Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:24:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Any counter-proof that Satoshi Nakamoto did not design a ponzi scheme on purpose?
Yes (i've provided my Occam Razor proof in comments) - 15 (19.2%)
No (it can't be refuted) - 9 (11.5%)
I don't know - 5 (6.4%)
I don't care - 16 (20.5%)
STFU - 21 (26.9%)
I hate you - 9 (11.5%)
Other (described in comments) - 3 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any counter-proof that Satoshi Nakamoto did not design a ponzi scheme on purpose  (Read 7693 times)
AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

You are being herded to provide liquidity for the insiders to take profits (but they also want to control  it long-term as they do facebook).

This is the way it always works. Same sh8t, same smell. Nothing changes.

Facebook's underwriters were short.

Don't try to be free! Or if you are going to, then never expect it to be with a mass phenomeon. Needs to be smaller. They don't have time to swat all the flies.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:12:28 PM

christop, you are conflating too many things. I will just let you think you won.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
christop

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:15:29 PM

christop, you are conflating too many things. I will just let you think you won.
... says the person who thinks that an economic bubble is a Ponzi scheme.

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 10:22:36 PM

... says the person who thinks that an economic bubble is a Ponzi scheme.
According to his definition it quite clearly is a Ponzi scheme.  The problem is, no one else shares that definition.  And no amount of people pointing that out will shake his belief that he can create his own personal definitions for well-known words.  My suggestions on words he might use that actually fit his definitions were met with ad hominem attacks.  In that spirit, I'll say this: methinks someone has his tinfoil hat fit just a little too snugly.

/shrug

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:26:40 PM

Yeah chris you won  Wink

I am not quite as clever as Satoshi, because he wasn't likely one person.

One thing you must realize is that money is complicated. It doesn't have one dimension or even 10.

Thus the key insight that Satoshi made was that he needed a simple story about money.

So all those who need to feel they understand, will boast that they do.

The key is to make dumb people think they are smarter than they are. Then they get overconfident.

christop

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:30:09 PM

According to his definition it quite clearly is a Ponzi scheme.  The problem is, no one else shares that definition.  And no amount of people pointing that out will shake his belief that he can create his own personal definitions for well-known words.  My suggestions on words he might use that actually fit his definitions were met with ad hominem attacks.  In that spirit, I'll say this: methinks someone has his tinfoil hat fit just a little too snugly.

/shrug
Good point, and I'm out of this thread unless anything really changes (which I doubt will happen). The troll has won this round.

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:30:41 PM

Okay I guess I am out of here for now.

If anyone wants me to implement my idea, then contact me.

I don't know if I will pursue it otherwise. Have many things to work on already.

I put the design out there for anyone who wants to copy it.

chris, I did not win anything. No of us will be winners. We will all lose. I know you weren't interested in winning, you were just interested in making sure no one in the media calls bitcoin a ponzi scheme because you are worried about the value of your bitcoins. Don't worry, the banksters are pushing this price up. They will make sure it goes up, until they are ready for it to crash.

astutiumRob

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 10:32:45 PM

1. It is a ponzi scheme (whether transparent or not), unless the rate of price appreciatioin slows to be not so many multiples of the rate of REAL transaction growth.
bitcoin has no "rate of price appreciation" - thats a simple supply/demand issue - there's no assigned or implied "value" beyond the uBTC number

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:34:23 PM

1. It is a ponzi scheme (whether transparent or not), unless the rate of price appreciatioin slows to be not so many multiples of the rate of REAL transaction growth.
bitcoin has no "rate of price appreciation" - thats a simple supply/demand issue - there's no assigned or implied "value" beyond the uBTC number

I am not going to repeat the whole discussion again. If you are not going to get, then you are not going get it.

You go ahead. Enjoy the delusion.

All of you try to look at only one dimension at a time, you have to look at all the dimensions. What drives the demand and supply? Etc....

NEVERMIND!

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 11:26:22 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2013, 12:21:11 AM by Korbman

For those of you joining this ridiculous (yet humorous) thread, here is a brief summation of the 5 pages thus far:

EDIT: As a few people have found humor (and usefulness) in the summary, I figured I'd try to update it a bit. Conversations denoted in "**" represent things that happened after the original summation (page 5 and on).

AnonyMint: Bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme and Satoshi is the head.
Forum Members: Not quite, here's why... [...]
AnonyMint: Ok fine, it's an "exponential bubble" which is a Ponzi Scheme.
Forum Members: Umm, it would be a speculative [economic] bubble, which isn't anywhere close to a Ponzi Scheme. There's a lot of things that can cause this.. [...]
AnonyMint: It's a Ponzi Scheme since the early adopters made a substantial profit.
Forum Members: Soo buying into company stock early on, having the company wildly succeed, and cashing out later is a Ponzi Scheme?
AnonyMint: You guys just don't understand, so obviously you're all sheep. Ponzi Ponzi Ponzi *randomly insults people*
**Forum Members: Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
**AnonyMint: You guys just don't know how to put facts together! You sheep all think your poisonous thoughts together, thus you're all wrong, can't you see!!
**Forum Members: Well, I see some of your points and the thought behind them, but here's why you're not making sense.. [...]
**AnonyMint: *starts rapidly posting and arguing to himself*
**Forum Members: Wait..what? But that doesn't make any sense because... [...]
**AnonyMint: STOP YOUR DELUSIONS!!! *types out essay upon essay on Bitcoin-based conspiracy theories (pages 7-8)*
**Forum Members: Nothing you've said so far makes a lick of sense, and we've already explained why. But to rehash it all... [...]
**AnonyMint: *randomly insults anyone who makes a rational argument*
**AnonyMint: I QUIT!

Skimmed back over the pages to make sure it was pretty accurate. It is.

Feel free to add on if people want more detail.

DataPlumber

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 12:27:48 AM

@Korbman

I love your summary.

But you overlooked the part where he claimed to be smarter than everyone else, but suggested, in his broken English, that we could get our true measure via an online IQ test.

That was my favorite part. Smiley

pschork

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:29:09 AM

Well said

FUD.

Ponzi scheme offered zero utility, user ONLY had greed incentive.

BTC can potentially serve great utility.
DataPlumber

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 12:36:30 AM

*randomly insults people*
I take it back.  You did cover that point.

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:42:03 AM

Wow you guys are insecure.

DataPlum, have you ever heard of getting sleepy? I have been at this for about 72 hours practically nonstop. Not to mention that I was debating 10 people at the same time both here and in bitcoin SE, so I had to type furiously fast.

When you find yourself "re-summarizing" (twisting and spinning) to defend your egos, you know where you are.

And the very intelligent readers can see right through your BS.

Look at the votes on "No". That is well distributed by IQ. They are laughing at you.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:01:00 AM

I have been at this for about 72 hours practically nonstop. Not to mention that I was debating 10 people at the same time both here and in bitcoin SE [...]

Hmm..it might say something about your situation that you've been repeatedly debating (the same argument) with 10 people. Clearly it must be some impressive coincidence that 10 random people around the world are incredibly wrong about something they all have a vested interest in...or maybe you're just the smartest person ever who has come across this amazing epiphany that Bitcoin is the biggest scam EVER!

Cheers to your 10 debaters, and I salute you with eye rolls accordingly.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:03:55 AM

I have been at this for about 72 hours practically nonstop. Not to mention that I was debating 10 people at the same time both here and in bitcoin SE [...]

Hmm..it might say something about your situation that you've been repeatedly debating (the same argument) with 10 people.

In what logic system is the mania of crowds equal to wisdom? Why don't we put the debasement of our currency up to a popular vote?

(sometime people just don't think)

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:04:39 AM

My opion is that Bitcoin are never going to go down.

Attaboy!

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:05:14 AM

What the fuck are you talking about? You are Shelby Moore III, not even all the faculty of the largest university can compare to your unrivalled intellect. Frankly, why you even condescend to speak to us is a mystery...
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:06:37 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 01:19:24 AM by AnonyMint

What the fuck are you talking about? You are Shelby Moore III, not even all the faculty of the largest university can compare to your unrivalled intellect. Frankly, why you even condescend to speak to us is a mystery...

Who started the mutual disrespect and lack of cordiality?

I know who my peers are and I am humbled when I write to them (JustSaying is me):

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4861&cpage=1#comment-397124

Do you know who created the term "open source"?

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:22:08 AM

The first developer to interact with Satoshi was one of our tribe:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4854&cpage=1#comment-397115

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: