Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best Bitcoin hardware wallet?  (Read 2003 times)
blg42598 (OP)

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:56:11 PM

Which is the best Bitcoin hardware wallet?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:00:52 PM

Case hardware wallet and they consider their wallet as The world's most secure and easy-to-use bitcoin wallet
It use biometrics and It's a multi-signature wallet (I like the design compared to other hardware wallets as well) : https://choosecase.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 07:06:37 PM

Which is the best Bitcoin hardware wallet?

If you only need to store bitcoin Trezor has the most options for users. Ledger Nano S is in second place because you cannot yet use it with a phone or protect accounts with passphrases. If you need to store Ether and Ether Classic in addition to bitcoin Ledger Nano S is your only choice at the moment.

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:03:14 PM

Case hardware wallet and they consider their wallet as The world's most secure and easy-to-use bitcoin wallet
It use biometrics and It's a multi-signature wallet (I like the design compared to other hardware wallets as well) : https://choosecase.com/

That looks really cool. I had never seen it. I've only seen KeepKey, Trezor, and Ledger. But this is a standalone wallet. When was this released?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 11:19:00 PM

That looks really cool. I had never seen it. I've only seen KeepKey, Trezor, and Ledger. But this is a standalone wallet. When was this released?

Case started shipping last October. Still costs $199, I bought one to try out but never use it. One more thing to carry. Breadwallet works just fine on my phone and also has fingerprint authentication.

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:43:24 AM

Case started shipping last October. Still costs $199, I bought one to try out but never use it. One more thing to carry. Breadwallet works just fine on my phone and also has fingerprint authentication.

I do need a secure wallet, I was thinking cold storage but it's a long process to use them. Case seems like a really good option. I just feel like it may be outdated with a newer hardware wallet soon.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:18:27 AM

Sadly case still not list on https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
I know case for a year ago and it's secure with their features.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:49:02 PM

Trezor has a 20% off sale

https://twitter.com/BitcoinTrezor/status/763422042515529728
pcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:29:19 PM

There are lists of bitcoin hardware well compiled here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0 you may check them out and take your own decision.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:34:39 PM

How about electrum but never tested it yet.. do you think guys if you convert your electrum lite into hardware you will use smooth experience and more features?

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 07:05:30 PM

How about electrum but never tested it yet.. do you think guys if you convert your electrum lite into hardware you will use smooth experience and more features?

Electrum works very well with Trezor see https://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-apps/electrum.html remember you have to set up Trezor first at mytrezor.com then follow the directions to use Electrum with Trezor.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 07:08:44 PM

I do need a secure wallet, I was thinking cold storage but it's a long process to use them. Case seems like a really good option. I just feel like it may be outdated with a newer hardware wallet soon.

Case is a multisignature wallet. You can buy a Trezor right now at a discount and use it with Mycelium on your phone if you like. You will always have sole possession of your private keys stored safely away in the Trezor.

social crypto coin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:20:03 AM

The best for me is ellectrum
because fast syncronize or without syncronize
another platform mycelium or multibit syncronize is take a long time
iam use only recomended bitcoin . org, except wallet online blockchain although is now not write in bitcoin org still iam use
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 01:07:06 AM

The best for me is ellectrum
because fast syncronize or without syncronize
another platform mycelium or multibit syncronize is take a long time
iam use only recomended bitcoin . org, except wallet online blockchain although is now not write in bitcoin org still iam use
Those wallets are not hardware wallets. Those are desktop wallets. Please read the thread and understand what it is about before posting.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 02:27:10 AM

Sadly case still not list on https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
I know case for a year ago and it's secure with their features.

Costs too much. If you have an Android phone running Marshmallow Breadwallet uses your fingerprint to authorize, just like Case, and uses hardware level encryption. If you have an iPhone or newer Android Breadwallet is a good choice. I would have no problem keeping 10 bitcoin or more in Breadwallet. Trezor has a sale on now so you can pick one up for $79 using the code bitfinex, and it works great with Mycelium on Android.

MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:18:36 AM

I have three recommendations.

If you don't have a high budget buy a Ledger Nano/Ledger HW.1 (HW.1 is exactly the same but may not be of as high build standard as the former)

But if you have more funds, buy a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S (I prefer the Trezor as it isn't HD)

Or you can wait for the Trezor 2 Cheesy

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:04:50 AM

If you don't have a high budget buy a Ledger Nano/Ledger HW.1 (HW.1 is exactly the same but may not be of as high build standard as the former)

But if you have more funds, buy a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S (I prefer the Trezor as it isn't HD)

I think I'll wait for Trezor 2
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:24:39 AM

I think I'll wait for Trezor 2

Exactly my thinking. I'm holding some funds just for the momentous occasion. Maybe the first Trezor will drop in price, as it only costs $19, but you have to add $100 for development and research

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 01:22:24 PM

Trezor itself is not a wallet but it does support BIP32 and HD wallets. It holds your bitcoin private keys securely offline and signs transactions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: