Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: >>> ATTENTION: PRICE SPECULATION DISCUSSIONS DO NOT BELONG HERE <<<  (Read 59630 times)
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 01:40:22 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 02:07:54 AM by mprep

(This is a temporary sticky thread until enough people are aware of the new board)

A new board called Speculation (Altcoins) was created and as such, discussions pertaining to speculation of altcoin prices and possibly other related threads should be now created in the new board. I will gradually move over old threads as they pop up (someone replies and pushes it up). If you have any feedback or suggestions regarding the new change, feel free to post here.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:23:36 PM

this is a great idea. but i think that in every topic the price will be discussed sooner or later.
so i think i only depends on the subject of the topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:37:23 PM

for the lazy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:57:57 AM

this is a great idea. but i think that in every topic the price will be discussed sooner or later.

Possibly true, but I think mprep means thread titles and OP's - at least that's what I am guessing.  Smiley
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:04:53 PM

Im too lazy to click on this link  Tongue Grin

ok, i'll try hard  Cheesy
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:05:04 AM

What's the difference between Marketplace (Altcoins) and Speculation (Altcoins)? While the contents of both of them often discuss the same topic.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:18:20 AM

What's the difference between Marketplace (Altcoins) and Speculation (Altcoins)? While the contents of both of them often discuss the same topic.
Quite a few (from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0#post_guidelines):

Marketplace (Altcoins) -  On-forum sale of goods and services either altcoin related or sold for altcoins. This includes bounties, advertisement campaigns, dedicated ICO threads, announcement of external giveaways (that do NOT require posting on Bitcointalk), etc. If your cryptocurrency token is more of a traditional investment (e.g. stocks, shares) rather than a new coin, the ANN thread belongs here.

<...>

Speculation (Altcoins) - Discussion about altcoin prices. This includes discussion about portfolios ("what altcoins are you holding?"), price predictions ("is coin X going to reach 10$ next week?" or "why is this coin's price so low?") and general speculation ("are the altcoin markets crashing?").

token1

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:26:28 PM

is there a common theme group for security, add?
cryptopass

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:18:22 PM

Price speculation discussion should belong here, it is required for derivative trade and hedge.
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:39:29 AM

Well maybe to be specific with the discussions about price speculations that would be better if it will be separated from other specific discussions. Maybe everyone is still free to discuss it somewhere in the marketplace but for relevance it would be better posted in Speculations.
baciubogdan

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:42:39 PM

The price attracts the talk  Grin
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:51:17 PM

I probably the suggestion was right  every topic will determined it will price or discussion but if the content be sure you will remove here  or change for your sake. You will think the topic you choose wisely in choosing topic. 

Tradegroup

Activity: 144

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:41:59 PM

Im too lazy to click on this link  Tongue Grin

for the lazy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0

Now i click this link sow im now not lazy anymore  😜🍀

ok, i'll try hard  Cheesy
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:31:06 PM

Yeah, that is an idea! The speculation section should be made long time ago because currently or maybe lately every second topic were about speculation connected to picked alt. It will be great change. What is more it might be one of the funniest place here  Grin
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:26:45 AM

Exactly, price is like Godwins Law, sooner or later it will come up, someone will mention price or Nazism.

Talk about Hardware price will come up,

Talk about Crypto's price will come up, even relative to BTC, its still talking about price

Blatant OPS like "How much will BTG trade for tomorrow, should I sell or buy"? That I kind of non-sense should be discouraged.

We all know it when we see it, but the problem is you can't talk about any coin or algo without price in USD or BTC coming up,

Say ALgo's, eventually someone will say "What earns more equihash or cryptonight"

Then another person might ask what is the price of electricity, price is the blood of business, and crypto.

What hash algo is best to protect my $100 USD investment in coin?

What coin provides most 'privacy' so that my wife's lawyer can never find my total net worth in USD?
chefcryptoshark

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:15:49 PM

To shill, or not to shill: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The pumps and dumps of outrageous coins, Or to take arms against a sea of FUD, And by opposing end nothing?

lol, I agree, price will come up as part of constructive conversation, but if people are screaming "THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THERE HILLS!", then yeah, that should be banned.
Bambinoe

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:47:31 PM

But price speculations discussions attract lots of contributions or opinions. So it should be a welcome idea...

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:48:21 AM

Mprep, how about making a section for various news and current affairs for Bitcoin and Altcoins? So members won't go outside the forum to keep on updated by Cryptocurrency news.
I think it's a great idea to stay updated without posting it somewhere and all Cryptocurrency news will be in an exclusive section so that we can post comments of our views and opinions and reactions.

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:50:36 AM

The price attracts the talk  Grin

It's because a lot of Cryptocurrency enthusiasts would like to know the speculations and the predictions due to make sure if investing more is the good idea.
That's what I am more interested in reading comments about price speculation threads.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: