for bitcoin and learning new things every day about it, just like Christians and Muslims are in their daily prayers.
If bitcoin isn't treated like a religion you won't go far with it, better to start thinking about it as a life savior after a few years when the price surely will skyrocket.
anasis

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:52:10 AM

I agree that bitcoin isn't religion but Satoshi can be religious. However, decentralized is a symbol of decentralized thought of the creator
What can be common between Bitcoin and religion. These are two different things that are surrounded by completely different concepts, because Bitcoin is a high technology, a science that at some points rejects the Faith and the existence of God.
Alfa123

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 10:46:50 AM

What can be common between Bitcoin and religion. These are two different things that are surrounded by completely different concepts, because Bitcoin is a high technology, a science that at some points rejects the Faith and the existence of God.

I agree. Bitcoin is not a religion and these two things simply can not be compared because of their too different concepts.
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 10:53:17 AM

Greed nowadays is the prevailing feeling in the world together with envy. People are envious of each other all the time. Rich people like our bosses know only 1 God and that is money for them. For some people bitcoin is money and bitcoin is God for them. I don't think bitcoin is a religion but for some people it may just be.
Prohodimec

Activity: 686

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:43:12 AM

Greed nowadays is the prevailing feeling in the world together with envy. People are envious of each other all the time. Rich people like our bosses know only 1 God and that is money for them. For some people bitcoin is money and bitcoin is God for them. I don't think bitcoin is a religion but for some people it may just be.

It can only be for very greedy people who do not have other values other than money.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄
▄████▀▀             ▀████▄
▄███▀               ██▄  ▀███▄
███▀                  ▀██▄  ▀███
███                  █▄  ▀██  ▀███
███                    ▀█   ██  ▀███
███                   █▄ ▀█▄  ██  ███▄
███              ▄██▄  ▀█  ▀█ ██   ███
███                                   
███              ▀██▀  ▄█  █▀ ██   ███
███                   ▄█  █▀  █▀   ███
 ▀██                     ▄█▀  ▄█    ███
  ███▄                   █▀  ▄█▀    ███
███▄                   ▄█▀     ▄███
███▄                 █▀     ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄                  ▀▀
▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

░   

░   

░ 

░   

░   

░ 

██████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀   ███
██████████████▀▀  ▄█▀ ▄███
██████████▀▀    ▄█▀   ████
██████▀▀      ▄█▀    ▄████
██▀▀        ▄█▀      █████
████▄▄    ▄█▀       ▄█████
████████▄█▀         ██████
██████████   ▄     ▄██████
██████████ ▄████▄▄ ███████

███████████████▀▀▀▀███████
████ ▀███████▀      ▀▀▀███
████    ▀▀██▀        ▄████
████▄               ██████
█████▄             ███████
██████▄           ████████
███▀██▀▀        ▄█████████
████▄▄       ▄▄███████████

████████████▀     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████
  ●  Whitepaper
●  Website
●  Medium

GideonGono

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:28:21 AM

I think it is not religion. Religion is a community that have Lord who give they time for that. People who have religion follow who give their advice. Bitcoin, i think it is like a work or maybe you are child again that you didnt know everything so you need to study first. when you learn somehow from bitcoin you actually get work like life.

▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ███            ▀▀█████▄
      ██                   ▀█████▄
    ██                       ▀█████
   █          ██  ██           █████
  █           ██  ██            █████
 █        ▄▄███████████          █████
 █        █████████████           ████▌
█         █████                   █████
█         █████                   █▀ ▀█
█         ████████████              ▄ 
█         ████████████            ▄███▄
█         █████                   █████
 █        █████                   ████▌
 █        █████████████          █████
  █       ▀▀███████████         █████
   █▄         ██  ██          ▄████▀
    ▀█        ██  ██        ▄████▀
      ▀█▄                 ▄████▀
         ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀
██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██
██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██
▄███▄
███████████████████████
██                   ██
██ ░███████████████░ ██
██                   ██
▀███ ░███████████████░ ███▀
▄  ▀█                   █▀  ▄
██▄    ███████████████    ▄██
████▄                   ▄████
██████▄               ▄██████
████████             ████████
██████▀  ▄██▄   ▄██▄  ▀██████
████▀  ▄██████▄██████▄  ▀████
██▀  ▄█████████████████▄  ▀██

WHITEPAPER
.▒██████████████████████▒
▒████████████████████████▒
▒██▄     ███████     ▄███▒
▒████     █████     █████▒
▒████ ▌    ███▌     █████▒
▒████ █     █▌ ▐    █████▒
▒████ ██      ▐█    █████▒
▒████ ███    ▐██    █████▒
▒███▀ ▀███   ███    █████▒
▒█▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀███▒
▒█████████████▀    ▀█████▒
▒██░▀████████▌      ▀████▒
▒██░   ▀████▀        ▀███▒
▒██                 █████▒
▒███                █████▒
▒█████              █████▒
▒██████           ▄██████▒
▒█████▀         ▄████████▒
▒███▄▄      ▄▄███████████▒
 ▒██████████████████████▒
▒████████████▀▀    ▓█████▒
▒███████▀▀     ▄▀  ▓█████▒
▒███▀▀       ▄▀    ██████▒
▒██░       ▄▀░░    ██████▒
▒████▄▄  ▄▀       ███████▒
▒████████▄░       ███████▒
▒█████████        ███████▒
▒██████████ ██▄▄ ████████▒
 ▒██████████████████████▒
Okurkabinladin

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:44:05 AM

Its not, the same political parties are not religions. Vehicle for profit? Yes. Medium of exchange? Yes. Fashionable? Maybe.

When those three intersect in some small-minded individuals - they can exhibit some cultist tendencies, but that still doesnt make for religion.

You see religion isnt merely faith. It is also organized value system, that puts human existence in the context of cosmic order. It gives belivers both rights and reponsibilities.

Bitcoin has none of that and never will.

msarro

Activity: 440

Right here..Right now...

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:12:47 PM

For me bitcoin is just an way of earning money which is possible today and may not be possible in future if it disappears and its not that big that it can become religion as religion is something more important to me then money.

kodes88

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:26:04 PM

this is kind of a joke? how can bitcoin become religion?whats the god is bitcin become religion?
bitcoin new era of technology,for payment,investement and research,this is should be a wonderfull ages for us,if bitcoin really used by all people and country,please don't talk unlogical things about bitcoin,it will give bad effect for bitcoin.
Idrisu

Activity: 616
Merit: 259

“Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockch

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:46:07 PM

I think bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and not set of spirit and because it a coins we should just limit it to money instead of spiritual it. Many experts that has analyze bitcoin find out that bitcoin is transparent and because of this any person with little knowledge of computer can easily make money from bitcoin without mystery.

Vika0170

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:29:51 PM

I think bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and not set of spirit and because it a coins we should just limit it to money instead of spiritual it. Many experts that has analyze bitcoin find out that bitcoin is transparent and because of this any person with little knowledge of computer can easily make money from bitcoin without mystery.

I, too, do not see any reason to compare bitcoins with religion. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, that is, some good that makes the material life of people better.

icol333

Merit: 107

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:22:08 AM

But how if someday the currency of btc is extremely drop?  Huh How could we suffer such pain as buying a pizza with 10,000 btc  Cry

But yet, IN BITCOIN WE TRUST!!  Grin

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 896
Merit: 512

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:48:14 AM

Bitcoin is not a religion but the most convenient and powerful form of payment ever created until now. Because of this many people see it as a religion in the sense that they follow it everyday just like it was a religion and are in touch with it every day just like religious people go to praying everyday.

Lancusters

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:21:34 AM

It seems to me that you are not quite right. Actually between bitcoin and religion have in common. Both people come up with. Only there is a significant difference. Bitcoin brings benefits to their owners, and from religion, only one hurt.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀

|
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Life is for holidays :)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:25:27 AM

I think the OP meant in a different way like we say Cricket is a religion in India.
I don't think Bitcoin has developed itself to that stage now but hopefully in the future it'll be a religion and people from every race will support it's unique features.

█████████████████             
          ███████████████████████         
        ███████████████████████████       
       █████████████████████████████       
      ████████████████████████████     
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
█████   █ █ █   █   █   █ █ ████ ██   ███
█████ ███ █ █ █ █ ████ ██ █ ███ █ ██ ████
█████   █ █ █   █   ██ ███ ████ █ ██ ████
███████ █ █ █  ██ ████ ███ ████   ██ ████
█████   █   █ █ █   ██ ███ ██ █ █ █   ███
█████████████████████████████████████████
         ██████████████████████         
            ████████████████           

SURETY.AI
 ███
  █
  █      ███     
  █    ▄█▀
  █    █
  █    █
  █    █
  █    █
  █    █
  █    █
  █    █

███
          █
 ███      █
   ▀█▄    █
     █    █
     █    █
     █    █
     █    █
     █    █
     █    █
     █    █

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄                 ▄████▄▄    ▄
▀██             ████████████▀
 ████▄         █████████████▀
 ▀████████▄▄   █████████████
█▄▄█████████████████████████
   ▀██████████████████████
    █████████████████████
     ▀█████████████████▀
       ▄█████████████▀
▄▄████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Daniel91
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:47:50 PM

First, we have to answer question what is religion?
In my opinion, it's instituted form of faith.
Faith means to believe in something invisible, spiritual, something to gives us purpose of life, our creator...
With bitcoin, I don't think that we have instituted form of faith or something invisible, spiritual, that we are receiving purpose of life here.
So, bitcoin is not a religion.
ImHash

Activity: 686

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:52:46 PM

Satoshi was the prophet, Gavin and Roger were the traitors Cheesy little Wu is the anti Satoshi and I am the wh*re of crypto instead of Babylon Cheesy
Read the white paper for salvation.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████
Eminem23

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:54:13 PM

Satoshi was the prophet, Gavin and Roger were the traitors Cheesy little Wu is the anti Satoshi and I am the wh*re of crypto instead of Babylon Cheesy

And everyone is waiting for the second coming of Satoshi.
With a great desire, any phenomena can be built into the cult. And come up with a religion and rules. But I do not think that we need it

BingoDog

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:37:05 PM

How can bitcoin be religion, does it have a Good or some beliefs, prophets, saints? It has nothing to do with any kind of religion but with economy and the best way is to stay so. With so many religions in the world we realy don't need another usless one, don't you think so?
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:42:29 PM

How can bitcoin be religion, does it have a Good or some beliefs, prophets, saints? It has nothing to do with any kind of religion but with economy and the best way is to stay so. With so many religions in the world we realy don't need another usless one, don't you think so?
does it have a Good or some beliefs, prophets, saints? ..YES

Loads of PROFITS and i am a SAINT Grin..

Always asking for a UNIVERSAL INCOME to help the poor and everyone on this planet ..
YES bit like JESUS ..

So you can call me saint popcorn1

UNIVERSAL INCOME for all thank you..
I wont ever forget NOT EVER.. A UNIVERSAL INCOME drum it in your BRAINS..
zhuiyi

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:57:40 AM

I think it is a religion, because I see a lot of people believe it, such as the forum people, we are in the Cong Cong believers.
hyunee

Activity: 322

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:46:03 PM

For me, it is not right to treat bitcoin as a religion. Yes, bitcoin helps you financially but does it helo you spirituality? Of course not. It is a legalized way in which your hard work really pays off.

SugoiSenpai

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:29:55 AM

A religion cannot be called a religion if it does not have God(s). We must not believe all words people say to us, sometimes they do not know the whole truth. From my studies Atheist religions such as Buddhism, Taoism, don't have any God(s) rather they believe in themselves, they philosophize. This is from my present learning from religions.

lovesybitz

Merit: 289

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:10:36 AM

Bitcoin can never be a kind of religion, this maybe depend on the belief of the bitcoin enthusiast here.
And obviously it is not a religion or better yet it can never become a religion in the future. Because bitcoin is a type of business where anybody can had a chance to fulfill their dreams in life.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄           
         ▄████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀████▄        
      ▄███▀                 ▀███▄     
     ███▀                     ▀███    
   ▄██▀                         ▀██▄  
   ██▀                           ▐██  
  ███     ▄█████▄     ▄████▄▄     ███ 
  ██▌   ▐██     ██▄ ▄█▀    ▀██    ▐██ 
  ██    ██       █████      ▐█▌   ▐██ 
  ██    ▐██▄    ██▀ ▀█▄    ▄██    ▐██ 
  ██      ▀█████▀     ▀████▀▀     ▐██ 
  ██                              ▐██ 
  ██             █▄▄▄█            ▐██ 
  ██    ▄▄         ▄         ▄▄   ▐██ 
  ██▄▄██████▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄██ 
  ▀██▀    ▀▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀██▀ 
                                     API
  C A S P E R 
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
  Telegram    Facebook    www.casperproject.io    Github    Twitter    ANN 
nappoleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:37:39 AM

No, but ETH is and their leader is Lord Vitalik.  Grin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
byusboy

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:06:45 AM

religion is not based on science. so bitcoin is not.
Mr. Legendaris

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:17:26 AM

It seems too much to make bitcoin as a religion, I think it is nothing more than money to pay and buy anything.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Cyberbits

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:50:57 PM

bitcoin is a currency not religion.
WallSinger

Activity: 98

Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

sure, I pray Bitcoin every day.......... WTF Huh??

WallSinger

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:25:54 PM

Ethereum, Litecoin, Stratis, Lisk, Ripple, Monero, Dash, Waves, Aragon, SingularDTV, Komodo and Iconomi are apostles :-D

WallSinger

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:28:31 PM

Ethereum, Litecoin, Stratis, Lisk, Ripple, Monero, Dash, Waves, Aragon, SingularDTV, Komodo and Iconomi are apostles :-D

I forget : Dollar is Devil, Fiat courrencies are demons !!!

WallSinger

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:31:53 PM

I forget : Dollar is Devil, Fiat courrencies are demons !!!

Mmmm...... All that is becoming realistic........  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cyberbits

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:54:02 PM

I argue that Cryptocurrencies function as distinct religious beliefs, which affect ego permeability by playing into our natural tendencies to perceive attributes of money and value as inherently magic and spiritual. The longer you have spent in the cryptocurrency community, the more you will be able to identify with these statements.
Cyberbits

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:55:47 PM

The Bitcoin network is simultaneously one of the most advanced motivation and incentive systems ever built, and one of the simplest ideas ever. Everyone remains an individual, but everyone contributes to the collective of an entirely independent monetary system. Nobody is in charge of Bitcoin, except cryptography and math. And mathematics, as Einstein famously said, is our insight into the mind of god.
atago

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:53:48 PM

It can be for some people, like everything can be.
Kotone

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:39:04 PM

As the topic stated i don't think that bitcoin is a religion currency it is independed currency that the price are depends on dollar ,maybe there are some religion that believe into bitcoin also a religon as distinct religious of it as users it is the best to remain solo mode you gonna use it as individual person.

████ ████ ████████████▄▄▄               
█  █ █  █ ██          ▀▀▀▀██▄▄         
████ ████ ██████████▄▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄       
██   ██           ▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄     
██   ██  █████████▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄   ▀█▄   
██   ██  ██      ▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄   █▌   
██   ██  ██            ▀▀█▄  ▀█▌   █▌ 
██   ██  ██   ██████▄▄    ██  ▐█    █ 
██   ██  ██   ██   ▀▀▀█▌   █▌  ▐▌   █▌
██   ██  ██   ██      ▐█   ▐█   █   ▐█
██   ██  ██   ██       █▌   █▌  █   ▐█▌
██   ██  ███████      ▐█   ▐█  ▐█   ▐█
██   ██              ▄█▌   █▌  █▌   █▌
██   ███████████████▀▀    ▄█  ██    █ 
██                      ▄█▀  ▄█    █▌ 
████████████████████████▀  ▄█▀    █▌   
▄▄▄▄                      ▄█▀    ▄█▀   
█  ██████████████████████▀▀    ▄█▀     
▀▀▀▀                        ▄▄█▀       
▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀           
█  ████████████████████▀▀               
▀▀▀▀                                   

JOIN OUR TOKEN SALE       

FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   GITHUB   ONE PAGER
therewolfslim

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:38:39 PM

I think nowadays there are many ways to turn idea/things to a religion or cult. At least bitcoin is not "legally" a religion.
identifyuser

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:16:57 AM

Yeah.. bitcoin is a new religion really, such as dollar

▄▄███████▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     ▄██▌            ▐██▄     ███████████▌ ▄█████  ▄███████▄ ███████▄    ▄████████▄
    ▐████████▌  ▐████████▌        ▐██     ▐██▀    ██▀     ██▄▀     ▀██▄ ▐██▀    ▀██▌
    ▐██████▀      ▀███████        ▐██     ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███       ██▌ ███      ▐██
    ▐██████▄▄▄   ▄▄███████        ▐██     ██▌    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▌      ██▌ ██▌       ██
    ▐████████▌  ▐████████▌        ▐██     ██▌    ▐██▄      ▐██▄    ▄██  ██▌       ██
      ███████▌  ▐███████▀         ▐██     ██▌      ▀███████▌ ▀██████▀   ██▌       ██
       ▀██████▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀██████▀▀
                      ▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀
leirou

BMCHAIN.io ICO LIVE NOW D I S C U S S ◉

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:00:37 AM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

I don't agree with bitcoin being a religion it is just like a dollar being a religion then. But I think other people really worship money so does this bitcoin also symbolizes a currency .

Emadm

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:03:51 PM

This has been of interest to us as we are actually modelling ideologies and religions (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2035149)

Religion comes from the Latin religare, meaning to bind together.

There are formal beliefs that make these up, but more than that typically a structure for these beliefs to shape the way that believers understand the world.

However, religions are typically founded on a belief in superhuman laws outside of observational experience, ie there is a greater order to things that we humans did not invent and cannot change (immutability!).

There is a line here, between laws that are considered divine, which formulate classical religions, and those that are viewed as natural, which inform modern ideological movements (for example, natural selection for the Nazis).

Against this backdrop I would say that there is an emergent religion of scientism in technology, specifically sub-churches in areas like AI where the singularity promises salvation for example in a techno-utopian way.

Bitcoin I don't think fits in to religion as there is not a belief in a divine law that underlies it, nor is there a belief that it is the "natural" way things should be.

It is definitely an ideology as the boosters of Bitcoin believe that this a superior mechanism for achieving certain goals (the only one of which is objectively certain is a non-censorship characteristic).

I'm looking forward to analysing this in more detail as we build the Ananas platform though, will be fascinating to pinpoint what differentiates belief in Ethereum from belief in Bitcoin and so on.

The_prodigy

Activity: 868

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:16:02 PM

This has been of interest to us as we are actually modelling ideologies and religions (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2035149)

Religion comes from the Latin religare, meaning to bind together.

There are formal beliefs that make these up, but more than that typically a structure for these beliefs to shape the way that believers understand the world.

However, religions are typically founded on a belief in superhuman laws outside of observational experience, ie there is a greater order to things that we humans did not invent and cannot change (immutability!).

There is a line here, between laws that are considered divine, which formulate classical religions, and those that are viewed as natural, which inform modern ideological movements (for example, natural selection for the Nazis).

Against this backdrop I would say that there is an emergent religion of scientism in technology, specifically sub-churches in areas like AI where the singularity promises salvation for example in a techno-utopian way.

Bitcoin I don't think fits in to religion as there is not a belief in a divine law that underlies it, nor is there a belief that it is the "natural" way things should be.

It is definitely an ideology as the boosters of Bitcoin believe that this a superior mechanism for achieving certain goals (the only one of which is objectively certain is a non-censorship characteristic).

I'm looking forward to analysing this in more detail as we build the Ananas platform though, will be fascinating to pinpoint what differentiates belief in Ethereum from belief in Bitcoin and so on.

I think bitcoin is more of a currency a way to earn money and profit. I think for jow it is too early to tell that it can form a cult or a following or a religion. This is kore of a ways to earn money that gives people something to work hard for.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
justmint

Activity: 46

ChronoLogic: It might be worth your time

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:35:21 PM

Bitcoin a religion ?
It is only a religion, if you want it to happen.
I think "cults" generally are a bad thing.
Armando

Activity: 770

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:41:30 PM

No, but ETH is and their leader is Lord Vitalik.  Grin

Well at least ETH has no units named "Vitaliks" as far as I'm concerned  Grin
mklost

Activity: 285

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:07:42 PM

Not like a religion but is a life style to some people with it everyday in mind.

Daniel91
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:50:39 PM

Purpose of religion is to connect humans with their origin, creator or God.
So, religion have spiritual purpose.
Bitcoin is not spiritual thing, faith or God.
It's simple virtual currency.
AmiranAbdul

Activity: 187

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:16:13 PM

Perhaps for some, bitcoin will become a religion, but for me it is only a new generation currency and an opportunity to invest. For religion, a creator is needed, and this is only a coin.

jilin

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:05:01 PM

Bit currency is a currency of circulation, people can use it to buy things, religion can be used to buy things, obviously not, so Bitcoin is not a religion.
elisabetheva

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 02:49:34 PM

Does anyone think like that? It does not close the possibility of something like that !! But very unfortunate if you want to do and do things like that, do not run out thinking if you want to do like that?

Supreemo

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:30:20 PM

,Why would such ideas such as this is a kind of religion come to mind? Anyway i think this is not one, as time also passes by, people want to survive this cruel world, this is not to say that they are giving importance about money but not. Most people also wants to earn just to survive poverty that kills humanity, as we could observe in our society in order to survive we need money, but how are we going to have them without risking their lives illegally? Well they have to work, and that's the reason why some strive here.

ıllıllı Facebook ıllıllı ANN ıllıllı Whitepaper ıllıllı Bounty ıllıllı Telegram ıllıllı Twitter ıllıllı
mostkey

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:02:21 PM

Bit currency is a currency of circulation, people can use it to buy things, religion can be used to buy things, obviously not, so Bitcoin is not a religion.

It sounds very funny, when one considers bitcoin as a religion, and either on what basis it can say that, it is not logical, when others consider bitcoin as income, he says bitcoin is a religion  Huh

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]
2pal34u

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

bitcoin is science, religion isnt.
yohananaomi

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 06:45:39 PM

Does anyone equate religion with bitcoin? maybe !! If for that I do not want to talk because for me bitcoin can not be equated with religion.
Religion is not and should not be traded like bitcoin. Religion is too sacred because it is the belief of someone who can not be traded.

≈BITTECH/
BITTECH mission is to make cryptocurrency mining, a legal, easy, and reliable way to earn money.
Whitepaper One Pager ANN     ico.bittech.cn.com    Twitter Facebook Telegram
memephistopheles

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:12:44 PM

BTC is far away from being a religion.
MySharktank5

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:54:12 PM

People now worship anything they want, so i don't see how BTC can't be turned into a religion. I mean, believe in what you want but don't try to introduce me to your "beliefs".
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:11:42 AM

Bitcoin is not a religion, it is cryptocurrency which has been very promising. It raises the awareness of the block chain technology.
neya

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:46:55 AM

no its not a religion. because its not an spiritual porpuse.  its juag a superb virtual currency that help people to earn.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:07:54 PM

We can't call everything new "religion" guys. Come on
RVRovin

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

Satoshi is our Savior!!
Senkuli

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:56:53 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

Bitcoin is not a religion, bitcoin is a new breakthrough currency, where the development of bitcoin is good and begin to be recognized in various countries.

mickeybuddy27

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:12:41 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion, it is cryptocurrency which has been very promising. It raises the awareness of the block chain technology.

Right, bitcoin is a digital money. Money cannot be a religion, it produces by advance of technology. Bitcoin is not something to praise. We just believe that earning it will change the way we live along.

SecretAgent000

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:34:23 PM

If bitcoin is a religion - I am a believer. Did I just stopped being an atheist?  Shocked

● ● SocialX ● # PRESALE LIVE NOW   ICO AUGUST 25, 2017 ● ●                      
FIRST DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK ●
● [ROADMAP] [BITCOINTALK] [WEBSITE] [SLACK] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
Skillboard

Activity: 64

Skillboard: monetize, utilize & share anything.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 06:36:27 PM

This topic title actually makes sense now.

Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:49:45 AM

No. But I won't be surprised if some people started to worship bitcoin. Bitcoin has a really big impact to me especially when it comes to financially. Maybe some crazy group would create some cult and treat bitcoin like a creation of God or something like that.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:53:48 AM

Well lets see how religion is defined...

religion -

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith · belief · worship · creed · sect · church · cult · denomination
a particular system of faith and worship:
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance:
"consumerism is the new religion"

The passion that some people have about bitcoin can essentially be described as the last definition under religion...

so yeah bitcoin is a region to some people

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
StevenRA

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:54:53 PM

Not for 99% of us.
KrLos

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Kind of! BTC affects the life of people , they wake up and go to sleep thinking about BTC

▄██▄
▀███
   █
    █
     █
      █
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
      ▀██▀            ▀█▀     
         ▀▄           ▄▀
           ▀▄        ▄▀
             ▀▄     ▄▀
               ▀▄  ▄▀
                ▄██▄
                ▀██▀
                              █
                             ███
                            █████
                           ███ ███
                          ███   ███
                         ███     ███
                        ███       ███
                       ███         ███
                      ███           ███
                     ███             ███
                    ███               ███
                    ██                 ███
                    ██                  ███
                 █  ██                   ███
                ██  ██                    ███
               ███  ██                     ███
              ████  ██                      ███
             █████  ██ ▄███████████▄         ███
            ███ ██  █████▀       ▀████▄       ███
           ███  ██  ██▀              ▀██       ███
          ███   ██     ▄███████████▄   ██       ███
         ███    ██    ██▀         ▀██   ██       ███
        ███     ██   ██             ██  ██        ███
       ███      ██  ██               ██  ██        ███
      ███       ██  ██               ██  ██         ███
     ███        ██  ██               ██  ██          ███
    ███         ██  ██               ██  ██           ███
   ███           ██  ██             ██   ██            ███
  ███            ██   ██▄         ▄██    ██             ███
 ███              ██   ▀███████████▀     ██              ███
███                ██▄              ▄██  ██               ███
 ███▄               ▀████▄       ▄█████  ██             ▄███
   ▀███▄               ▀███████████▀ ██  ██          ▄███▀
      ▀███▄                          ██  ██       ▄███▀
         ▀███▄                       ██  ██    ▄███▀
            ▀███▄                    ██  ██ ▄███▀
               ▀███▄                 ██  ████▀
                  ▀███▄              ██  █▀
                     ▀███▄         ▄███
                        ▀███▄   ▄███▀
                           ▀█████▀

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
▀██▀             ▀██▀    
                 █
                █
               █
              █
             █
          ▄██▄
          ▀██▀
sukiho

Activity: 519

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:44:47 PM

Bit coin at the moment is considers as the highest currency in the word and people tend to worship wealth, so why not considers bit coin as religion, people mining and trading should be considers as worship and praying.  Cool
Pasaway2701

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:33:16 PM

no its not a religion. because its not an spiritual porpuse.  its juag a superb virtual currency that help people to earn.

Right that bitcoin is not a religion to worship and praise. The use of bitcoin and its benefits give us hope to gain money that can support our needs. Bitcoin is just digital money

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
wh04m1

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:59:45 PM

It is not right to define Bitcoin as faith. Religions are dogmatic concepts. But we can question the bitcoin. We can change its source code the way we want it. But we can not change their religion.
PanGiMoon

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:29:45 PM

It is not right to define Bitcoin as faith. Religions are dogmatic concepts. But we can question the bitcoin. We can change its source code the way we want it. But we can not change their religion.

Why can not we change our religion? Some people abandon the Christian faith and accept Buddhism. And this is their own choice.
But bitcoin can not be called a religion. It's just a way to earn and payment system

eagleman

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:21:35 PM

Damn what is with you people, anything that becomes popular you are putting some anything related to religion. And soon you'll say that Satoshi is a religion.

arianee
eSmart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brandse
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
colossus

Activity: 123

Obey me and live or disobey and die.

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:09:01 PM

Bitcoin is real stuff. Isnt a religion a trust in something what u cant see?
angaper

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:20:54 PM

I would add the following:

-It was conceived to save the world from evil and secure a future of prosperity for those who accept it fully: -Check

-Believers tend to label nonbelievers as confused people who go the wrong way that leads to (financial) destruction, and their only hope is to repent and accept the new creed: -Check

-Those who have accepted the new creed make up a superior caste of Chosen who will one day reign over the unconverted: -Check

*MrPiP*

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:20:48 AM

I think that bitcoin IS a religion. You hold it because you believe in the technology which brings a lot of value to the project. Biggest projects in human history became real only because of faith!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
supine

Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:37:40 AM

I agreed sir, not a religion it's an example of people who wanted to earn. they can even work for it as real or a side job depend's on what they want it to be. some people believe it to be the real next generation but some are against it, but we don't know what they liked and dislike about bitcoin thinking of its a religion or not.

linenoise

Activity: 274

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:24:27 AM

Anyone can become a minister by visiting the Universal Life Church website. Ulc.org  I"m sure with a little work you could actually make a church of the Bitcoin.

TouchMyCoin - Crypto Auctions and skilled games
SweZ

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:42:44 PM

it would be a pretty young god but whatever ^^
dream_maker82

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:44:04 PM

Bitcoin is a crypto currency, not a religion. In religion there must be a god and a scripture, and bitcoin can not provide it and it was created for a different purpose.

wh04m1

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:03:44 PM

Why can not we change our religion? Some people abandon the Christian faith and accept Buddhism. And this is their own choice.
But bitcoin can not be called a religion. It's just a way to earn and payment system

We can change our religion. But religions generally refuse to interrogate. They want us to accept all existing teachings as they are.

Christianity, Islam and Judaism are all the same.
SIMUEC

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:51:07 PM

It's an addiction and a lifestyle, but real money, that can be raised with bitcoin, are.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:45:48 PM

Is Bitcoin a religion?

Not for those who believe that God is controlling Bitcoin for their benefit.

Cool
icol333

Merit: 107

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 03:06:42 PM

If THIS "religion" can teach us how to be a good person, teach us how success can be achieved through a lot of hard work and patience, maybe it COULD be a new religion  Grin

yakushev

Activity: 224

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:30:34 PM

Bitcoin can not be a religion as well as any other currency. In religion there must be rules, God, scriptures and places for prayers. No currency can provide this, because it is only a means of payment.

Skyrah2008

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:41:20 PM

Bitcoin is the only religion which unites people. They are the representatives of all religions and atheists. We argue among themselves there is a God or not, but bitcoin is all we recognize. Maybe our God is a bitcoin?
What are you talking about? Do you know what are you saying? God is not a bitcoin, bitcoin is just a digital currency where it can gives everbody an opportunity to have source of income but not creator of nature, neither the galaxy of the universe, bitcoin is maybe god in terms of technology but not in natural things made by God.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■■ ■     bitCEO     ■ ■■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ █    PRESALE STARTS    July 20th, 2018    ████
WhitePaper  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Telegram  ●  YellowPaper
Coinmyjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:18:20 PM

Is Bitcoin a religion?

Not for those who believe that God is controlling Bitcoin for their benefit.

Cool

Bitcoin has his own god. Maybe his name is Saint Satoshi)))
But I would not have made a crypto currency religious

Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 10:20:47 AM

bitcoin is not a religion to worship and praise. The use of bitcoin and its benefits give us hope to gain money that can support our needs. Bitcoin is just digital money
Bitcoin It's an addiction and a lifestyle, but real money, that can be raised with bitcoin, are.

▪▪▪■■■║ InfinitusToken.io ║■■■▪▪▪
▪▪▪■■■║ Infinitus Smart Designation Repository ║■■■▪▪▪
▪▪▪■■■║ The smart solution to never losing your crypto again! ║■■■▪▪▪
FunshareNesialMLMPenipu

Activity: 287

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:29:47 AM

bitcoin not related about religion

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
mobilezz

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:39:57 AM

Bitcoin is a means of earning, not religion. Bitcoin believes that he can provide them with a better life. Gold also brings good profits, but it's not equated with religion.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:52:21 AM

We believe in it, but it is not a religion.
We believe that it is the greatest thing happened the last five years, but it is not qualified as a religion.
Andy.P.GReen

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:51:33 PM

NO