Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Fork BitcoiniX discussions  (Read 783 times)
Nasakiotoes (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:40:50 PM

Im just brainstorming here.

#1 Reason to fork bitcoin is to remove the Ninja mined Satoshi coins. See what I did there, the parallels to the eth attackers coins...

Opposite direction from
No really, I'm sure you've thought that an Ixcoin 2.0 reboot would allow for some extra freebees given to the ixcoin foundation for future developments.

Step 1. Fork bitcoin

Step 2. Add in ixcoin merge mined code etc

Step 3. Add in a special address with new foundation coins.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:49:57 PM

ninja mined coins? those were necessary to mine to support the nertwork, and since bitcoin was worth zero at that time, i see no comparison with etheruem
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 05:52:58 PM

This seems to be a fork with the sole objective of blacklisting coins and/or diminishing the total supply, thus this fork is effectively an altcoin (this thread will most likely be moved)
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:29:02 PM

(this thread will most likely be moved)

Correct.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 06:35:20 PM

Lol, step 2 is funny. If BTC is going to be the auxilliary, then who's the parent?

Why even move this thread, just delete this clueless bullshit..

Kellor

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:47:12 PM

Satoshi did not ninja mine the coins. He was there to support the network. Satoshi's coin should be kept.
Nasakiotoes (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:25:03 PM

Im not calling for removing satoshi's coins.

But since we are on that topic if you applied the same scrutiny to bitcoin that we do with alts then yeah, bitcoin was stealth mined. Yes satoshi needed to support the network but he also could have burned the initial big blocks of coins, who knows, his coins might be lost already due to loss of priv keys.

Eth is brought up as an an example of a blacklist.

But Really i was bringing up the idea of adding in coins to a special foundation account for future development, which would be a premine of some sort.

Nasakiotoes (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:28:12 PM

Lol, step 2 is funny. If BTC is going to be the auxilliary, then who's the parent?

Bitcoinix merged with bitcoin.

Why can't bitcoin fork and add mege mining to one of the chains and merge with itself?

Nasakiotoes (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:30:03 PM

This seems to be a fork with the sole objective of blacklisting coins and/or diminishing the total supply, thus this fork is effectively an altcoin (this thread will most likely be moved)

This thread is for discussions of a hypothetical topic.

scamrise

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:45:54 PM

i dont like fork
i dont like etherium
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:14:24 PM

i'm sure satoshi woulda been absolutely delighted to share mining with as many people as possible as early as possible. it's extremely easy to forget how nothing it was when it got started. and I don't buy this million coin thing.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 12:27:19 AM

Why can't bitcoin fork and add mege mining to one of the chains and merge with itself?

That's even worse

MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 11:30:25 AM

Satoshi did not ninja mine the coins. He was there to support the network. Satoshi's coin should be kept.

Surely satoshi has earned those coins by creating bitcoin in first place?Should he work for free??

█████████████████████
Nasakiotoes (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:32:36 PM

That's even worse

Thanks for all the explanation spots. Even though I've witnessed many taking a shot at you over the years for being a coin cloner, I've never said anything. You are the guy that makes lots and lots of clones only to drop all your shit on the scene right? Well why don't you have an actual opinion other then 3 words you goof.

Nasakiotoes (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:34:27 PM

Surely satoshi has earned those coins by creating bitcoin in first place?Should he work for free??

Im not calling for removing satoshi's coins.

But since we are on that topic if you applied the same scrutiny to bitcoin that we do with alts then yeah, bitcoin was stealth mined. Yes satoshi needed to support the network but he also could have burned the initial big blocks of coins, who knows, his coins might be lost already due to loss of priv keys.

Eth is brought up as an an example of a blacklist.

But Really i was bringing up the idea of adding in coins to a special foundation account for future development, which would be a premine of some sort.

Remember reading? It works great.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: