Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:00:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement from Avalon  (Read 3895 times)
jermwerty (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:37:41 AM

As a B#2 customer I just received this email update - my first email ever since the original order confirmation:

Batch one have mostly finished shipping, aside from a small number of orders with incomplete/wrong address or phone numbers. We've been getting these orders back from our shipper and getting in touch with people to update their information, this is a fairly quick process. If you have not gotten your order, especially people in Germany or Iceland that uses special characters in their addresses. I highly suggest you open a ticket with our support indicating your order number, full address with phone numbers, so if there is a problem we can pull up new information quickly and let shipping proceed. This also applies to batch two customers, please make sure your phone number is correct, and there is no typo in the address.

Speaking of batch two, we are unfortunately going to be late. This should not be too surprising as the delay from batch one will no doubt carry over. This delay also caused us to make drastic adjustments to our project timeline dealing with anything with a lead time like parts purchasing. We plan to start shipping majority of batch two orders starting on 15th of April. Not all the news is bad news however, originally around this period we are suppose to take this time to organize, make some changes and install a brand new SMT line in our facility. This upgrade will effectively double our production capacity, it enable us to put Avalon into the hands of our customer even faster. The new line is currently scheduled to come online during the last week of April. We expect batch two and three to ship much faster than batch one mainly there is no Chinese New Year and we have overcome the problems encountered in shipping batch one.

On to batch three, we at Avalon did not even wish to sell another batch. If you recall, our original plan was to produce only one batch, sell chips to thwart the centralization of mining, but due to the lackluster performance of our competitors we are here today as the exact centralization we tried to decouple. In addition, this delay is eating into our timeline for this project's future goals and various other projects. To be frank: it was a simple decision of build a mining farm ourselves and mine for a month or so to get the funding for things like the SMT line and next generation development vs. raise the price and sell units trying to get the money earlier to counterbalance the delay we have had. So, we came up with some terms and left the choice to the community.

More details on the F.A.Q. section of the Site. There will also be a follow up newsletter on chips for sale and the trade-in program.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hchc

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:40:53 AM

And the associated FAQ:

What form of payment do your accept, and where in the world do you ship?

The only form of payment accepted is Bitcoin, we ship worldwide.

If I purchase Avalon Unit right now when can I expect to receive my unit?

At the time of writing Batch #3 is expect to start shipping early May.

How is each batch’s unit price determined?

The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins. See this site for more details.

How can I find the latest firmware and documentation on the Avalon Unit?

The firmware, documentation and various other information is located on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon

Is there any plan to sell just the ASIC themselves and let others build their own units?

Yes, if you are interested and is ready to purchase 10,000 chips or more. ( the 65Gh/s unit has 240 chips. ) Please contact init.d (at) bitsyn.com for more information.

==============

Does that means batch #3 price will decrease to 75btc? Smiley

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:43:17 AM

sounds like 75 BTC. One thing I didn't see you mention was
Decide on 8:30AM EST, 3/25/2013.

on the newsletter..

what does that mean?
Regards

Avalanche is a must own
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 04:43:39 AM

Thank you.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:49:31 AM

1. Thanks for the update
2. Fuck you AVALON! fucking liars ..will there ever be a company that doesnt lie about when expected shiping dates will be...fuck... 1.5months late on batch 2..seriously?!
I guess u arent as bad as BFL... but shit... would appreciate an honest company someday...ugh

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
vnon

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:52:27 AM

on the newsletter..

what does that mean?
Regards

No idea... A poll to decide whether they mine or sell the units at the more expensive price? Interesting. I find the specificity of 830am a bit odd considering that most people won't even read the email before then.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:53:46 AM

How is each batch’s unit price determined?

The price of each unit is the current mining difficulty which at the time of writing, just got readjusted to about 6,695,826. We take that number and multiply it by two ( predicting the network speed will double. ) and calculate the return in a thirty day window, which is about 75 bitcoins. See this site for more details.

600 batch 2 and 1000 batch 3 are 105Thash/s, this would be already enough to triple the difficulty. (What about BFL, Asicminer, bitfury, helvticoin? what about Avalon deploy the machine themselves?)

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:56:12 AM

on the newsletter..

what does that mean?
Regards

No idea... A poll to decide whether they mine or sell the units at the more expensive price? Interesting. I find the specificity of 830am a bit odd considering that most people won't even read the email before then.

Understandably this is a business decision that supports a road map they have set in order to provide competitive products that will compete with other companies entering the hardware manufacturing arena.

nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:00:14 AM

on the newsletter..

what does that mean?
Regards

Poll isn't intended for their north american audience; mostly the chinese ones.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:01:46 AM

So I hope they ship at least the first wave of batch2 before going out on vacation. Am I right, yes ?  Wink

before asic ----------20-25ghs
asicminer -----------12ghs
300x66ghz avalons---20ghz

current hashrate   54,227.62 GH/s

BFL asics, hashrate not affected
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:03:28 AM

I find the specificity of 830am a bit odd considering that most people won't even read the email before then.

It's the same time that batch 2 went on sale.  In fact, Batch 2 initially sold on a Monday as well.  I can't comment on Batch 1, though it's likely it proceeded the same as well.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:06:11 AM

1. Thanks for the update
2. Fuck you AVALON! fucking liars ..will there ever be a company that doesnt lie about when expected shiping dates will be...fuck... 1.5months late on batch 2..seriously?!
I guess u arent as bad as BFL... but shit... would appreciate an honest company someday...ugh

Careful now.  Upset Bitsyncom and your order may mysteriously disappear, be lost in customs, have an address malfunction, or any myriad of problems.  You must show respect!
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:08:12 AM

batch #3 is 500 units. and sales will begin at that time.

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 05:08:33 AM

on the newsletter..

what does that mean?
Regards

Poll isn't intended for their north american audience; mostly the chinese ones.

I don't think it is a poll, that may be when the sale goes live.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:25:47 AM

I got this news letter too.
Looks what we can do is waiting. Nothing else.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 05:27:14 AM

Wow they actually guessed the exact time i was gonna be hurling rubber penguins at my screen!

(disgruntled ex potential customer - locked out from price hike)

Besides the major gripe about the price hike. $6300!!!!! **** Gotta keep it 100!!! At least avalon came thru, ill give em that! I think batch two peeps got it worst.. the delay is at a critical time..

Can you IMAGINE a delay on batch 3!!!!

que off pitch piano>   DUN DUN DUN

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:36:37 AM

Yeah, the batch 2 delay is brutal. ASICMiner is talking about rolling out 50Th in April. Roll Eyes

BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:52:27 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 06:10:58 AM by BKM

With respect, as someone relatively new to the game..... may I offer the following insights and comments:

• The timing and structure of this sale prevents a newcomer to the BTC economy such as myself from gaining access - I needed to sell stocks, settle the trade, transfer money to a bank account, wire money to Mt Gox and then finally get BTC to fund a purchase of Avalon equipment. Total delay estimated at 8 - 10 business days - not your problem I know, but worth mentioning perhaps
  • Despite issues of timing, if I take the $16,000 investment for 2 x 85 Gh/s (ttl 170 Gh/s) from Avalon and (ahem) pre-order BFL machines now for an estimated total of 720 Gh/s purchase AND allow for in excess of doubling of difficulty from 12,000,000 to 25,000,000 for delayed delivery I show a total return of $125,000 for Avalon and $273,000 for BFL respectively based on a time frame of 12 months
  • NB- I have a window of recourse with my credit card company and perhaps paypal should BFL not show sufficient evidence within the next 30 days that they will deliver product - no such opportunity or recourse exists with Avalon
Clearly, I have opted to order from your competitor.

Should your value proposition and business model shift to a more competitive stance in the future I look forward to having the option to become an Avalon customer as well.

Best of luck with Batch #3 and beyond and thank you for your groundbreaking contribution to the future of Bitcoin for all.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:53:07 AM

Yeah, the batch 2 delay is brutal. ASICMiner is talking about rolling out 50Th in April. Roll Eyes
Really?! they are still makin more asics? psh...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 06:21:10 AM

With respect, as someone relatively new to the game..... may I offer the following insights and comments:

• The timing and structure of this sale prevents a newcomer to the BTC economy such as myself from gaining access - I needed to sell stocks, settle the trade, transfer money to a bank account, wire money to Mt Gox and then finally get BTC to fund a purchase of Avalon equipment. Total delay estimated at 8 - 10 business days - not your problem I know, but worth mentioning perhaps
  • Despite issues of timing, if I take the $16,000 investment for 2 x 85 Gh/s (ttl 170 Gh/s) from Avalon and (ahem) pre-order BFL machines now for an estimated total of 720 Gh/s purchase AND allow for in excess of doubling of difficulty from 12,000,000 to 25,000,000 for delayed delivery I show a total return of $125,000 for Avalon and $273,000 for BFL respectively based on a time frame of 12 months
  • NB- I have a window of recourse with my credit card company and perhaps paypal should BFL not show sufficient evidence within the next 30 days that they will deliver product - no such opportunity or recourse exists with Avalon
Clearly, I have opted to order from your competitor.

Should your value proposition and business model shift to a more competitive stance in the future I look forward to having the option to become an Avalon customer as well.

Best of luck with Batch #3 and beyond and thank you for your groundbreaking contribution to the future of Bitcoin for all.

How are you modelling this?

Unless you have a good model of what the mining difficulty will be between the moment you start to mine and twelve months later, you can't estimate the btc earned. Further, unless you know what the exchange rate will be during that time period, you won't be able to calculate total return in dollars.

I wouldn't go making plans based on the figures you provide.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: