Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: Liberty Reserve and WM Center exchange are not Bitcoin  (Read 1246 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:43:27 PM

I been reading on a lot of articles that are stating that these and a couple virtual currencies sites were seized because of bitcoin. This couldn't farther from the true and these incorrect statements are hurting the bitcoin community. This may seem like old news or a rant, and it is just a bit of house cleaning to keep us all on the same page.

Could this seize ever happen to bitcoins, NO, will this make bitcoins illegal NO. Could this seize happen to a Bitcoin company YES! Remember if your running a bitcoin company to just follow the regulations, I do it on every company I have built, and I have helped many people that I have built websites do it. Pay your taxes, and don't commit fraud, these are probably the hardest ones to do, cause bitcoin makes it really easy to hide funds. I believe in building this community off on the right foot, and not shooting ourselves in the foot. I have so many bitcoin ideas, that I could start today, and not care about regulations. I could buy a domain in the RU (Russia) or SX (Sint Maarten) and not use my real information, but I don't. I research out every regulation of the idea, and we really need to start doing this.

Two companies that I highly respect for doing this is Bitinstant and Trade Hill. They both could just throw up a website like many have down now and not play attention to regulations, but they do. By doing that they are growing a positive view of the community in the government eyes. I know one of the benefits of bitcoins is not to have regulations, but I think only in extreme situations like Cyprus this should be executed.

Just my little rant and views.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yocko06

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:59:08 PM

I agree with this all the way. Just because we can have the power to freedoms of money does not mean we need to use them to break laws. These powers are there as a safe gaurd so you are never left vunreble to extortion and theft in unfair situations. If we just abuse this power now before we really have it then it will be stomped on hard and fast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: