Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't fall for reputation on Local bitcoins, got scammed by high reputed trader  (Read 110 times)
rawcrypt (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:40:18 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 11:17:36 AM by rawcrypt

I found this guy on local bitcoins named Nimesh he has a very good reputation there..! He called me on whatsapp and asked me to transcat directly via whatsapp to avoid fee.. first deal went smooth. After a month on second deal he shown his true colors.
I sent him 0.4 btc to his given address.
https://blockchain.info/address/32sbjtAia13RdH9MUsBhuJSqnEfN3h6aq7
Then this guy started asking me different questions like show ID proof, show how you obtained the btc, show the source of btc and all. I sadly sent him all the details.

I know there is only a very small chance of getting this man where he deserves to be. But I'm willing to take that chance. Any support or guide will be appriciated from the community. I do have his bank details that he must have forged too. I dont get how someone can be so confident in scamming others.

Sad part is his reputation on LBC is around 100% he calls his clients and asks them to avoid lbc to save fee and transact directly via whatsapp. People will often fall for his deal. But he's seasoned scammer.

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Nimesh/feedback/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:01:14 PM

I found this guy on local bitcoins named Nimesh he has a very good reputation there..! He called me on whatsapp and asked me to transcat directly via whatsapp to avoid fee.. first deal went smooth. After a month on second deal he shown his true colors.
Then this guy started asking me different questions like show ID proof, show how you obtained the btc, show the source of btc and all. I sadly sent him all the details.

I know there is only a very small chance of getting this man where he deserves to be. But I'm willing to take that chance. Any support or guide will be appriciated from the community. I do have his bank details that he must have forged too. I dont get how someone can be so confident in scamming others.

Sad part is his reputation on LBC is around 100% he calls his clients and asks them to avoid lbc to save fee and transact directly via whatsapp. People will often fall for his deal. But he's seasoned scammer.

Nothing new. We have had such stories many times before. Seasoned traders always stick to LocalBitcoins and pay the LBC commission. It seems funny to me that after being scammed outside of LocalBitcoins, people still blame LBC!

Regarding finding the scammer: As u have his whatsapp no., post it out here. We may trace him back from the no. itself.

Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:12:01 PM

Profile: http://archive.is/jZL5o

Mobile No.: 7003593152 (Reliance Jio and hence Aadhaar is already associated)

Our forum member Suman Chatterjee aka legendster is from Kolkata. U may contact him to nab him down. Also, provide the bank details that you collected from Nimesh.

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
chetanbhawani

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 12:20:58 PM

That's a big problem with the direct dealing. I wouldn't want to deal that way with anyone and I am happy paying the fee in one of the exchanges because I am at least guaranteed to get the money.

Also, there's no reason to blame LocalBitcoins as it has many ways of working and once you made the mistake of dealing privately, it is your mistake and not of the website.
Dracarys26

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:28:36 PM

You got in the mess coz you did not use Localbitcoins and had a direct dealing to avoid fees. How is there an issue with using Localbitcoins here?
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:19:15 AM

Localbitcoin is escrow based payment yet it is better to rely on Indian exchangers like Zebpay and Unocoin. if u do deals with contacts outside Localbitcoin esrow it is very risky how trusty it may look at the real at the time of transaction
Real14Hero

Activity: 952
Merit: 576

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:53:27 AM

So what was the fault of localbitcoins in this? Your title is inappropriate and should be changed to come thing more comprehensive, it was your mistake that you chose not to use escrow. There is very little that could be done now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: