Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a religion?  (Read 6690 times)
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:11:42 AM

Bitcoin is not a religion, it is cryptocurrency which has been very promising. It raises the awareness of the block chain technology.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:46:55 AM

no its not a religion. because its not an spiritual porpuse.  its juag a superb virtual currency that help people to earn.

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:07:54 PM

We can't call everything new "religion" guys. Come on
RVRovin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

Satoshi is our Savior!!
Senkuli

Activity: 304

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:56:53 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

The term "religious" as used in IRC 501(c)(3) is not subject to precise definition. The leading interpretation of the term was made by the Supreme Court in United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), in which the Court interpreted the phrase "religious training and belief" as used in the Universal Military Training and Service Act, 50 U.S.C. section 456 (j), in determining an individual’s eligibility for exemption from military service on religious grounds. The Court formulated the following definition: "A sincere and meaningful belief which occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God of those admittedly qualifying for the exemption comes within the statutory definition."

The Court elaborated upon the Seeger definition in Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 33 (1970), stating that "f an individual deeply and sincerely holds beliefs that are purely ethical or moral in source and content but that nevertheless impose upon him a duty of conscience to refrain from participating in any war at any time, those beliefs certainly occupy in the life of that individual a place parallel to that filled by... God in the lives of traditionally religious persons." Thus, religious beliefs include many beliefs (for example, Taoism, Buddhism, and Secular Humanism) that do not posit the existence of a Supreme Being in the conventional sense.

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part7/irm_07-025-003.html
Bitcoin is not a religion, bitcoin is a new breakthrough currency, where the development of bitcoin is good and begin to be recognized in various countries.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:12:41 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion, it is cryptocurrency which has been very promising. It raises the awareness of the block chain technology.

Right, bitcoin is a digital money. Money cannot be a religion, it produces by advance of technology. Bitcoin is not something to praise. We just believe that earning it will change the way we live along.

Skillboard

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Skillboard: monetize, utilize & share anything.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 06:36:27 PM

Let's be honest, it does have all the makings of a religion, let me just go through the list:

. Mysterious creator that has suddenly vanished off the face of the Earth or doesn't exist  - Check

. Celebrities are endorsing it to give it more legitimacy - Check

. Multiple sects splitting off from the main beliefs because they disagree with them or want to form their own cult instead - Check

. Lots and lots of conspiracy theories surrounding it - Check

. Persecution from government organisations that fear it - Check

. Crazy evangelical fringe believers who run around and try to harass people into following it - Check

. Extremely negative mass media attention - Check

Yep, I'd say we're a religion now Cheesy

This topic title actually makes sense now.

Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:49:45 AM

No. But I won't be surprised if some people started to worship bitcoin. Bitcoin has a really big impact to me especially when it comes to financially. Maybe some crazy group would create some cult and treat bitcoin like a creation of God or something like that.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:53:48 AM

Well lets see how religion is defined...

religion -

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith · belief · worship · creed · sect · church · cult · denomination
a particular system of faith and worship:
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance:
"consumerism is the new religion"

The passion that some people have about bitcoin can essentially be described as the last definition under religion...

so yeah bitcoin is a region to some people

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
StevenRA

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:54:53 PM

Not for 99% of us.
KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Kind of! BTC affects the life of people , they wake up and go to sleep thinking about BTC
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:44:47 PM

Bit coin at the moment is considers as the highest currency in the word and people tend to worship wealth, so why not considers bit coin as religion, people mining and trading should be considers as worship and praying.  Cool
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:33:16 PM

no its not a religion. because its not an spiritual porpuse.  its juag a superb virtual currency that help people to earn.

Right that bitcoin is not a religion to worship and praise. The use of bitcoin and its benefits give us hope to gain money that can support our needs. Bitcoin is just digital money

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
wh04m1

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:59:45 PM

It is not right to define Bitcoin as faith. Religions are dogmatic concepts. But we can question the bitcoin. We can change its source code the way we want it. But we can not change their religion.
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:29:45 PM

It is not right to define Bitcoin as faith. Religions are dogmatic concepts. But we can question the bitcoin. We can change its source code the way we want it. But we can not change their religion.

Why can not we change our religion? Some people abandon the Christian faith and accept Buddhism. And this is their own choice.
But bitcoin can not be called a religion. It's just a way to earn and payment system
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:21:35 PM

Damn what is with you people, anything that becomes popular you are putting some anything related to religion. And soon you'll say that Satoshi is a religion.
colossus

Activity: 121

Obey me and live or disobey and die.

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:09:01 PM

Bitcoin is real stuff. Isnt a religion a trust in something what u cant see?
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:20:54 PM

Let's be honest, it does have all the makings of a religion, let me just go through the list:

. Mysterious creator that has suddenly vanished off the face of the Earth or doesn't exist  - Check

. Celebrities are endorsing it to give it more legitimacy - Check

. Multiple sects splitting off from the main beliefs because they disagree with them or want to form their own cult instead - Check

. Lots and lots of conspiracy theories surrounding it - Check

. Persecution from government organisations that fear it - Check

. Crazy evangelical fringe believers who run around and try to harass people into following it - Check

. Extremely negative mass media attention - Check

Yep, I'd say we're a religion now Cheesy

I would add the following:

-It was conceived to save the world from evil and secure a future of prosperity for those who accept it fully: -Check

-Believers tend to label nonbelievers as confused people who go the wrong way that leads to (financial) destruction, and their only hope is to repent and accept the new creed: -Check

-Those who have accepted the new creed make up a superior caste of Chosen who will one day reign over the unconverted: -Check
*MrPiP*

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:20:48 AM

I think that bitcoin IS a religion. You hold it because you believe in the technology which brings a lot of value to the project. Biggest projects in human history became real only because of faith!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:37:40 AM

Probably not legally... On other hand it seems to be kinda big for some people here...

So, I wouldn't think it would pass in any court anywhere.

Even if I feel that some people believe in it bit too much...

I agreed sir, not a religion it's an example of people who wanted to earn. they can even work for it as real or a side job depend's on what they want it to be. some people believe it to be the real next generation but some are against it, but we don't know what they liked and dislike about bitcoin thinking of its a religion or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: