Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 months - still unconfirmed  (Read 1415 times)
ZiNK19 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:35:34 PM

Hello all,

I need some help, but first let me explain my problem:

- I purchased bitcoins from CampBX exchange (mistake) and then transferred 0.7 BTC to another wallet address in May.

- CampBX does not give an option to send a transaction with a fee and at the time I did not know fees were a thing (havent used BTC in a couple years). I sent this transaction with 0 fee.

- So the transaction to this day hasn't been confirmed. I have reached out to CampBX for technical help and they have been useless and avoiding my tickets I submitted.

- For the first few weeks the transaction would fall-off and then rebroadcast. Eventually the transaction was removed from the blockchain.

- The only thing I know how to do is use PUSH TX to get it back on the network but then it never confirms so im back to square one.

This is the address: 1GGsszR332RUMTgk2iiQK5Qu25KeXToYym

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steven0021

Activity: 629
Merit: 501

Experientia docet

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:21:44 PM

Try CPFP by sending the bitcoins you received using more fee than usual. As the transaction is quite big, you might have to pay 0.002BTC fee or so.

Or, try contacting some pool operators and ask them to include that transaction in a block. They might ask for a reward though.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
ZiNK19 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:17:49 AM

Try CPFP by sending the bitcoins you received using more fee than usual. As the transaction is quite big, you might have to pay 0.002BTC fee or so.

Or, try contacting some pool operators and ask them to include that transaction in a block. They might ask for a reward though.

I've researched the different RBF/CPFP methods however I'm having a hard time understanding how to perform the CPFP.
Could you explain or provide a resource on how to execute such a transaction? What tools/software do I need?

Im a complete noob when it comes to manual transactions.

Thank you for your help!
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6565

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 01:21:26 AM

I've researched the different RBF/CPFP methods however I'm having a hard time understanding how to perform the CPFP.
Could you explain or provide a resource on how to execute such a transaction? What tools/software do I need?

Thank you for your help!
You can try using my fee booster software: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1506632.0. You just need to enter the raw of the stuck transaction, follow the instructions, and it will give you an unsigned transaction. Then you sign that transaction in your wallet and broadcast it. Instructions for signing the transaction depends on the wallet you use.

cheapcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:19:06 AM

You should contact that site's support, maybe he can help you. It is too slow for 3 months, first time to hear. I guess they didn't pay the miner fees.

ZiNK19 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:44:21 AM

Thank you for your help!
You can try using my fee booster software: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1506632.0. You just need to enter the raw of the stuck transaction, follow the instructions, and it will give you an unsigned transaction. Then you sign that transaction in your wallet and broadcast it. Instructions for signing the transaction depends on the wallet you use.

Question, if I do not have the private or public keys, since CampBX owns them and doesnt provide the option to recover them, can I still execute a CPFP?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:26:15 AM

Thank you for your help!

Question, if I do not have the private or public keys, since CampBX owns them and doesnt provide the option to recover them, can I still execute a CPFP?

CPFP means Chile Pays For Parent, or in other words you have received a transaction with low fee or with 0 fee then you "spend" that unconfirmed transaction by sending the coins to your other bitcoin address but include enough fees so that the fee can cover the new transaction and the old one and miners will include them both in block.

although this is about CPFP method and i have not enough information about knightdk method right now.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:33:46 AM

Thank you for your help!

CPFP means Chile Pays For Parent, or in other words you have received a transaction with low fee or with 0 fee then you "spend" that unconfirmed transaction by sending the coins to your other bitcoin address but include enough fees so that the fee can cover the new transaction and the old one and miners will include them both in block.

although this is about CPFP method and i have not enough information about knightdk method right now.

You need the private key in order to sign a transaction that has been made with the feebooster, so i don't think it'll solve OP's problem.
Like it has been said before, you can try CPFP (altough i tought not a lot of pools did this), or you can contact a pool operator.
I think Quickseller can help you, if i remember correctly, i've read somewhere that he can push your tx to one of the big pools (not sure tough)

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:44:53 AM

Thank you for your help!

You need the private key in order to sign a transaction that has been made with the feebooster, so i don't think it'll solve OP's problem.
Like it has been said before, you can try CPFP (altough i tought not a lot of pools did this), or you can contact a pool operator.
I think Quickseller can help you, if i remember correctly, i've read somewhere that he can push your tx to one of the big pools (not sure tough)

OP says "I purchased bitcoins from CampBX exchange (mistake) and then transferred 0.7 BTC to another wallet address in May" so i am assuming the wallet he says is a wallet that he owns so he should have the private keys to that "receiving wallet/bitcoin address" and that is the only private key you need to have.

eliguis pool was doing this last year, i am not updated on the matter.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:36:44 AM

OP says "I purchased bitcoins from CampBX exchange (mistake) and then transferred 0.7 BTC to another wallet address in May" so i am assuming the wallet he says is a wallet that he owns so he should have the private keys to that "receiving wallet/bitcoin address" and that is the only private key you need to have.

eliguis pool was doing this last year, i am not updated on the matter.

Sorry, must have missed that part... It's still early over here Smiley

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4612

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:06:06 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2016, 03:44:49 PM by DannyHamilton

You are getting a lot of nonsense advice here, due to the fact that those participating in signature ad campaigns are trying to make up reasonable sounding answers without knowing what they are talking about in order to get paid for creating posts that increase the visibility of their advertisements.

As the recipient of a bitcoin transaction from CampBX that pays insufficient fees to be confirmed quickly, you have a few options:

Option 1
Just wait and hope that the transaction eventually confirms. Of course all nodes on the network may forget the transaction after a while, so if you choose this option, it may never confirm.

Option 2
Store the raw transaction, and re-broadcast it every day.  This will remind the nodes on the network about the transaction so that they don't forget about it.  Eventually a very generous miner (or pool) may decide to confirm the transaction for you.  Since you are waiting on the generosity of miners and pools, you may have to wait a VERY long time.  I've seen this method get 0-fee transactions confirmed within a few hours, and I've seen it take months.  It is even possible that the transaction never confirms.

Option 3
Convince CampBX support to resend the transaction with a reasonable transaction fee.

Option 4
CFPF (Child Pays For Parent).  Since a transaction can't confirm unless all the inputs are confirmed, you can create an incentive for a miner to confirm the 0-fee transaction by spending the unconfirmed output of the transaction in a new transaction.  You can then make sure that the new transaction includes a high enough fee to provide an incentive to miners to confirm the two transactions.  The protocol will not allow the miner to confirm your new transaction (and collect the desirable fee) unless the previous 0-fee tranasction is also confirmed.  The higher the fee you pay in your new transaction, the more likely that a miner will choose to confirm both in order to get that fee.  Any wallet that allows: "coin control", the user to increase fees, and spending of unconfirmed outputs can be used to create such a transaction.  Also, if you supply the address that you want the bitcoins sent to and the fee you'd like to pay, any knowledgeable person here on this forum could create an unsigned transaction for you.  You would then just need to sign the transaction with your wallet and it could then be broadcast.  Unfortunatly, most miners and most pools have not implemented CPFP code.  Therefore, their software won't see the opportunity to increase their revenue by including the two transactions.  There are a few that have though, so you'd just have to wait for one of them to both notice the opportunity with your two transactions AND solve a block.

Option 5
Out of band request.  You can contact a large miner or mining pool and request that they confirm the 0-fee transaction for you.  To increase the likelihood that they will agree to do so, you can offer them a direct payment in exchange for the confirmation.  The protocol allows miners and mining pools to pick specific transactions to include in their blocks if they want to do so.  One pool that has been known to do this for people in the past is F2Pool.  Two bitcointalk.org members (Macbook-air AND Quickseller) both currently have the ability to push transactions directly into F2Pool blocks on request.

Option 6
You can set up a large mining farm, or your own mining pool.  Then you can choose which transactions get confirmed.  In doing so, you can confirm the 0-fee transaction yourself. For most people this option is unrealistic. Setting up a large enough farm or pool would require significant financial resources and technical ability.
ZiNK19 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:59:24 PM

You are getting a lot of nonsense advice here, due to the fact that those participating in signature ad campaigns are trying to make up reasonable sounding answers without knowing what they are talking about in order to get paid for creating posts that increase the visibility of their advertisements.

As the recipient of a bitcoin transaction from CampBX that pays insufficient fees to be confirmed quickly, you have a few options:

Option 1
Just wait and hope that the transaction eventually confirms. Of course all nodes on the network may forget the transaction after a while, so if you choose this option, it may never confirm.

Option 2
Store the raw transaction, and re-broadcast it every day.  This will remind the nodes on the network about the transaction so that they don't forget about it.  Eventually a very generous miner (or pool) may decide to confirm the transaction for you.  Since you are waiting on the generosity of miners and pools, you may have to wait a VERY long time.  I've seen this method get 0-fee transactions confirmed within a few hours, and I've seen it take months.  It is even possible that the transaction never confirms.

Option 3
Convince CampBX support to resend the transaction with a reasonable transaction fee.

Option 4
CFPF (Child Pays For Parent).  Since a transaction can't confirm unless all the inputs are confirmed, you can create an incentive for a miner to confirm the 0-fee transaction by spending the unconfirmed output of the transaction in a new transaction.  You can then make sure that the new transaction includes a high enough fee to provide an incentive to miners to confirm the two transactions.  The protocol will not allow the miner to confirm your new transaction (and collect the desirable fee) unless the previous 0-fee tranasction is also confirmed.  The higher the fee you pay in your new transaction, the more likely that a miner will choose to confirm both in order to get that fee.  Any wallet that allows: "coin control", the user to increase fees, and spending of unconfirmed outputs can be used to create such a transaction.  Also, if you supply the address that you want the bitcoins sent to and the fee you'd like to pay, any knowledgeable person here on this forum could create an unsigned transaction for you.  You would then just need to sign the transaction with your wallet and it could then be broadcast.  Unfortunatly, most miners and most pools have not implemented CPFP code.  Therefore, their software won't see the opportunity to increase their revenue by including the two transactions.  There are a few that have though, so you'd just have to wait for one of them to both notice the opportunity with your two transactions AND solve a block.

Option 5
Out of band request.  You can contact a large miner or mining pool and request that they confirm the 0-fee transaction for you.  To increase the likelihood that they will agree to do so, you can offer them a direct payment in exchange for the confirmation.  The protocol allows miners and mining pools to pick specific transactions to include in their blocks if they want to do so.  One pool that has been known to do this for people in the past is F2Pool.  Two bitcointalk.org members (Macbook-air AND Quickseller) both currently have the ability to push transactions directly into F2Pool blocks on request.

Option 6
You can set up a large mining farm, or your own mining pool.  Then you can choose which transactions get confirmed.  In doing so, you can confirm the 0-fee transaction yourself. For most people this option is unrealistic. Setting up a large enough farm or pool would require significant financial resources and technical ability.

Thank you kindly Wink I really appreciate it
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4612

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:03:40 PM

No problem.

If you'd like some assistance with any of the options (such as building a CPFP transaction, or contacting and arranging payment for a miner or pool let me know.  I'm happy to help.
ZiNK19 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:22:05 PM

No problem.

If you'd like some assistance with any of the options (such as building a CPFP transaction, or contacting and arranging payment for a miner or pool let me know.  I'm happy to help.

Update: Quickseller was able to push the transaction into a F2Pool block. 2 confirmations so far **does a happy dance**
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:16:48 PM

You should contact that site's support, maybe he can help you. It is too slow for 3 months, first time to hear. I guess they didn't pay the miner fees.

The thread starter has pointed out that support is ignoring him.

Radix - just imagine
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:05:32 PM

How come no one told this guy to do a -zapwallettx to remove all transactions and rescan? I have solved stuck transactions when it rarely happened to me (I was too cheap on the fee a couple times)
achow101
Legendary

Merit: 6565

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 02:48:17 PM

How come no one told this guy to do a -zapwallettx to remove all transactions and rescan? I have solved stuck transactions when it rarely happened to me (I was too cheap on the fee a couple times)
-zapwallettxes only works for transactions that you sent, not transactions that you receive.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: