Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exploring existing chips/soc/processor for bitcoin mining  (Read 4166 times)
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:41:42 PM

Anybody looked at POET technology? not even sure if its available or applies?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:52:42 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 09:11:44 PM by repentance

Nobody's going to take you seriously when it's obvious that you haven't done the slightest amount of research yourself.  You're coming across as an "ideas man" who doesn't have the first clue how to bring a project like this to fruition and wants someone else to do all the work.  

That you're not a technical person is worrying given the technical problems which a project like this will inevitably face.  We've already seen the results of people trying to contract out the process of developing mining hardware and the results aren't pretty.

Spamming about this all over the board isn't going to increase the likelihood of making it happen.

In fact, what are you going to be bringing to the table.  You're asking others to share their knowledge with you, but you haven't mentioned exactly what you'd be able to bring to such a project.  Capital?  Contacts?  We know you don't have technical ability and we know you don't have project management ability (you'd have already researched this yourself and providing us with information if you did).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
r.willis

Activity: 42
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:57:34 PM

Yes, you can buy IP core, do some interface work and contract someone to make driver for your hardware to work with cgminer or other similar software.
If you are not techie, I'd suggest you stray clear of such things - at least until you find someone really good to do technical side for you.
papamoi (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:18:56 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 10:05:26 PM by papamoi

Yes, you can buy IP core, do some interface work and contract someone to make driver for your hardware to work with cgminer or other similar software.
If you are not techie, I'd suggest you stray clear of such things - at least until you find someone really good to do technical side for you.

ok now let s see how much is the delivery time of this

and at wich costs

so in between the 3 do you know which one have the best quality/speed to cost ratio?

r.willis

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:33:27 PM

I do not know.
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:55:58 PM

Nobody's going to take you seriously when it's obvious that you haven't done the slightest amount of research yourself.  You're coming across as an "ideas man" who doesn't have the first clue how to bring a project like this to fruition and wants someone else to do all the work.  

That you're not a technical person is worrying given the technical problems which a project like this will inevitably face.  We've already seen the results of people trying to contract out the process of developing mining hardware and the results aren't pretty.

Spamming about this all over the board isn't going to increase the likelihood of making it happen.

In fact, what are you going to be bringing to the table.  You're asking others to share their knowledge with you, but you haven't mentioned exactly what you'd be able to bring to such a project.  Capital?  Contacts?  We know you don't have technical ability and we know you don't have project management ability (you'd have already researched this yourself and providing us with information if you did).

With that is all said, and can be applied to all messages of the same type that appear every day at forum.
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:09:57 PM

1/no one has forced to reply to this subject
2/if i mentionned pm is that i don t want to discuss all the feasbility and availibity in public?
3/there is some companies/people out there able to handle this type of project
so in conclusion this is the reason i ve posted

so in my humble opinion you are the one who is spamming as you didn t bring any thing interesting on all this

so let s move to the subject please

thanks
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:17:46 PM

I have engineering contacts at Cisco.  At least a couple of forum members here have extensive MOSFAB experience.

People just don't seem willing to pull together on this.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

I have engineering contacts at Cisco.  At least a couple of forum members here have extensive MOSFAB experience.

People just don't seem willing to pull together on this.

well that s their own problem, i am offering something like a job and getting loosers coming in shouting

anyway,life s goes on

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:42:19 PM

The reason people are skeptical is because you know nothing about the technical side of such a venture and you're not giving any information which suggests that you have the capital to fund it or the project management experience to oversee it. 

You say that you're "offering something like a job" but not giving any information about who you are and how you could afford to employ staff and contractors to work on this venture.  Exactly what are you bringing to the table?  And especially, what makes it likely that you'll succeed where others have failed?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

The reason people are skeptical is because you know nothing about the technical side of such a venture and you're not giving any information which suggests that you have the capital to fund it or the project management experience to oversee it. 

You say that you're "offering something like a job" but not giving any information about who you are and how you could afford to employ staff and contractors to work on this venture.  Exactly what are you bringing to the table?  And especially, what makes it likely that you'll succeed where others have failed?

again read my previous posts,

there is noone forcing you to believe what i m saying  and i do not have anything else to add

it seems either my englsih is bad or you seems not to understand

in both case,i m only interested in serious people who knows both how bitcoin is working and how  to build a processor able to mine at high speed 

thanks

please in pm only

r.willis

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:50:56 AM

You would attract more serious people if you offer something like
"I'm searching an able person to design breakthrough mining solution. Willing to pay 20k$/month for 6 month. Good track record of FPGA design required".
But you clearly do not understand how custom mining hardware work, and asking about "newer chips". Do you consider community this dumb not to try every option available?
Everything has been tried. The only solutions left are the ones which require serious investments (ASICs).
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:00:14 AM

You would attract more serious people if you offer something like
"I'm searching an able person to design breakthrough mining solution. Willing to pay 20k$/month for 6 month. Good track record of FPGA design required".
But you clearly do not understand how custom mining hardware work, and asking about "newer chips". Do you consider community this dumb not to try every option available?
Everything has been tried. The only solutions left are the ones which require serious investments (ASICs).

please avoid spam and waste of time of yours and mine

thanks
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:04:27 AM

please avoid spam and waste of time of yours and mine

thanks

Here, e-mail these guys: design@chronicle-tech.com   

I hear they're pretty good at getting ASICS out the door.
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:10:57 PM

thanks

just regarding the software,for the asic,does any one have contacts or knows people who can modifiy existing open source soft for making it run on the asics?

thanks
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:49:49 PM

thanks

just regarding the software,for the asic,does any one have contacts or knows people who can modifiy existing open source soft for making it run on the asics?

thanks

You really don't get what ASIC's are do you? The internal design of the chip IS the code, its a program in hardware. (that's way over simplified but I guess that's whats needed :/ ).

really

how clever are you

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:23:07 AM

thanks

thanks

Ask user Kano. 

Should I just bill you for my time thus far?  My going rate is $57.62 CAD/hr, in 1 hour blocks, minimum 1 block.

PS:  How the software interacts depends entirely on how you implement your ASIC design and how/what you use to interface with it (the ASIC).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: