Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Bitcoin Trading and Why It's risky?  (Read 26319 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:19:15 AM

Hello folks!

I'm thinking about starting to trade with Bitcoin, but I see people saying that It's risky & almost like gambling.

I think that I mis-understand the meaning of trading.

For me trading Is for EXAMPLE, buying Bitcoin when It's at 550$ and selling It when It's at 670$. This Isn't risky because If Its value doesn't Increase, you'll just have to keep It until It gets higher enough, Is this trading?

I would really appreciate If people clarified more! Thankx Wink
You're Idea is right in trading it will be like gambling if you will go in blind trading where you buy an altcoin without researching and another you will only loss in bitcoin if you will sell lower and that was called panic selling because of that you will loss so don't sell with low price trading is profitable as long as you are a good trader.
That is the disadvantage of not having enough knowledge in trading because if you didn't know anything in trading then you will end up in getting losses of money and you will often do panic selling rather than holding your stocks of your altcoin or bitcoin. Trading is one of the best way to grow bitcoin but it needs knowledge and patience in understanding the market very well and it will make you a good trader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:18:05 PM

Hello folks!

I'm thinking about starting to trade with Bitcoin, but I see people saying that It's risky & almost like gambling.

For me trading Is for EXAMPLE, buying Bitcoin when It's at 550$ and selling It when It's at 670$. This Isn't risky because If Its value doesn't Increase, you'll just have to keep It until It gets higher enough, Is this trading?

You're Idea is right in trading it will be like gambling if you will go in blind trading where you buy an altcoin without researching and another you will only loss in bitcoin if you will sell lower and that was called panic selling because of that you will loss so don't sell with low price trading is profitable as long as you are a good trader.
That is the disadvantage of not having enough knowledge in trading because if you didn't know anything in trading then you will end up in getting losses of money and you will often do panic selling rather than holding your stocks of your altcoin or bitcoin. Trading is one of the best way to grow bitcoin but it needs knowledge and patience in understanding the market very well and it will make you a good trader.

Its is more risky if you don't know actually what happens into a market of manipulation . Perhaps when the time you start trading you should bear in mind the basics and how to do buy and sell while your emotions is given because you need to experience the common mistakes that leads to lose of a profit .You can't learn all of this as we know trading now but for beginners it needs step by step ,there is no instant skills without trying ang experience of having a trouble.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 03:36:37 PM

Hello folks!

Its is more risky if you don't know actually what happens into a market of manipulation . Perhaps when the time you start trading you should bear in mind the basics and how to do buy and sell while your emotions is given because you need to experience the common mistakes that leads to lose of a profit .You can't learn all of this as we know trading now but for beginners it needs step by step ,there is no instant skills without trying ang experience of having a trouble.

I agree that we should learn how whales manipulate the market so we can ride their waves.  This is kinda hard for a beginner but they can learn it if they dedicate their time.  This is the disadvantage of newbie trader, even with equipped basic knowledge, there is still a tendency for them to loss funds in trading.  It would be better if they can watch the market and study it first before jumping and buying anything.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Sled

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:41:28 AM

Hello folks!

I agree that we should learn how whales manipulate the market so we can ride their waves.  This is kinda hard for a beginner but they can learn it if they dedicate their time.  This is the disadvantage of newbie trader, even with equipped basic knowledge, there is still a tendency for them to loss funds in trading.  It would be better if they can watch the market and study it first before jumping and buying anything.
Joining the hype that is created by the whales are the one of the ways to make a lot of money in trading especially if they manipulating a low price coin and transform it to a expensive one. It may take time but it is easy to notice or recognize the whales in the market, just observe the charts and both buy and sell orders to determine if there is a whale that testing the depth of the water and if they do then eventually join them to make a lot of profit.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:32:09 AM

Forex is more complicated and very risky compare to altcoin trading, It needs a lot of time to study patterns and behavior of the price of currencies and commodities, The price variation also was very small so you will force to risk a huge multiplier so that you can have a chance to earn a decent profit. Unlike altcoin trading, You can have a high chance of gaining huge profit if you are good on predicting since altcoin price was volatile and easy to predict the waves of the trader that currently investing on a certain coin.

I agree! I've been studying how does forex works and upon following some experts signals you need to be alert all the times.

There are times that you need to follow their tips for a couple of minutes or else you will miss the chance of earning.

I will still rely with bitcoin/usd and alt coin trading, the market of this type of trading is very easy to understand.

And there are a lot of coins to choose but you don't have to have them all.

And I don't think we have any apps or bots in forex that we can use unlike in trading alt coins. That would require serious attention and you have to really make time to observe the market movement. It's simpler to do trading compared to forex

Well I haven't seen too and most of the traders there are just trading manually and just learning with the flow of it's market.

It's more easy to trade with bitcoin and alt coin unlike with forex, many seems to fail with this type of trading because it needs alertness, not really patience.

Because once you missed out any single movement for the price increase for the profit of your certain trade.

It's going to be a time for your loss but not all the time. The market of it is really hard to predict.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:26:04 PM

Hello folks!

I agree to your concept of trading but I for me the others are right because trading is very risky and at the same time hard. Yiu need to know all the things about trading. The way it works, the policies and even the opportunities. As I know trading become risky in a way that if you invest all of your money and then suddenly you met some people that aren't true and then you take a trade with him and at the same time you've been scammed. All of your money will lost and suddenly you will fall. For me that's is my opinion about trading is risky.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:33:22 AM

Hello folks!

Joining the hype that is created by the whales are the one of the ways to make a lot of money in trading especially if they manipulating a low price coin and transform it to a expensive one. It may take time but it is easy to notice or recognize the whales in the market, just observe the charts and both buy and sell orders to determine if there is a whale that testing the depth of the water and if they do then eventually join them to make a lot of profit.

trade for get profit, if you trade in a way and the right strategy, you'll get profit, you buy goods for resale, and you sell it at a higher price when you buy it, and you will benefit. when talking about risk, I think everything we do has risk, trading risk is of loss, if you trade in a way and a wrong strategy. trade does have risks, but investment also very risky . many ways to successfully trade, by observing the graph, the graph shows when the prices are high, you should sell it. so, Trade with well, and get a lot of advantages.do not be afraid to risk, because the risk, it would make you more careful.
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:30:48 AM

Trading in bitcoins is just  a pretty simple logic term.Trading is buying some thing or another coin from a low price you can get and then selling the coisn for profit big or small i doesnt matter as long as you are harvesting profit through it.Just like industry of buying and selling in the real world
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:41:44 AM

Trading in bitcoins is just  a pretty simple logic term.Trading is buying some thing or another coin from a low price you can get and then selling the coisn for profit big or small i doesnt matter as long as you are harvesting profit through it.Just like industry of buying and selling in the real world

It's very similar to trading in the stock market. The same principles apply but one advantage for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is that the trading fees are very low. The fees are usually much higher with stock market trading.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:16:13 AM

I would not say bitcoin trading is risky, it is just less risky than other platforms/commodities. Bitcoins has power to regain its value in less amount of time. This gives you bigger windows to trade on bitcoin's price. Yes, whatever you said buying at low and selling at high is the way to trade anything in the market. There are some complex methods as well, but they take years to understand fully. So for people like us, we trade in lower waves of market. Simple buying and selling of the bitcoin. If you want to get more out of bitcoins then for now just keep buying more bitcoins regardless of its price. This is because market research says bitcoin might reach 2000+ this year leading you booming profits. However, it carries risk so be careful about your trade volume. In anyway you can grab whatever you invested. So most probably you have little risk with bitcoin trades. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Sled

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:19:07 AM

Hello folks!

I agree that we should learn how whales manipulate the market so we can ride their waves.  This is kinda hard for a beginner but they can learn it if they dedicate their time.  This is the disadvantage of newbie trader, even with equipped basic knowledge, there is still a tendency for them to loss funds in trading.  It would be better if they can watch the market and study it first before jumping and buying anything.

trade for get profit, if you trade in a way and the right strategy, you'll get profit, you buy goods for resale, and you sell it at a higher price when you buy it, and you will benefit. when talking about risk, I think everything we do has risk, trading risk is of loss, if you trade in a way and a wrong strategy. trade does have risks, but investment also very risky . many ways to successfully trade, by observing the graph, the graph shows when the prices are high, you should sell it. so, Trade with well, and get a lot of advantages.do not be afraid to risk, because the risk, it would make you more careful.
Risk is not new in this kind of field because not also in trading or investment has a risk because you can encounter risk in every portion of our life or journey in making profits or money. To be able to make money or get profit, you should always be a risk taker and be ready for the possible worst case scenarios that might happen.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:05:38 PM

It's very similar to trading in the stock market. The same principles apply but one advantage for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is that the trading fees are very low. The fees are usually much higher with stock market trading.

Yes trading fees is not high like another trading in the market, that is why some people will do hourly trading with Bitcoin. And Bitcoin trading has one advantage if you wait for some time you will get good returns in present market rate. Trading means same buy things for a low price and sell it for some little margin.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:07:23 PM

I would not say bitcoin trading is risky, it is just less risky than other platforms/commodities. Bitcoins has power to regain its value in less amount of time. This gives you bigger windows to trade on bitcoin's price. Yes, whatever you said buying at low and selling at high is the way to trade anything in the market. There are some complex methods as well, but they take years to understand fully. So for people like us, we trade in lower waves of market. Simple buying and selling of the bitcoin. If you want to get more out of bitcoins then for now just keep buying more bitcoins regardless of its price. This is because market research says bitcoin might reach 2000+ this year leading you booming profits. However, it carries risk so be careful about your trade volume. In anyway you can grab whatever you invested. So most probably you have little risk with bitcoin trades. Smiley
yeah bitcoin trading is not risky there is a lot of people earn a big amount profit through bitcoin trading and bitcoin increasing its price everyday and bitcoin is profitable currency.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 08:10:50 AM

trades using coins as a means of transaction, trading is very risky because a coin is a very volatile price movements, and it is difficult to determine the market for small traders
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:05:47 PM

Hello folks!

You are almost right.But some times,big whales play their games,dump their bitcoins,create panic,make the price to fall,spread rumours,etc which creates a great fluctuation in bitcoin price.If you read the previous history of bitcoin price movements,you could get a clear idea.Good luck.
but to me i think now it has become difficult for the big whale to manipulate the price of bitcoin and chance the market. i think now it has become difficult for them because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:56:24 PM

trades using coins as a means of transaction, trading is very risky because a coin is a very volatile price movements, and it is difficult to determine the market for small traders

First, there's no investment that is risk free, since trading is a type of investment and you are the one to decide whether you'll sell or hold a little bit longer. You need to be responsible for it. The market is fluctuating and that's why it's very risky but once you are calm with every situation that can make you worry less.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:02:20 PM

Hello folks!

You are almost right.But some times,big whales play their games,dump their bitcoins,create panic,make the price to fall,spread rumours,etc which creates a great fluctuation in bitcoin price.If you read the previous history of bitcoin price movements,you could get a clear idea.Good luck.
but to me i think now it has become difficult for the big whale to manipulate the price of bitcoin and chance the market. i think now it has become difficult for them because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time.
yes that is also right. I am also feeling like the market cap is increased too much so that none of the whale is able to manipulate the market price but still if some whales collectively want to manipulate the price then they may do as they will need to buy some bitcoins at lower price.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:47:24 PM

Hello folks!

Its a risky thing because you will need to predict what is the price of the certain currency . for rxample, you bought a currency for 20$ and you didnt expect that it went down to 15$ .. You lose a 5$ because of that .. So you need to plan first before buying it because trading is so risky.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:03:52 PM

I am also feeling like the market cap is increased too much so that none of the whale is able to manipulate the market price but still if some whales collectively want to manipulate the price then they may do as they will need to buy some bitcoins at lower price.

The market capt doesn't mean anything when it comes to whales being able to manipulate the price. Important to know is that the things that greatly influence the price are the exchange from where the whale wants to manipulate the market from, and the number of available (tradable) coins in the market (specifically in the exchange the whale operates from). The market cap of Bitcoin is a combined number of every coin in existence. At this point I don't even think 20% of the total number of produced coins are circulating in the market. Says enough.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:18:06 PM

I am also feeling like the market cap is increased too much so that none of the whale is able to manipulate the market price but still if some whales collectively want to manipulate the price then they may do as they will need to buy some bitcoins at lower price.

The market capt doesn't mean anything when it comes to whales being able to manipulate the price. Important to know is that the things that greatly influence the price are the exchange from where the whale wants to manipulate the market from, and the number of available (tradable) coins in the market (specifically in the exchange the whale operates from). The market cap of Bitcoin is a combined number of every coin in existence. At this point I don't even think 20% of the total number of produced coins are circulating in the market. Says enough.
The market cap is very easily manipulated because it doesn't relate to the actual liquidity of an exchange.  People on an exchange can often change the market cap of a coin with just a few Bitcoin, sometimes even less, and the price changes very dramatically.  Even Bitcoin exchanges have insanely low liquidity right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: