Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:47:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoindentist.com - dentistry in Washington State  (Read 1222 times)
calian (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:13:16 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 07:21:33 AM by calian

I've been asking for it for a while now and I'm pleased to announce the first private dental practice accepting bitcoins in North America - bitcoindentist.com

My friends Drs. Nick and Kari Wilson are now accepting bitcoin payment for dental services at their practice in beautiful Anacortes, Washington. It's a scenic seaside town about an hours drive from Seattle or you can take the ferry down from Victoria, B.C.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:23:26 AM

If I ever find myself in that part of the country with a dental emergency I'll first ask myself "Why am I here and what happened to my teeth??!"

After that, I'll be sure to go to THE bitcoindentists.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
bitcoiner32

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:00:49 PM

I'm a dentist here in Iowa and I've had Bitcoin accepted for payment on our website for a month or two but haven't had any takers yet.

I just yesterday signed up with bitpay and started advertising on Facebook (140 people in my metro area "like" #bitcoin on Facebook). Also just got an account with localbitcoins.com and put in an ad there.

Any other suggestions? The wiki page i suppose. And I'm sure ill add the bitcoin logo to our yellow pages ad at our renewal next year. I saw a suggestion on the wiki to put a line for bitcoin in our statements.

Was thinking about starting a meetup maybe? Other thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: