Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox support increase  (Read 13825 times)
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

As many of you may have noticed, price of Bitcoin increased.

Yeah, have noticed...

Maybe you could hire some staff that can deal with the bitcoinica situation?  Like perhaps speaking with the liquidator after half a year?  Not that I expect an answer or anything...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:27:42 PM

Two questions:

1. When will I be able to use MtGox instead of other exchanges to cash out money via SEPA? If you have a long waiting queue due to limits couldn't you simply set up more bank accounts in EU?

Great suggestion.
dancingnancy

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:28:03 PM

Our NZ attorneys are already dealing with the Bitcoinica situation. There is not much that can be done at this point until the liquidators cooperate.

Wait... what?  Can you expand on this?  The last update we received from the liquidator stated that Mt Gox was not talking to the liquidators, or sharing relevant information.  Has this changed?  Have you seen this thread?....

To All Investors

We have received a number of requests for updates on the liquidation of Bitcoinica LP (In Liquidation).
As noted in my email of 20th December 2012, we have requested details of the account records held by Mt Gox.  To date, Mt Gox has refused to release these details on account of confidentiality and has requested that the Liquidators provide various details of the accounts before it releases this information.  As reported in the Liquidators first report, we do not have any company records whatsoever and are reliant upon the assistance of the limited partners and Mt Gox to take control of the bitcoins and cash assets.  We cannot make any progress in the liquidation unless Mt Gox provides us with access to Bitcoinica’s accounts.  We are currently awaiting information from the limited partners so that we can progress the account access issues with Mt Gox.
We apologise for the slow progress in the liquidation, but hopefully the investors will appreciate that we are making every effort to recover the bitcoins and funds in order to make a distribution to creditors as soon as possible.  We will continue to provide updates periodically to keep all investors abreast of the liquidation progress.

Kind Regards
Taslim Bhamji
Senior Insolvency Administrator

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126847.80
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 07:40:52 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 12:32:01 AM by TheButterZone

On this note, maybe it's time to update the 0.005 default transaction fee when withdrawing money from Mt.Gox to a personal bitcoin address. That's far above market rate at this point (I think even the 0.0005 default will be reevaluated soon).

[] Pay 0.005BTC Fee For Faster Processing

I wouldn't say it's default if it's unselected...

I am satisfied with waiting for 1 confirm with no fee (most of the time, it's within 10 minutes). The only problem I've had with that, MtGox-wise, is it seems like withdrawals sometimes get queued, and the TX doesn't get broadcasted to the network within seconds of clicking it. Otherwise, I hear my blockchain.info/address/ page beep the instant I push a raw TX, and some others will say "sent" to me after I've already heard their TX beep in.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:45:29 PM

We already have 24/6 support, and will likely continue this way. Support is operating on Sundays only during major outages.
Is there a trade volume level at which you will consider having support available during all times at which trading is available?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:38:55 AM

MPOE-PR reads

Well, if activity is unusual 10 times a day then something is wrong with your unusually-mometer.

Do you consider behavior of fundamental changes in API without directly notifying API keys holders as normal?

You broke most 3rd party applications and even your official classic and mobile interface without devs being directly warned.

Is this activity usual?

Then she reads

Most open tickets have a resolution within 20 minutes. Remaining cases are when there is not enough information, or when issues are not simple user-specific issues (or linked to an outage).

Then she vaguely recalls endless threads of people complaining about stuff such as having their withdrawals delayed for months while being told that "the developers will be looking into this" and stuff like that.

So let's make a deal Mr Karpeles: you apologize for lying to me right here, I won't bother to compile the endless list of proof to show you just lied. Work for you?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
dancingnancy

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:56:46 AM

Wait... what?  Can you expand on this?  The last update we received from the liquidator stated that Mt Gox was not talking to the liquidators, or sharing relevant information.  Has this changed?  Have you seen this thread?....

Unfortunately I cannot share more details here as this would go against our privacy policy.

Smooth.  Once we find out (former bitcoinica users) whom has been fucking with us this whole time I can promise you we will make our displeasure well known.  Enjoy sitting on all our coins for the time being, you've earned it.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:42:42 AM

MPOE-PR reads

Well, if activity is unusual 10 times a day then something is wrong with your unusually-mometer.

Do you consider behavior of fundamental changes in API without directly notifying API keys holders as normal?

You broke most 3rd party applications and even your official classic and mobile interface without devs being directly warned.

Is this activity usual?

Then she reads

Most open tickets have a resolution within 20 minutes. Remaining cases are when there is not enough information, or when issues are not simple user-specific issues (or linked to an outage).

Then she vaguely recalls endless threads of people complaining about stuff such as having their withdrawals delayed for months while being told that "the developers will be looking into this" and stuff like that.

The statements: "most tickets get resolved within 20 minutes" and "some tickets take >1 month" are not contradictory.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 02:01:02 PM

May you have a Job for me Mr. Magicaltux? I'm native german.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
robocoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 02:02:11 PM

May you have a Job for me Mr. Magicaltux? I'm native german.

Cheesy pleaze
Herodes

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:56:14 PM

We are currently doubling the support staff at MtGox and should have new staff hired somewhere in April (hopefully), but I though it was worth sharing some numbers.

Please make it possible to grab the order-book more frequently than every 20 minutes.

comboy who maintains http://bitcoinity.org/markets tells me that there's a 20 minute limit on downloading any book from mtgox, which is why only USD shows the full book there (as I understand it also getting EUR book would mean that both EUR and USD would have to be 40 minutes delayed). This is a silly limit imho.

Solving this would only be a matter of buying and setting up more computer hardware. Please do so.

If this is correct, I can only second this. What about being able to fetch the entire orderbook only once pr 30 mins, and then for the rest of the time, it's possible to fetch diffs to that ? Forgive me if this is already possible and I'm unaware of it.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:44:35 AM

Please make it possible to grab the order-book more frequently than every 20 minutes.

comboy who maintains http://bitcoinity.org/markets tells me that there's a 20 minute limit on downloading any book from mtgox, which is why only USD shows the full book there (as I understand it also getting EUR book would mean that both EUR and USD would have to be 40 minutes delayed). This is a silly limit imho.

Solving this would only be a matter of buying and setting up more computer hardware. Please do so.

When using data.mtgox.com you can fetch the order book more often.

We are working on creating an opensource daemon that will use our existing API to allow you to query locally a realtime copy of any orderbook/trades.

This is good to know. Will stop development of my own one then. Need help?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
dancingnancy

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:17:25 AM

Wait... what?  Can you expand on this?  The last update we received from the liquidator stated that Mt Gox was not talking to the liquidators, or sharing relevant information.  Has this changed?  Have you seen this thread?....

Unfortunately I cannot share more details here as this would go against our privacy policy.

Smooth.  Once we find out (former bitcoinica users) whom has been fucking with us this whole time I can promise you we will make our displeasure well known.  Enjoy sitting on all our coins for the time being, you've earned it.

Well it has been a year and they hide behind "privacy policy". We can't even get info about our coins cuz it would violate who's privacy? Zhou? Mt Gox's? Oh lol!

Mt. Gox has been known to steal and lock down accounts for years(check the many forum threads). Please try using a different exchange until they give back all the coins that are not theirs (assuming they are not a ponzi and can really do it)

Exactly, who's privacy would you be violating?  Because you have my coins and my cash.  Or someone else has my cash.

Just please show me the BTC address where all our coins are @MagicalTux?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:45:00 PM

I'm angry with the lags and leaving now for bitcurex and I encourage all of you to move your money to other exchanges as well, they don't have that much liquidity but this won't change until we all leave Mt.Gox. Not to mention current centralization where most exchange is done at one place is undesirable.

Signature space available for rent.
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:15:53 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2013, 12:29:17 PM by sukiho

There are 4000+ accounts in front of me waiting to be verified, so more staff sounds like a good idea Cheesy

Does one need a verified account to be able to deposit fiat or just to withdraw?
for me to withdraw they want varification and I only have about $100 worth, or did at the time I tried. I havent verified yet as Im happy leaving it there and it means no one can get at it by stealing my ID. hopefully I will be able to verify it easily enough when I decide to
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

MagicalTux, please fix your website.
It is now lying to its customers about the actual price.
DAN444

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:18:58 AM

Recently read that transfering Bitcoins from mtgox takes DAYS (unless you pay some extra).
This is ridiculous
Herodes

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:20:46 AM

Recently read that transfering Bitcoins from mtgox takes DAYS (unless you pay some extra).
This is ridiculous

First I've heard of that.

MagicalTux, please fix your website.
It is now lying to its customers about the actual price.

Can you elaborate?
DAN444

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:27:01 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 05:38:29 AM by DAN444

This is ridiculous

Screenshot:

SO what exactly is this about please? Why would this take DAYS?
Herodes

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:37:49 AM

This is ridiculous

SO what exactly is this about please?

A few days is only regarding a worst case scenario. In most cases transfers goes quite quickly. The fee in question is also very low.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: