Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Public declaration of transaction  (Read 1002 times)
shibaji (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:25:58 PM

This is for a public declaration that I have purchased 30 BTC through ebay/paypal from instaBoost for usd 2050 (based on agreed upon pricing decided yesterday (Mar 23, 2013). Here is the ebay purchase link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/140940231656

My BTC payment address is 1G4FWK6U3qQb2ikgdcYZovLzyQ7xmWotBP , where instaBoost will transfer the bitcoins once the transaction settles.

I am yet to receive the BTC , when I do, I will update the thread. I will also invite instaBoost to update the thread on transaction details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dayasinfo

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:41:44 PM

Well... Let me be the first to say I hope you get them. I say this because he did kinda hurry uo with the posts eagerly trying to exchange with everyone.. Admins please make sure OP gets his trade
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:46:11 PM

Admins please make sure OP gets his trade

It isn't the admin (or mods) job to ensure the OP gets his trade.  It is the OP job and for the record it is highly likely the OP will get nothing.  False ebay listing by a brand new seller for a huge sum of money ... not to hard to see where this is going.

instaBoost

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:49:38 PM

Well... Let me be the first to say I hope you get them. I say this because he did kinda hurry uo with the posts eagerly trying to exchange with everyone.. Admins please make sure OP gets his trade

What the crap are you talking about? I have nothing to hide man.. please don't spew accusations because your bored

Donations: 12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
XRP: rDRho51t4StfNqEWrYKBAteJKyDeo5crZz
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:53:03 PM

It isn't the admin (or mods) job to ensure the OP gets his trade.  It is the OP job and for the record it is highly likely the OP will get nothing.  False ebay listing by a brand new seller for a huge sum of money ... not to hard to see where this is going.

instaBoost has listing in this forum as well. I had detailed transaction PM exchange with him - which I will post if something goes wrong. I had in fact offered to do paypal gift transaction, but he preferred regular (which incurs fees).

I did go through this for two reasons:

1. First is of course because I needed BTC
2. Want to gain trust, and prove that I can do safe PP transaction - I have done that with BCB - but through PP gift.

If things do not work out, this will serve as a log. I do not held anyone responsible for any bad outcome, other than the involved parties, and of course, when everything goes well, this thread will be good for both me and instaBoost.  I thank all the witnesses.

Thanks.
instaBoost

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:57:58 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 12:08:43 AM by instaBoost

instaBoost has listing in this forum as well. I had detailed transaction PM exchange with him - which I will post if something goes wrong. I had in fact offered to do paypal gift transaction, but he preferred regular (which incurs fees).

I did go through this for two reasons:

1. First is of course because I needed BTC
2. Want to gain trust, and prove that I can do safe PP transaction - I have done that with BCB - but through PP gift.

If things do not work out, this will serve as a log. I do not held anyone responsible for any bad outcome, other than the involved parties. I thank all the witnesses.

Thanks.

I agree. I wanted to build my rep on ebay as well and saw this as the best way... You need not worry mate, All I need to see is the funds clear and I'll send your coins immediately exactly like we spoke about.

shibaji (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:30:28 AM

instaBoost has informed me that his PP transaction clearance will appear on 4/16, and not the 3 days as agreed upon before. This will not work for me, as I am trying to collect BTC for ASIC purchase and ASICMINER share purchase, and a month delay will be too late.

So, I have given option to either trust me and send BTC now, with me publicly announcing this, OR cancel transaction an return money.

Will update based on what he chooses.
dayasinfo

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:46:30 AM

instaBoost has informed me that his PP transaction clearance will appear on 4/16, and not the 3 days as agreed upon before. This will not work for me, as I am trying to collect BTC for ASIC purchase and ASICMINER share purchase, and a month delay will be too late.

So, I have given option to either trust me and send BTC now, with me publicly announcing this, OR cancel transaction an return money.

Please elaborate on this 4/16 because I am a top ebay seller with proven track record and it never takes that long.. I'm totally confused on that and I think others can agree.. UNLESS HE IS A NEW SELLER. New sellers have the 30 day wait unless you leave good feedback. Now if he sees u paid for it.. and its on hold.. then why can't he send u the btc.. Just sayin... hence he will get it once u confirmed u got it on ebay via feedback.
Is this paypal funds.. bank transfer funded or cc funded?
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:51:02 AM

He is a new seller, payment will be on hold until 30 days OR the buyer leaves positive feedback.
If he sends the BTC  to shibaji now and shibaji leaves positive feedback funds will be available immediately for use/withdrawal.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:51:24 AM

Please elaborate on this 4/16 because I am a top ebay seller with proven track record and it never takes that long.. I'm totally confused on that and I think others can agree.. UNLESS HE IS A NEW SELLER. New sellers have the 30 day wait unless you leave good feedback. Now if he sees u paid for it.. and its on hold.. then why can't he send u the btc.. Just sayin... hence he will get it once u confirmed u got it on ebay via feedback.

He is a new seller, and based on latest PM, he has decided to cancel. Problem is that he wanted me to leave early feedback (before receiving BTC), which I do not want to do. I have also noticed that he has mentioned extended delivery time 21-25 days, which does not make sense for this kind of transaction, I have asked him why.

He has decided not to put trust one me, and not send BTC - which is fine. I am waiting for refund.

In any case, he said he will cancel transaction. So, will update again.
Projects

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:53:32 AM

Definately do not leave feedback before you receive else you will not be able to dispute the transaction.
If he did send you the BTC now and you left positive feedback the funds would be available immediately - I think that would be the best course of action, or a refund.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:55:17 AM

Definately do not leave feedback before you receive else you will not be able to dispute the transaction.
If he did send you the BTC now and you left positive feedback the funds would be available immediately - I think that would be the best course of action, or a refund.

Yes, I know. Thanks for your input.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:58:11 AM

Please tell me you did not send as a gift.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Projects

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:59:04 AM

He did not - even though he offered the OP declined and wished to do it through ebay.
So either the OP is a really bad scammer or being honest with the 30 day clearance for new seller and trying to cover his own back I guess.

dayasinfo

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:06:13 AM

Exactly... Same here with that thought
shibaji (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:06:57 AM

He did not - even though he offered the OP declined and wished to do it through ebay.
So either the OP is a really bad scammer or being honest with the 30 day clearance for new seller and trying to cover his own back I guess.

No, I did not. Please hold on to the speculations.

Projects - I am not sure what I am trying to cover, but thanks for your comments. I guess you had already checked me out about the China goldfish transaction - even though we could not come to terms - so even after that you think I am a scammer ?
instaBoost

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:07:33 AM

People relax...  I've already issued a refund. This is the exact reason I didn't want paypal in the first place. Waiting on OP to accept cancellation. Hope all is well

Projects

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:08:24 AM

No, I did not. Please hold on to the speculations.

Projects - I am not sure what I am trying to cover, but thanks for your comments. I guess you had already checked me out about the China goldfish transaction - even though we could not come to terms - so even after that you think I am a scammer ?

That is not what I said.
I was not directing my post at you... I did not realise you made the thread and not Insta - I apologise but still should be clear from what I wrote who I meant.
I have absoutely no reason to distrust you.

shibaji (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:27:31 AM

I have received the refund, and also guided instaBoost through proper ebay/paypal cancellation process.

It is unfortunate that instaBoost did not trust me to send the BTC, but I completely understand that.

Hopefully in this process instaBoost at least learned something about the ebay process, and I am glad I could help him in this regard - so that he can get the fees back.

All is well.

Also let me put in few add words:

Initially I did offer him paypal gift - and I did that since I did put in my trust in him. However, he failed to realize that, and insisted me doing regular transaction - which is completely reversible. instaBoost - here is another lesson for you - do not choose this path - you could not trust me to send the BTC, but you wanted the regular PP even with fees. Think about how incorrect this is.

In any case, instaBoost has his logo design store - he is new to the community like me, but yes I did trust him. He also mentioned that the 21-25 day shipping is a mistake on his part. He is still learning.

I sincerely thank everyone watching this thread, and your valuable comments. Although with this episode, instaBoost did not find any reason to trust me, I on the contrary did not find anything to distrust him. Yes, there were bare minimum protection, like not giving +ve ebay feedback before I receive the BTC (deliverables), but that is incorrect to do in any case before I receive what I am supposed to.

instaBoost - again - do not do a regular PP transaction if you do not trust the person such that you will not deliver BTC you have sold :-) Just a friendly advice, a real scammer would have happily waited till April 16, and then chargeback.

Best wishes to all.

On to my search for BTC.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 02:14:43 AM

btcrow.com

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: