Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:12:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will regulation make bitcoin slower?  (Read 1869 times)
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:48:29 PM

No, regulation will not make Bitcoin slower but it will boost its adoption plus acceptance more fast. It will secure consumers from further frauds by providing them some strength of regulations. I see this thing which Bitcoin really is needed to have some legal status and to become more trustworthy in eyes of people which still watch it with doubts.
bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:57:43 PM

regulating will not gonna slow bitcoin and more people will adopt this fastly but can government can really solve any problem by this? i think this will just bring any more problems and even can bring extra tax system

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:02:40 PM

It will not make it slower it will just inhibit it from being as free to use as it is now.
Congress always seems to make things more complicated then what they should be.  Roll Eyes
Well, they have to justify having their job somehow. As long as they can make things slow and drawn out and make it so they at least appear busy during most of the year, they're happy with it. It's a large paycheck for doing relatively little work.

The blockchain doesn't just become slower because someone regulates it; the blocks will keep on flowing, filled or not.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:08:49 PM

I think bitcoin can be regulated by anyone who has the rights over the transaction.  No matter how decentralise bitcoin is, if it goes to a third party, that third party processor can willingly regulate your transaction. Just what happen to some site.  We all know bitcoin cannot give your name or address but with the regulation of this sites where transaction pass thru, they can easily identify their users.  And no it will not make bitcoin slower if this party decided to.
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:17:49 AM

PayPal is required to hold funds for 48 hours before auto-withdrawing it to receiver's account as per Central Bank's guidlines in my country.
If government regulates bitcoin,will it also become slower for government may ask online wallet and exchanges to hold bitcoin for some stipulated time?

I don't think regulation will make bitcoin slower. The regulation of bitcoins will not affect the fastness of transacting with bitcoins. What I am sure of is that registering a bitcoin wallet is the one that will get slow and not the transactions with bitcoin. It might get even faster since there will be lesser people who can use the bitcoin.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:00:09 AM

Regulation may or may not make bitcoin slower. Maybe if regulations are to be implemented in bitcoin, many bitcoiners will not use it and many people who don't use it now will trust it because it have some regulations that needs to be followed, and some people feel safer with it. If the users increase I think it will make bitcoin slower so the devs need to think of a new way to fasten it up again. If it will lessen because of the regulation bitcoin will be faster since the users will be lessened.
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:02:30 AM

I believe bitcoin will not be affected by the system of government of a country. bitcoin will have their own strengths. because bitcoin digital currency is anonymous.

Any regulation made by the government will affect any currency. Since the aim of those regulation is to control the flow of a particular currency. But I don't think that such regulation will make the bitcoin slower. Rather it would make the transaction faster since there will be only few people who will be allowed to transact using bitcoins.
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:20:37 AM

I believe bitcoin will not be affected by the system of government of a country. bitcoin will have their own strengths. because bitcoin digital currency is anonymous.
yes it is a fact that bitcoin is anonymous no doubt about this, and decentralize, not in control of any one, the wallet the exchanges are under the influence of the government and government can influence the the wallet and the exchanges too. so i think the government want to regulate the bitcoin they want to have some control on it, therefore i think there must be some effect  of the government on bitcoin.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 08:06:40 AM

No. I guess no. This regulations dont affect bitcoin in terms of the speed of the transaction. But the popularity do, If they can. But this will also affect if this popularity will be multiplied into 2-4 times. So this will make the transaction slower because of the people who are using bitcoin. Hence, this will be the cause if this regulation will make the population multiplied two or four times bigger.

yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:23:59 AM

Based on the strict rules of developers creating alternative solutions to resolve the problem and continue bitcoin becomes faster . for now
This regulation will not make bitcoin slowed . because nature desentralusasu that will not allow it,
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:13:00 PM

PayPal is required to hold funds for 48 hours before auto-withdrawing it to receiver's account as per Central Bank's guidlines in my country.
If government regulates bitcoin,will it also become slower for government may ask online wallet and exchanges to hold bitcoin for some stipulated time?

Wow,i can withdraw my Paypal funds to my bank account for 5-7 business days.What is auto-withdrawing?

If the future maybe we will have to verify the sourse of our bitcoins.You will have to proove that the bitcoins

you are holding are earned in a  legal way.No money laundry and no scams...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: