Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:40:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New investigations board & restrictions on posting personal information  (Read 18563 times)
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:45:34 PM

Does this mean that no IRL identities can be posted outside of investigations? If this is not the case, then can theymos provide some clarification about what can be posted outside of investigations?

Very interesting question but if you look closely, you are not allowed to post it even in investigations thread, it's just an social engineering trap if I look at the results. For sure you did not miss me posting reuqested part here in this thread, I was banned for doing so by theymoss even if he was the one who wrote that it is allowed, only here.

Conclusion => its just a simple trap which could serve usefull, ie. to get the heat down, especially in accusations threads.

I would say it does not matter where or what you post, it only matters if your issues are ignored or not and we can clearly see this missusage of this forum. Looking at your rep level, I wouldnt say that you are on their list as 007 with license to lie, scam...., I dont think they will tolerate anybody doing it.

May I ask why would you want to publish someone's information? In my case it is clear, suchmoon and her friends used my IRL data in very illegal way. Now everybody does talk only about "why do you think its her", there is actually nobody who asks what was wrong on that which usually should be the case, it was ignored and still is. This is very interesting turnaround, especially the ammount of staff members involved and what they actually did. Isnt it the way, someone from board must approve you first. Who was it for suchmoon? Was it cyrus who took part on spreading lies about me and opening and allowing opening such threads including closing mine and removing my posts but at the same time totaly ignoring my reports? No connection at all Smiley ?

Maybe cyrus just did not want to look stupid to outside after he supported this so he decided to finish it? Then we have mprep who ignores the issue. Every mod reffers to theymoss because he is the highest court here. Well, theymoss then traps me by telling me about investigation thread, later banning for the same and forbidding me usage of a name where nobody of staff members could imagine that it is correct which followed in accusation that it is hardly to believe that theymoss wrote me such, until it was proven. Now there is silence.

It is really not hard to count 1+1, my advice would be, publish this info elsewhere and bring this information to discussion table here. This is BTW not forbidden or lets say undefined. Grab you python script available on git, upload documents to the chain and post your txid/wallet/.. , with that you will not break a single rule.

For me it is very alarming what is going on. theymoss controls the biggest part of cryptocommunity and he is not a person that would like to share it with somebody. Sadly exactly such intimidation cases are dangerous as they might become everydays business if they arent already. This is exactly the reason why it is alarming and why do always more and more people leave bitcointalk and threat it as some illegal spam forum, here it is only about intimidation, doxxing and arguing whit mods who allow/disallow it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:59:48 PM

I had a thread of mine moved to investigations that did not meet the above criteria because no references to any online identity were made in the thread.

I agree with your interpretation of the current rules. I moved it back.

This is a situation which I only vaguely considered when writing the rules, so maybe in the future I will change the rules to better address this.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:19:32 AM

I had a thread of mine moved to investigations that did not meet the above criteria because no references to any online identity were made in the thread.

I agree with your interpretation of the current rules. I moved it back.
Thanks. Hopefully there will be some discussion in that thread regarding the merits of moving his dox to the public soon.

Does this mean that no IRL identities can be posted outside of investigations? If this is not the case, then can theymos provide some clarification about what can be posted outside of investigations?

Very interesting question but if you look closely, you are not allowed to post it even in investigations thread, it's just an social engineering trap if I look at the results. For sure you did not miss me posting reuqested part here in this thread, I was banned for doing so by theymoss even if he was the one who wrote that it is allowed, only here.
In order to publish someone's dox, there needs to be some kind of trade dispute. If you are publishing suchmoon's personal information, then she should owe you, or someone else money, and should have paid that money sometime in the past. If you can establish that suchmoon has committed some kind of a tort against you that has inflicted serious financial damage, then there might be an argument for releasing her personal information, however I would think it most cases it would not be appropriate to do so.  I don't think suchmoon releasing your personal information, in itself a reason for you to release her information. I think suchmoon is a bit of a troll, and that she tends to take the side which has significantly more 'power' in disputes, which is not a quality that makes someone deserving of respect, however AFAICT, she is not a scammer, and I cannot condone the releasing of the personal information of a non-scammer without their consent.
boki15

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:27:22 AM

In order to publish someone's dox, there needs to be some kind of trade dispute. If you are publishing suchmoon's personal information, then she should owe you, or someone else money, and should have paid that money sometime in the past. ...

I would like to hear your explanation why did you let anybody release doxx on me? I scammed someone? Really??  Who? So, will the answer be that rules changed and it approves the doxx itself and excludes her from ban, but you do explain that she needs to steal 100btc before she is accused in public? Why do you ignore doxx on me at all like if it has never happened?

I dont think that I dont understand you, it seems to be all the time same problem, you judge about me because I accuse but nobody bothers about explanation why moderation and administration supported doxx on me. Was it maybe ordered too which would define again what this forum is about and its not about bitcoin and even less about its adaption, development or anything else.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:35:50 AM

In order to publish someone's dox, there needs to be some kind of trade dispute. If you are publishing suchmoon's personal information, then she should owe you, or someone else money, and should have paid that money sometime in the past. ...

I would like to hear your explanation why did you let anybody release doxx on me? I scammed someone? Really??  Who? So, will the answer be that rules changed and it approves the doxx itself and excludes her from ban, but you do explain that she needs to steal 100btc before she is accused in public? Why do you ignore doxx on me at all like if it has never happened?

I dont think that I dont understand you, it seems to be all the time same problem, you judge about me because I accuse but nobody bothers about explanation why moderation and administration supported doxx on me. Was it maybe ordered too which would define again what this forum is about and its not about bitcoin and even less about its adaption, development or anything else.
I did not let anyone release your dox, nor anyone else's dox. I am not aware of any scam accusations against you at this time. As I mentioned in the PM that I sent you, if you send me the exact name that you want removed, and the threads that contain your name, then I can make an attempt to get your name removed from those threads.

I don't think there is any minimum threshold of an amount stolen that is required for someone's dox to be released, although from a moral point of view, I do not think it is good idea to dox someone because of a dispute regarding a single very small trade. I think this really depends on the specific facts of the situation, but I think most of the time, it is not appropriate to dox someone for no reason other then they dox'ed you first, although there might be some exceptions to this depending on what exactly happened.
boki15

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:37:15 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 07:13:19 PM by boki15

@theymos

Why don't you rename this thread to
No investigations board - solved by silencing or not replying & non restrictions on posting personal information for your other trolls with license to break all rules.

First: Give us a list of your trolls who are allowed to break rules, I want to exclude these usernames in any thread that starts.
Second: Give us a list of forbidden names

@Quickseller
I vote for you to become Mod. Actually I dont know you more than "we had once to do with each other" but you are the only of this team who handled everything in right and expected way, no ignorance, no sliding away, no threats. Thanks, you have my vote and if theymos wouldn't be blind, you would be already in a team, not crime supporter cyrus who became admin.
gorgon666

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

Hey why does this guy get to post personal information about members?

Look at the trust for PedoMartinLawrenceVod, and Gerald8.

jazzhandzer

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Howdy!

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:53:58 AM

How do I report or suggest a thread to be moved or deleted from the forums for doxing?  I'm not sure I understand what steps to take but I would like someone to review a post from 3+ years ago where my personal information was posted even when I tried to negotiate paying at a later date but the lender insisted on posted my image and license in the thread so that anyone who looks up my "firstname lastname" on google gets all of that information as the first search result and google image result.    I don't have a criminal record and so wish I could have the images (at least) removed.   

Side note, the same guy that labeled me a scammer actually ended up scanning a large number of people out of a group buy and even though someone had his dox they refused to post them.  My information was posted over less than $75 I believe.   I was at fault for not being able to pay the lender back on the scheduled day but I was told the images were going to be posted that day no matter what..

Thanks for your help!  Sorry to bring back an old thread. 
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 07:33:46 AM

How do I report or suggest a thread to be moved or deleted from the forums for doxing?  I'm not sure I understand what steps to take but I would like someone to review a post from 3+ years ago where my personal information was posted even when I tried to negotiate paying at a later date but the lender insisted on posted my image and license in the thread so that anyone who looks up my "firstname lastname" on google gets all of that information as the first search result and google image result.    I don't have a criminal record and so wish I could have the images (at least) removed.   

Side note, the same guy that labeled me a scammer actually ended up scanning a large number of people out of a group buy and even though someone had his dox they refused to post them.  My information was posted over less than $75 I believe.   I was at fault for not being able to pay the lender back on the scheduled day but I was told the images were going to be posted that day no matter what..

Just use to the report to moderator link and ask that it be moved to the Reputation board.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
jazzhandzer

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Howdy!

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:30:02 PM

Just use to the report to moderator link and ask that it be moved to the Reputation board.

Thanks!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:55:05 PM

It looks like the investigations section allows for self moderated threads. I would think the intention would be to make these threads similar to scam accusations in that people are allowed to respond and self moderation is disabled.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16538

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2020, 08:22:11 AM

~"investigations" board (under Scam Accusations), which is only visible to Members and above.
Is it intentional that Copper Members can view and post in Investigations? I'm specifically thinking about this post.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████