Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a religion?  (Read 6689 times)
hkg60796

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:26:18 PM

I do not think there is a religion to me religion that has a great spiritual meaning as well as faith for it. Bitcoin is a currency only if it is possible that it will replace gold if its price is more stable  Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:37:51 PM

I do not think there is a religion to me religion that has a great spiritual meaning as well as faith for it. Bitcoin is a currency only if it is possible that it will replace gold if its price is more stable  Cheesy Cheesy

I agree with you.
Religion is connected with our spiritual life, relationship with God, purpose of life etc.
Religion have purpose to give us internal guidance based on holy books and tradition.
We have faith in bitcoin, of course, but we also have faith in our country president, sport club, friend, our business etc.
We can't call it religion, of course.
It's different kind of faith.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Douglasyukanov
Copper Member

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:52:43 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

The term "religious" as used in IRC 501(c)(3) is not subject to precise definition. The leading interpretation of the term was made by the Supreme Court in United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), in which the Court interpreted the phrase "religious training and belief" as used in the Universal Military Training and Service Act, 50 U.S.C. section 456 (j), in determining an individual’s eligibility for exemption from military service on religious grounds. The Court formulated the following definition: "A sincere and meaningful belief which occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God of those admittedly qualifying for the exemption comes within the statutory definition."

The Court elaborated upon the Seeger definition in Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 33 (1970), stating that "f an individual deeply and sincerely holds beliefs that are purely ethical or moral in source and content but that nevertheless impose upon him a duty of conscience to refrain from participating in any war at any time, those beliefs certainly occupy in the life of that individual a place parallel to that filled by... God in the lives of traditionally religious persons." Thus, religious beliefs include many beliefs (for example, Taoism, Buddhism, and Secular Humanism) that do not posit the existence of a Supreme Being in the conventional sense.

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part7/irm_07-025-003.html
no, definitely not, bitcoin is not a religion, bitcoin is just a digital currency of human creation that is famous in some countries in the world which is indeed very good developments and is in demand by investors and bitcoin users.
bitcoin is not a religion and is not the same as religion.
wRex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:18:26 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion, bitcoin is a cryptocurrency created by humans, used for transactions digitally. I am confused how bitcoin can be said as religion? may be able to say as our digital era now is ERA BITCOIN not religion.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:22:41 PM

No, bitcoin is not a religion. For me, when you say religion, the first thing that comes in my mind is holyness, I mean, God.
Bitcoin is money , it is just a currency. There is no use to relate it with religion.
Nambuwan

Activity: 109
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:17:05 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

The term "religious" as used in IRC 501(c)(3) is not subject to precise definition. The leading interpretation of the term was made by the Supreme Court in United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), in which the Court interpreted the phrase "religious training and belief" as used in the Universal Military Training and Service Act, 50 U.S.C. section 456 (j), in determining an individual’s eligibility for exemption from military service on religious grounds. The Court formulated the following definition: "A sincere and meaningful belief which occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God of those admittedly qualifying for the exemption comes within the statutory definition."

The Court elaborated upon the Seeger definition in Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 33 (1970), stating that "f an individual deeply and sincerely holds beliefs that are purely ethical or moral in source and content but that nevertheless impose upon him a duty of conscience to refrain from participating in any war at any time, those beliefs certainly occupy in the life of that individual a place parallel to that filled by... God in the lives of traditionally religious persons." Thus, religious beliefs include many beliefs (for example, Taoism, Buddhism, and Secular Humanism) that do not posit the existence of a Supreme Being in the conventional sense.

I believe not, because a religion must have a god that they can worship. Yes bitcoin was kade by a group of people that has a goal to make the currency bigger but still it does not count as a religion.

swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:14:04 PM

I don't think so. Religion is a very deep subject matter, and we should not compare or relate bitcoin to religion. Bitcoin is a form of online money or electronic money. It is far too relevant to religion. That's why I disagree. Although, I respect the beliefs of others with regards to this matter.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1247

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 08:42:58 AM

I don't think so. Religion is a very deep subject matter, and we should not compare or relate bitcoin to religion. Bitcoin is a form of online money or electronic money. It is far too relevant to religion. That's why I disagree. Although, I respect the beliefs of others with regards to this matter.
It's just funny to think that a thing is a religion, maybe if you are talking about having a higher "Bitcoin God" then probably it could be considered as a religion but there is nothing like that. The creator of it is also just human and can't make anything about it but if there are people who treat Bitcoin as a religion, all out respect to you guys.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:39:37 AM

No, its not, bitcoin is a type of crypto currency. And it is the most powerful in all crytocurrencies. Unless you call it a god then it will become a religion. Bitcoin is a verrg popular crypto currency and maybe that's why many people call it religion.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:10:28 AM

Nope, I don't see bitcoin as a religion. And why would it be? Who will you worship? Bitcoin? Satoshi? Will they save your souls??

OSISzig

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:53:03 AM

I sue bitcoin to pay my bills, and transfer money. I don't really care if the value goes up or down, as long as it lessens my cost.
topse

Activity: 208

DocTailor ICO:

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:56:09 AM

How could be?
Dear,  it never thought in my mind.
I just think that bitcoin is one of way to earn money,  it can be kind of job.
If it's religion,  what kind of religion is it.
No god,  no holy book even the  prophet.
It's like too much if some people thought bitcoin is a religion.
Lol.  If the cristians go to church,  moeslim go to mosque,  hindustan go to their own holy place.
So,  where should the bitcoiners go?  Cheesy
But i really respect them who believe in it.
Whatever their belief,  but don't forget to think many tines and doing result.

▬▬ • • •  DOCTailor    Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Bounty  Whitepaper  ▬▬  Slack  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Linkedin   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  ICO: Mar 31st   ▐▐
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:01:53 PM

Well kid, you should differentiate between belief and religion. I don't understand how this thought could ever come to your mind

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:06:44 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

I don't think so, laws, although are written exactly, can be interpreted in so many different ways, and the supreme court of each country being the primary tribunal to interpret a law ultimately. I think how they defined religion does not correlate with people who uses or supports bitcoins. It's not a matter of belief or morality why they do so follow the bitcoin market, but as a means to earn and to ultimately make a living. Therefore, it does not make it a religion, but more of a business or job.

Herdawnia

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:45:40 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

Seriously? As far as I know Bitcoin is cryptocurrency , so technically a Currency. Your question is Currency a Religion? Well you cannot worship any other things except God, maybe in some prespective but for me its one way to earn money.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:11:26 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

Seriously? As far as I know Bitcoin is cryptocurrency , so technically a Currency. Your question is Currency a Religion? Well you cannot worship any other things except God, maybe in some prespective but for me its one way to earn money.

For individuals, purpose of life can be to earn money for their luxury life and they can believe that money can solve all their problems Smiley
Of course, it's very far from real religion, worship, temples or churches etc.
Still, in today's world for the most people money is more important than their own family or own faith.
So, bitcoin can be life purpose or goal for some people but still we can't call it religion.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Ahmiel1118

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:18:37 PM

no,bitcoin is a bussiness, to make the person got what they need in there everyday life,bitcoin is just like working in companies but the difference of bitcoin is you can work at home...
Gosha.day

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:33:35 PM

The BITCOIN is open to all, no matter what race or creed.  Grin Grin Grin
wang_site

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:50:21 PM

It could be that way, depending on every person in the bitcoin zone.
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:17:57 PM

For some, Bitcoin is a coin. For others, Bitcoin is an illusion. For others, bitcoin is a dream coming true. For others, Bitcoin is a cult, aka a religion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: