Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else from Avalon batch 1 hasn't received a unit or shipping information?  (Read 19353 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fullsurface

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:30:41 AM

Thanks man. Where losing a lot coins  Angry Angry Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 01:07:55 PM

I read here often that you called DHL to ask them if packages are on the way to your address. How did you do this? I now tested it in germany, asked them if are packages underway to my address and they told me they cant tell me that info. Then i asked if its possible when i give the source-address but they didnt want to give it out without shipping number.

The question is... some claimed that they can find out that there are packages on the way to them and even get the sending number. Is this true? I couldnt do this.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:20:37 PM

The question is... some claimed that they can find out that there are packages on the way to them and even get the sending number. Is this true? I couldnt do this.
It depends on the DHL staff member. Every time you call, you'll get someone else. Some have been very persistent by calling again and again until they got a shipment number by using the sender address of batch one, which was posted a while ago.

Once you have the shipment number, you can do track & trace on the web.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
melmo

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:23:08 PM

I read here often that you called DHL to ask them if packages are on the way to your address. How did you do this? I now tested it in germany, asked them if are packages underway to my address and they told me they cant tell me that info. Then i asked if its possible when i give the source-address but they didnt want to give it out without shipping number.

About a month ago I was calling DHL everyday, but have since given up.  At first I was able to just give my address and they would look up deliveries, but the last couple of times I called they would only look up my name and wouldn't do the address search.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 01:29:59 PM

About a month ago I was calling DHL everyday, but have since given up.  At first I was able to just give my address and they would look up deliveries, but the last couple of times I called they would only look up my name and wouldn't do the address search.

What do you mean with your last sentence? First they checked when you gave your address only and the last times you have to give your name too? Or wasnt it possible anymore then?

melmo

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

What do you mean with your last sentence? First they checked when you gave your address only and the last times you have to give your name too? Or wasnt it possible anymore then?

At first they asked for my address and name.  The last couple of times they wanted only my name, and when I asked if they could search by my address I was told "no", even though I had been doing it for several weeks.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 02:15:36 PM

The security-man from dhl wrote me that it should be a difference between dhl parcel and dhl express. For dhl parcel a change in address isnt possible he claims. A change is only possible if the customer has a post-number and the sender has put this number on the packet. And the receiver has to go through post-ident beforehand. Thats pretty secure because your id is checked and so on. Such registered customers can login at a website and change the address.

The only other possibility is to do a change of address contract. The receiver then gets a confirmation letter about this change of address contract. When the receiver isnt happy with this he can stop this contract.

So that looks safe for me then. Maybe the only problem is with dhl express then. He says that with dhl express a change of destination can be done. He claims again that only the sender or payer can make a change of address. The receiver only can do this when a unsuccessful try to deliver happened. Thats only possible if the sender gives the full address of sender and receiver and the sending number. The receiver only can change the target when he has the notification code or the sending number (with knowledge about sending and destination address).

He then claims that a third person can get the sending number when he knows the sender and receiver address. The reason for this is because only the sender knows the sending number. And they dont give out this number for data security reasons.

So for me it looks like the problem is with dhl express and that someone only has to find out the sending number. I only get normal parcels from dhl in the next days so i cant test it. But when you say its possible to get this number i will give them a link. They should run some tests about this.

At first they asked for my address and name.  The last couple of times they wanted only my name, and when I asked if they could search by my address I was told "no", even though I had been doing it for several weeks.

And where they possible to find a package only with your name? Or did you gave the sender address beforehand? Maybe they changed already something internally because of the ruckus around this?

melmo

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:49:49 PM

And where they possible to find a package only with your name? Or did you gave the sender address beforehand? Maybe they changed already something internally because of the ruckus around this?

Nope, they were never able to find a package with my name, and I haven't received anything from Avalon yet.   A few times I asked if the sender's address would be useful, but none of the customer service reps wanted to get that info from me.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:07:49 PM

Who got?
melmo

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:23:01 PM

Who got?

Not me.
Fullsurface

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:19:25 AM

bump
anti76

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:34:32 AM

Has not yet received any answers about my order №200000846.

BitSyncom when the delivery?
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:25:12 AM

You probably got thrown into batch 3 customers..

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
melmo

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

You probably got thrown into batch 3 customers..

It would be nice if Avalon at least told us that.
Begru

Activity: 334
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:17:00 AM

Avalon is quiet.
Not response to anything.
Not to ticket.
Not to forum.
Payed a lot of BTC an $ for Batch1 and missing partially units.

AVALON, be a fair partner and give us answer where are the missing units!!!
But we know this will help nothing if we ask friendly....if we will ask unfriendly...this will also not help

AVALON IS DEAF
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:09:15 PM

Avalon is quiet.
Not response to anything.
Not to ticket.
Not to forum.
Payed a lot of BTC an $ for Batch1 and missing partially units.

AVALON, be a fair partner and give us answer where are the missing units!!!
But we know this will help nothing if we ask friendly....if we will ask unfriendly...this will also not help

AVALON IS DEAF

I already thought about going to chinese subforum and pay someone there that is going to visit them. Its unbelievable that even their payment provider cant get in contact with them. Or zefir, who lost 782.1BTC because a payment took longer than 8 hours to confirm.
Something must happen. Im not sure why they do like nothing is happening out there. What must happen that they get that this non existing support is a problem? A demonstration before their companies rooms?

melmo

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:18:22 PM

I already thought about going to chinese subforum and pay someone there that is going to visit them. Its unbelievable that even their payment provider cant get in contact with them. Or zefir, who lost 782.1BTC because a payment took longer than 8 hours to confirm.
Something must happen. Im not sure why they do like nothing is happening out there. What must happen that they get that this non existing support is a problem? A demonstration before their companies rooms?

Wait a second, you can visit them?  It's probably worth the airfare, but of course you would have to actually be in communication with them so they have units ready for pickup.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 10:24:13 PM

Wait a second, you can visit them?  It's probably worth the airfare, but of course you would have to actually be in communication with them so they have units ready for pickup.

I cant visit him easily. So i wrote i thought about searching someone in chinese subforum here at bitcointalk that lives near avalon. So that this person can visit them and ask the questions that should be asked.
I dont want to pickup, i only have questions. And since they dont speak with their customers anymore i thought of this way to contact them...
Its pretty useless trying to get in contact. I think i got lucky when i opened a help-thread at bitcointalk but emailing avalon, or emailing directly yifu, opening a ticket or spam the irc channel didnt work for me yet. I can understand that people slowly get angry.

KGambler

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:05:14 AM

This is disgusting - they can't be bothered to answer a damn email???
anti76

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:30:53 AM

I want an answer - will be delivered within a week or not?

BitSyncom you still every day on the forum. reply.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: