Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:39:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got a virus and watched my coins disappear  (Read 581 times)
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:52:04 PM

I was gambling on directbet and only betting 1mbtc and .5mbtc at a time and I started with .14 in my bitcoin core wallet. Can anyone recommend anything? I know I wont get my coins back but Ill tip when I get my signature earnings
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:56:15 PM

I was gambling on directbet and only betting 1mbtc and .5mbtc at a time and I started with .14 in my bitcoin core wallet. Can anyone recommend anything? I know I wont get my coins back but Ill tip when I get my signature earnings

I guess you have downloaded a script/bot that stole your money. Same thing happened to me, and I was basically watching my cursor move around, pages being changed and refreshed and  .. in the end, my money going back to 0.0000000.

If you didn't, maybe a bug has occured. Try to contact the support.
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:58:06 PM

I guess you have downloaded a script/bot that stole your money. Same thing happened to me, and I was basically watching my cursor move around, pages being changed and refreshed and  .. in the end, my money going back to 0.0000000.

If you didn't, maybe a bug has occured. Try to contact the support.

no, like I was betting and as I was sending the bets it said I didnt have enough coins in my wallet to send because the coins were loaded and sent from another wallat file. My cursor thing did not move
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:19:11 PM

Sad to hear you are victim and that they stole your coins. Check your computer for any kind of malware I can prefer you to use malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.com.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 05:10:25 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 05:44:04 PM by deisik

Was your wallet encrypted with a passphrase? If it wasn't, encrypt it now and write down the passphrase on paper so as not to forget it (I always forget my passwords, lol). That alone will make stealing your coins much more difficult next time...

For more info, look here

KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:33:58 PM

I was gambling on directbet and only betting 1mbtc and .5mbtc at a time and I started with .14 in my bitcoin core wallet. Can anyone recommend anything? I know I won't get my coins back but Ill tip when I get my signature earnings
I'm I the only one having trouble comprehending whatever was just being said ? I know the OP is hacked,his coins are stolen and I have no idea how did that happen.OP,mind explaining in a detail a bit ? Plus,move it to the appropriate section,not the services content.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:48:15 PM

I was gambling on directbet and only betting 1mbtc and .5mbtc at a time and I started with .14 in my bitcoin core wallet. Can anyone recommend anything? I know I won't get my coins back but Ill tip when I get my signature earnings
I'm I the only one having trouble comprehending whatever was just being said ? I know the OP is hacked,his coins are stolen and I have no idea how did that happen.OP,mind explaining in a detail a bit ? Plus,move it to the appropriate section,not the services content.

Well I dont download anything on this computer, someone stole my wallet.dat file I assume
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:51:30 PM

Well I dont download anything on this computer, someone stole my wallet.dat file I assume

You did not encrypt the wallet.dat file? that is very strange, it should be mandatory to encrypt wallet.dat. And even then you still need anti malware tool to prevent keyloggers.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:13:22 PM

Do you have any anti virus in your computer? if not maybe you got some virus why dont you try to scan the whole pc first sing kaspersky total security and maybe there is not virus instead you forgot that you send your bitcoin to other..
Also check your core wallet if its syncing or not..
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:59:19 PM

Do you have any anti virus in your computer? if not maybe you got some virus why dont you try to scan the whole pc first sing kaspersky total security and maybe there is not virus instead you forgot that you send your bitcoin to other..
Also check your core wallet if its syncing or not..

I have no idea, but I closed my wallet and reopened it and now my coins are there... and of course my wallet is encyrputed, and I have antivirus,, malware pro and kapsepersky.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: