Bitcoin Forum
October 22, 2018, 05:46:54 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer noise issue  (Read 8978 times)
gennady46

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:15:28 AM

Nice photos thanks, when i am about to do it, i hope to contact you in case i have any questions, where to find you, you have Skype address or email, or

contact you here?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1363

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:35:04 AM

Nice photos thanks, when i am about to do it, i hope to contact you in case i have any questions, where to find you, you have Skype address or email, or

contact you here?

Send me a pm here

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
gennady46

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:17:47 AM

And by the way how much this method reduce the noise by? By 50% or more, just i want to have an idea before i even consider buying all these things....
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:02:05 PM

The fans with CFM 37 it does not work, even if i lower frequency to 100, it is still beeping and temp raising to 80C, and besides it does not pay to run it at this low frequency, like i said this

Antminer just for the test, since i am planning to place more Miners and add more hash power...

So I need to know what is the minimum CMF should what fans are quite and have a good CMF to keep Miner at around 60C , which fans do you recommend?

You are NOT going to keep the miner at the same temperature with a fan of much less than 190 CFM, which is what the fan on the S5 is rated at.

The unit is pushing a LOT of power through a fairly small space, you NEED the airflow to keep it remotely cool.

For most apartments, the "max units per room" issue is often as much about cooling as it is about power - an S5 uses appx. 600 watts at stock clocks (counting power supply inefficiency losses), 2 per "common" 15 AMP US household circuit is the limit on a power basis (and if your home is VERY warm, you might be pushing it a bit even then as breakers and wiring has to be DERATED for high temperatures) but those 2 units also generate rough ballpark 4000 BTU (for comparison, a common "space heater" generates appx 5100 BTU).

For perspective - last winter I was living in an older mobile home with very poor insulation. I was running 5x S5 units, a Spondoolies SP20, 5x Innosilicon A2 units, and about 2KW worth of misc computers. I never turned the furnace on all winter, and had to keep at least 2 windows open some WITH fans running in those windows to avoid overheating my place - IN IOWA - because the heat generation of the gear was more than enough to keep the place at 80+ F.

Insulated flex duct is probably overkill, if you keep the length short.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:45:15 PM

Also, just remembered another issue, maybe it does not belong in this post, but anyway how many miners one can run in regular apartment in one room? Verses

warehouse... I was told that sometimes electricity does not let you run more then 2 miners in the the same room? How to check it? Can one connect 4 miners to

one power supply, or at least use one power supply for 2 miners, maybe this way you can run more miners in the same room???

You should know this pretty easy if you are looking at a warehouse to mine in.  You can find out the outlet's and how many volt's and amps the breaker for them is.   So you can know exact not guess/check.   To be honest for most renting a warehouse does not make sense though a few big hobby miners have done it (seen a few pics).

On apartment it again all depends on your setup.  You might have one breaker for entire room or multiple, and it matter's again on volt's and amps.  If you can take a picture safely of circuit breaker we can give you a decent idea (best if they are marked to room your thinking of using).  On either of these places keep heat and noise in mind aswell.
gennady46

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:38:45 AM

here my circuit breaker photo link just copy and paste in your browser:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgwOmJrQRbdLhyYjw50czkMQRNye

As far as Antminer, how many can i run like S7 or S9 Huh But what about other type of miners like Avalon6 and SP20 Jackson,

how many can i run in my apartment?

As far as other places like warehouse or other apartments, i can ask later on...

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1363

Avalon 841 rocks

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:26:52 PM

here my circuit breaker photo link just copy and paste in your browser:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgwOmJrQRbdLhyYjw50czkMQRNye

As far as Antminer, how many can i run like S7 or S9 Huh But what about other type of miners like Avalon6 and SP20 Jackson,

how many can i run in my apartment?

As far as other places like warehouse or other apartments, i can ask later on...

the photo lacks the info i need.
What are the numbers on each breaker ?

/1 ...../2...../3....../4....../5....../6......./7....../8.........

I can not read each number clearly .

If they are used for only mining I don't know
If you run a microwave a hotplate an air conditioner I don't know

If your sub panel is 8 what is the main panel  I don't know.  So say it is an empty apartment and you put  1 s-9 on each breaker you may be fine at your sub panel  but your sub panel may be feed from the main panel and have a 40 amp  breaker thus you trip the breaker on the main panel

I see 8 breakers  so are they all separate  are they 10 amp 240 volt?
that would mean 1 s-7 per breaker
are they 15 amp 120 volt?
that would mean 1 s-7 per breaker

I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net...
I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
gennady46

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:11:33 PM

i saw this:   15-20-20-20-15-20-20-15

let me know how many s7 or s9 i can run?

thanks...
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:15:43 PM

max 1 S9 per circuit - and if your breaker box is in a non-A/C "gets VERY warm" area, that might be pushing it a bit on the 15 amp circuits.

That ASSUMES there is nothing else on the circuit, or only a very small amount of other power draw on the 20 amp circuits (a typical room-type box fan eats 60-70 watts, that's not going to be an issue to have a couple of those on a 20 amp circuit WITH a S9).

Do NOT put an S7 or an S9 on the same circuit as a microwave, coffee brewer, hotplate, refridgerator, or other such HIGH POWER DRAW appliances.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
gennady46

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:29:12 PM

What about Avalon6 and SP20 Jackson, how many of those including s9 Miner Huh
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:26:53 AM

max 1 S9 per circuit - and if your breaker box is in a non-A/C "gets VERY warm" area, that might be pushing it a bit on the 15 amp circuits.

That ASSUMES there is nothing else on the circuit, or only a very small amount of other power draw on the 20 amp circuits (a typical room-type box fan eats 60-70 watts, that's not going to be an issue to have a couple of those on a 20 amp circuit WITH a S9).

Do NOT put an S7 or an S9 on the same circuit as a microwave, coffee brewer, hotplate, refridgerator, or other such HIGH POWER DRAW appliances.

I would make sure to check on this if you mine on that breaker box.  The picture is a little low rez so hard to tell but it look's a tad bit old and how the breakers do not really line up makes me question quality.   And it could be fine just make sure to monitor it.

I also would suggest tracing the breakers outlet's.  It can be done as easy as turning breaker off and seeing what no longer has power.  By doing this you can see where you can put miner's.  With so few I doubt you get lucky and have multiple per room, but when mining in your house more then one in a single room is nice on 120 volt.   At one time I juggled with this putting miners in certain rooms in my house before I did my mining area.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:17:58 AM

An SP20 if you're pushing it for max hashrate will have a 1152 watt draw FROM THE POWER SUPPLY (this is limited by the software and by sensors in the SP20, probably has a 1-2 percent potential "limit of reading error" factor) then divide by the power supply %efficiency figure, ballpark 1300 watts or 11+ amps with a Gold-rated PS.

Marginal for a 15A circuit unless everything is in A/C, very comfortable on a 20, dont' even THINK about trying to put 2 on a 20 amp circuit.

If you drop the hashchip voltages to make it more efficient, it CAN go as low as about 500 watts, but you're not getting a lot of hashrate if you do that. Efficiency gets BETTER than the S5 though if you drop the voltages enough - and there's a setpoint that's capable of pretty much IDENTICAL hashrate to the S5 at the same power consumption (1.15ish TH at 600ish watts AT THE WALL).

SP20 was MUCH more configurable than the S5, which is part of the reason it cost quite a bit more.

Definitely trace out which of your outlets AND LIGHTS run off each breaker before plug ANY high-power mining gear into any of them.

gennady46

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:30:57 AM

All of these sound too complex, anyway, that is sucks  Angry that i cannot run more then miner in one room and besides at this point i really cannot place other miners in other rooms, so renting warehouse maybe a big investment at the begging, so maybe i should mine for Ethereum with latest GPU's rig? Maybe it is less noisy and less hot ? Any suggestions...
X7

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 03:36:24 AM

contact you here?

Send me a pm here

I would recommend caution on some of those flammable materials (depending on your temp outside) some of those things looked like cotton.

Helping to create the world's first loving economy, not something based on fear or greed. Principles of love, abundance, consistency, automation, decentralisation, open source, economic multifunctionality. Scientific analysis will be uploaded to my site shortly for peer review.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 10:30:56 PM

All of these sound too complex, anyway, that is sucks  Angry that i cannot run more then miner in one room and besides at this point i really cannot place other miners in other rooms, so renting warehouse maybe a big investment at the begging, so maybe i should mine for Ethereum with latest GPU's rig? Maybe it is less noisy and less hot ? Any suggestions...

It is just the nature of miners at this point a lot use a good amount of watt's.  Which assuming 120 volt and 15 amp does not provide a ton of power. Besides re-wiring electricity there (which don't know if you can do much looks like possibly small apartment electric panel) there is not a whole lot you can do.

GPU is going to depend on what card's you use and what you use to cool them.  Likely in a lot of cases less sound then a S7/S9 but again just varies on what you use.  Although no matter what you pick the amount of electricity you can use though the circuit's you showed does not change it remains the same no matter what kind of miner as far as watt's you can pull safely.   But your kinda going into a whole entire different debate as far as ETH vs BTC mining which kinda is a debate for another forum.
gennady46

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:22:51 AM

There must be some kind of device out there to be able to give a boost to the electrical breaker for home use or perhaps connect

some kind of the device to the breaker so that i be able to run at least three S9 miners,

otherwise it is not worth the time... Even if i would want to run Miners at warehouse,

how many electrical breaker does it have usually in one room in a warehouse?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1117

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:09:12 PM

There must be some kind of device out there to be able to give a boost to the electrical breaker for home use or perhaps connect

some kind of the device to the breaker so that i be able to run at least three S9 miners, otherwise it is not worth the time... Even if i would want to run Miners at warehouse,

how many electrical breaker does it have usually in one room in a warehouse?
There is: It is called using a licensed electrician to upgrade the electrical service to your home. If you are in an apartment yer boned.

A breaker cannot be 'boosted'.... They are sized to what the wiring can safely provide Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself - Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats
How a miner mfgr SHOULD operate: HaggsFIN trip to Canaan My info useful? Donations welcome! 1Fuzzyk398kDWVjuC5qPX5v6CjSkvbgAbd
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

Don't switch the stock fans.

Down clock the freq and set fan on manual about 40 %.

I forgot what the stock number freq is for the s-5.

But if it is 350. Go to 200 with a fan on 40%

Let us know what happens.

Fan substitutes are not the answer

TY
gennady46

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:34:48 AM

I have already tried that, the same noise level, maybe for this miner these settings won't matter, maybe for another one with 4-pin fans?

I think that Illuminati box is the solution for the noise reductions up to 80%...

Radientgurkin

Activity: 178
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

Have you managed to solve the noise issue?

I am having a similar problem with my ASIC miner.  I am considering building a case to muffle some of the sound.

Example:   https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/bass-traps-acoustic-panels-foam-etc/197132d1286757143-soundproof-computer-cabinet-sp_box4_3dall.jpg

Think it could work?

May I ask what the illuminati box is? Can't seem to find it online.  Thanks.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.