Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Bitcoin Trading and Why It's risky?  (Read 26324 times)
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 07:36:34 AM

As mentioned by most users Bitcoin Trading is really a good way to earn profit periodically, but problem with this is the investment. To get a earning, then needs to have a huge investment to get a stable price, other than which the price is unpredictable which needs more time to grab a big profile.

if you trading bitcoinn
and bitcoin price always stable you can't profit
because you buy and sell this price is same, if you want profit bitcoin price not stable, always wave bitcoin price and you can get profit

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yakdivine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 02:13:40 PM

Hello folks!

I'm thinking about starting to trade with Bitcoin, but I see people saying that It's risky & almost like gambling.

I think that I mis-understand the meaning of trading.

For me trading Is for EXAMPLE, buying Bitcoin when It's at 550$ and selling It when It's at 670$. This Isn't risky because If Its value doesn't Increase, you'll just have to keep It until It gets higher enough, Is this trading?

I would really appreciate If people clarified more! Thankx Wink
The coin’s value fluctuates with its market demand, and is worth its day’s exchange value all over the world, regardless of where it is spent. There’s no need to change currencies on business trips or holidays, as its value stays the same regardless of strengths or weaknesses in non-virtual currencies.
alien-fx2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 02:23:50 PM

Bitcoin trading is you trade bitcoin for something like fiat or altcoins. Altcoin to fiat trading is risky because some altcoins today are scam or just a pump and dump scheme. Good altcoins like doge and ltc are much better altcoin to trade, not that big profit but you won't regret buying it. Fiat to btc trading is also risky because it is based on a real market and it's value drops and rise fast but not that big.
It's a fair explanation. Most of the altcoins are scams, few have been fairly distributed. Litecoin is an example of a good cryptocurrency, with a good distribution, but in my opinion the trading volume is too low to make significant profit.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 02:47:34 PM

Hello folks!

I'm thinking about starting to trade with Bitcoin, but I see people saying that It's risky & almost like gambling.

For me trading Is for EXAMPLE, buying Bitcoin when It's at 550$ and selling It when It's at 670$. This Isn't risky because If Its value doesn't Increase, you'll just have to keep It until It gets higher enough, Is this trading?

What you are telling is the correct way of trading , in trading you have to be patience if you have purchased on high rate and you should no go for one shot full trading you should split your purchasing on low rates, like this your purchase rate will also come down and if their is any rise in price then you can easily sell and get profit
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 12:18:00 PM

Bitcoin trading is you trade bitcoin for something like fiat or altcoins. Altcoin to fiat trading is risky because some altcoins today are scam or just a pump and dump scheme. Good altcoins like doge and ltc are much better altcoin to trade, not that big profit but you won't regret buying it. Fiat to btc trading is also risky because it is based on a real market and it's value drops and rise fast but not that big.
It's a fair explanation. Most of the altcoins are scams, few have been fairly distributed. Litecoin is an example of a good cryptocurrency, with a good distribution, but in my opinion the trading volume is too low to make significant profit.
Not just litecoins, there are many fairly distributed altcoins are being traded, the thing is we must choose after closely following them. Yes, usually trading is not viable to start immediately on the day one itself. We must prepare ourselves be closely watching few alt coins with their volume and trading levels. Otherwise we might get struck with scam alt coins.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:44:16 PM

Not just litecoins, there are many fairly distributed altcoins are being traded, the thing is we must choose after closely following them. Yes, usually trading is not viable to start immediately on the day one itself. We must prepare ourselves be closely watching few alt coins with their volume and trading levels. Otherwise we might get struck with scam alt coins.

Every day new altcoins were getting developed. So one needs to be very careful while selecting a particular altcoin for trading purpose. Only very few altcoins have been popular among the users. So need to choose wisely after a great examination of price movement, only then we can make good profit with trading.

xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:55:46 PM

Every day new altcoins were getting developed. So one needs to be very careful while selecting a particular altcoin for trading purpose. Only very few altcoins have been popular among the users. So need to choose wisely after a great examination of price movement, only then we can make good profit with trading.

i am agree with you sir. it will be safe to trade between bitcoin with popular altcoins at least top ten in the list of marketcap so we can make profit. this is what i learn so far and i think its work.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 02:20:01 PM

Hello folks!

The example gave by you us right but the main problem in bitcoin trading is only when the price goes sharply down .
For example if you made buy of bitcoin at $500 and then sudden get down about $50/btc then you got the problem to sell it high rate .
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 02:56:02 PM

bitcoin trading is a situation where you buy bitcoin at a low price and sell at a high price. Well, it is risky because if it does not match the predictions that you do, then you will get the loss, and if the price of bitcoin down in a short time, and you do not sell in a short time, then you just make yourself a big loss

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 04:18:27 PM

Hello folks!

The example gave by you us right but the main problem in bitcoin trading is only when the price goes sharply down .
For example if you made buy of bitcoin at $500 and then sudden get down about $50/btc then you got the problem to sell it high rate .

No chance to Bitcoin goes to $50. I agree with his example, that is trading holding BTCs, the most safe way to trade Bitcoins. We know this coin price is always going up, so there is no fear to lose money this way (on long term).

But alt-coins trading and short term BTC trading is risk, because we have more chances to make a mistake and lose money. Alt-coins because their price is very unstable, and BTC because we can sell it on the wrong hour (on daily trades, short term).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:30:04 PM

I think bitcoin trading is trading bitcoin with different pairs like Bitcoin to US dollar , Bitcoin to Euro or bitcoin to other altcoins.  It is risky because we never predict the price and the probability that the price of bitcoin get lower the moment we bought it.  In its pair, like for example we bought an altcoin and we did not realized that the altcoin we bought is a scamcoin, then the price go down next to worthless and now we are bagholding a worthless altcoin.  In this scenario, our fund is lost due to the wrong decision we made in trading.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:26:10 PM

I think it will not be risky if you are intelligent and will have full knowledge about trade,

if you want to know about trade, then I will say that trade is simple buying with lower price and selling them at higher price. and for remaining details you can see the detailed tutorials available in various articles available on google.
Yes you right if someone have knowledge in trading i think its not risky for them because they know the technique how to trade they get alot of profit. But the problem if newbie do trade with out knowing that is so risky maybe they lost their money.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:25:47 PM

I think bitcoin trading is trading bitcoin with different pairs like Bitcoin to US dollar , Bitcoin to Euro or bitcoin to other altcoins.  It is risky because we never predict the price and the probability that the price of bitcoin get lower the moment we bought it.  In its pair, like for example we bought an altcoin and we did not realized that the altcoin we bought is a scamcoin, then the price go down next to worthless and now we are bagholding a worthless altcoin.  In this scenario, our fund is lost due to the wrong decision we made in trading.
Yeah due the bitcoin volatility character that may can dropped as hell make trading bitcoin very risky
But as long as you have a good money management I think everything will be just fine
Taking risk is an ordinary thing to do in business .
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:41:35 AM

As mentioned by most users Bitcoin Trading is really a good way to earn profit periodically, but problem with this is the investment. To get a earning, then needs to have a huge investment to get a stable price, other than which the price is unpredictable which needs more time to grab a big profile.

if you trading bitcoinn
because you buy and sell this price is same, if you want profit bitcoin price not stable, always wave bitcoin price and you can get profit
This is a mistake, you can profit even if the price of bitcoin is stable by charging a premium like the sellers on localbitcoins and even the traders here on the forum.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:50:18 AM

I think it will not be risky if you are intelligent and will have full knowledge about trade,

if you want to know about trade, then I will say that trade is simple buying with lower price and selling them at higher price. and for remaining details you can see the detailed tutorials available in various articles available on google.
Yes you right if someone have knowledge in trading i think its not risky for them because they know the technique how to trade they get alot of profit. But the problem if newbie do trade with out knowing that is so risky maybe they lost their money.

What are you talking about? You are confusing OP, trading is very risking, and cause of that high risk its like gambling.
OP asked "why its risky?", simply cause its not easy to catch moments when its low and when its high. Its easy for us to talk about price going up or down, when you need to invest more then 1000 $ your hands are shaking in either way.
Don`t get into trading if you are not ready to risk on information`s that you found on internet or any other source. Cause that is what bitcoin trading is, you buy or sell in the moment when all your info make a feeling in you about changing of price, for that feeling you need to know the game.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JariKriting

Activity: 994
Merit: 518

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 01:21:54 AM

all online trading bitcoin still the best savety in compare another platform
you can compare online trading gold in meta trader 4, trading forex, trading comodities bitcoin still the best and low risk

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:30:06 AM

And the problem is even more severe ragarding altcoins. Unfortunately, some people don't know that most of them are scams, with a very bad distribution.
This allows a small group of people to be able to control the supply, and consequently control the cycles of pumps and dumps, making inexperienced users lose money.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:38:32 AM

Hello folks!

This is  indeed a  trading because   you do  buy bitcoins   on a particular  low price then  sell it  on a  high price.  You could  definitely say that thing that  theres no risk  when you do that  kind of   trading  which is considered as  long   trading  because  you would  just need  to wait   on a particular price point. The risk  involve on trading bitcoin  is  on  the  time  which  bitcoins price would  go  too  much  lower  on  your buy  price.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:54:25 AM

Hello folks!

It is pretty much like that but there is more into trading. But the gist of it is you will predict in what direction the price will go. If it is going down, then you will short it. If it is going up then you go long. There are times when the chart says it will go up and you go long but then the price goes down, so you lose. Or if you predicted the price will go down, so you short, but it goes up. Those scenario always happen in bitcoin because bitcoin fluctuates a lot.
n0ne

Activity: 2576
Merit: 548

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 11:06:50 AM

if you trading bitcoinn

If the price of bitcoin becomes stable, earning good profit is really a hard thing, but as I mentioned in the earlier quote even if fluctuation happens with small number of bitcoin or investment making stable earning is not possible. Huge number of bitcoin or investment is required.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: