Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff: I would like to make a suggestion.  (Read 862 times)
Anonymous

June 12, 2011, 03:59:17 PM

Although I like the idea of seamless moderation but I believe allowing threads to be left locked in the open will give users a sense of what is acceptable and what is not. It's what I've been doing in the newbie forum thus far and I think it can produce better long-term results.

Just speaking my mind.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:53:58 AM

I've found this is the best way to moderate. Only delete obvious spam, and lock the trolls. Doesn't hurt to send a PM to offenders every so often.

Jessy Kang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:14:16 AM

Although I like the idea of seamless moderation but I believe allowing threads to be left locked in the open will give users a sense of what is acceptable and what is not. It's what I've been doing in the newbie forum thus far and I think it can produce better long-term results.

You have no evidence for this theory,  your results have been demonstrably damaging to the dialog and even the other moderators are frustrated with your actions. The less you do prior to your departure at this point the better.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:31:51 AM

You have no evidence for this theory,  your results have been demonstrably damaging to the dialog and even the other moderators are frustrated with your actions. The less you do prior to your departure at this point the better.
You're just saying that out of anger for Atlas. If you really mean what you're saying, that means that you would have approved of him deleting your thread instead of what happened. It was a mistake, that's all. Give him a break.

Jessy Kang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:42:14 AM

It was a mistake, that's all. Give him a break.

A mistake would have happened once. He went back a second time when he could not get away with it the first time. Even in this very post- rather than sit back and slowly get a handle on things he is advocating that other moderators make the same mistake he did. If it was a mistake- as you say, why permit him to advocate other moderators do the same?

This is his hobby, but my customers will be coming through here if I continue to roll out Bitcoin and his behavior is unacceptable and inconsistent with the powers awarded to him. Standing by him does not make you look fair or loyal- it makes you look bias.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: