10k to 80k
80k to 500k
500k, less than 1M
Millions
10's of millions
None

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL][ZET] Open Discussion - Zetacoin reasons why you like or dislike it  (Read 1053 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zetacoin Express (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:48:43 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 08:00:52 PM by Zetacoin Express

This isn't a thread to pump a coin that I hold.  No in fact I don't hold any more than 10 Zetacoins that I earned from mining.

I just discovered Bitcoin about a few months ago and recently got into mining.  Good stuff, but I think Bitcoin has some 'issues' that will prevent it from full scale adoption as an everyday currency.  I finally decided to create a forum account and join the discussions.

I looked at some of the 'copies' or 'altcoins' as they are called.

Most seem to be abandoned and others look like nothing more than a pyramid scheme.  There are a few that stand out, but after some research and digging, they also have an ugly side.

Except for one...

Zetacoin

Something about this specific 'altcoin' looks right.  The coin itself looks clean.  No scams, no pre-mines, etc..
It's got key elements that make it useful for an ideal day-to-day currency.

30 second block  

Instead of 10 minutes. Perfect for Point of sales and credit/debit card alternative.  You stand in line at checkout, pay your items with some ZET, 1 minute later, your done.  Bitcoin can't compete with that unless your using a middle man.

No hyper deflation

As I understand, Bitcoins will one day stop being created.  To me that sounds like a bad thing.  I imagine that 100 years from now, you'll need 0.0000000000000000001 BTC to buy a house.  What does that mean?  Early adopters are the most to gain.  It encourages hording.

Zetacoin on the other hand won't suffer this problem.  Zetacoin will lose value, but very very slowly.  This encourages spending while allowing your to save without major loss.

Very low inflation

A currency must have inflation.  It's the incentive behind 'wanting' to work harder and create a more productive society.
Zetacoin is minted 1 ZET at a time every 30 seconds, forever.  With that and the loss of coins, you have perfect balance.

No need for fees

At the moment, Zetacoin has Tx fees, but I imagine that will go away.  Miners have the incentive to continue to mine for the 1 ZET block reward.

Scalability

Recently I heard of Bitcoin XT.  From what I understand, it's a hard fork to increase the capacity to process transactions.  Bitcoin has grown so fast that it can no longer sustain the amount of transactions coming in per block.

But Zetacoin has solved this problem.  30 second blocks vs 10 minute blocks.  Zetacoin can process 20 times more volume than Bitcoin.

Stable Value

I looked at the past 2 years, and Zetacoin (on average) has always been ~0.00002000 BTC.  Bitcoin on the other hand has gone through some wild swings.

On the other hand, it seems that as currency that only gives a reward of 1, Zetacoin appears to be very under valued.  I suppose this has to do with the fact that it's still unknown?

Doesn't Zetacoin sound like the perfect currency? However Zetacoin often get's ignored and missed.
Why?
What do you guys think?  Why does it get ignored?
TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 05:30:09 PM

Zeta is a solid and stable currency with good features.I used to hold several hundred thousand but that was before they were even worth anything and Ijust dumped like a dumbass.There are so many alts out there its maddening keeping up with all of them.Some good advertisement and promotion wouldn't hurt.

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
tuaris

Activity: 765

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:00:06 PM

Zetacoin often gets overlooked and ignored.  It seems people are more interested in loosing money in the latest Altcoin mine, pump and dump.  There are now 2 - 3 new ones coming out each day now.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:58:52 AM

Instead of 10 minutes. Perfect for Point of sales and credit/debit card alternative.  You stand in line at checkout, pay your items with some ZET, 1 minute later, your done.  Bitcoin can't compete with that unless your using a middle man.

You want to hear an asshat store manager whine like you stole his wife,
Have Swiped credit cards transactions take more than 15 seconds to confirm. True Story  Tongue

A currency must have inflation.  It's the incentive behind 'wanting' to work harder and create a more productive society.
Zetacoin is minted 1 ZET at a time every 30 seconds, forever.  With that and the loss of coins, you have perfect balance.

Look up what a 51% attack is.
Then if you check your Block Explorer , this guy is already over that with 58%
1   ZaYXmMKYJG6z2...      58 %   57.5 %
This one Pools owns your entire Zetacoin Hash by being over 51%.

Doesn't Zetacoin sound like the perfect currency? However Zetacoin often get's ignored and missed.
Why?
What do you guys think?  Why does it get ignored?

Just another PoW coin, Price is too low to incentivize the larger miners .
Plus it has all of the issues of PoW mining.
51% Attack Scenario being ignored
It will Centralize even more over time, it is the Major Flaw of PoW Coins to be Centralized control

Plus of 160 Million Total ,
1 Guy has 44 Million of the coins   
1   ZXqq2J6G...   98   44,067,073 ZET   26.77 %   26.77 %   18 hours 54 minutes   

Sadly as long as it is PoW, it is a technical dead end.  Tongue

Cool
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:29:14 AM

Zetacoin often gets overlooked and ignored.  It seems people are more interested in loosing money in the latest Altcoin mine, pump and dump.  There are now 2 - 3 new ones coming out each day now.

I think you forget all the FUD & PnD with zeta about 2years ago.. Where saying about Zeta & Africa right ?? about mobile payments they use.. etc.. pretty epic profits back then because price was hovering around 7k on good news & 4,5k -2,5 on bad news!
So for my Zeta is another decent altcoin but got touched by pro FUDers and lost its shinning view..
Im not holding zeta at all,
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

Zetacoin used to be one of my favorites - until I lost them when cryptsy scammed everyone.
So what exchange has zeta now?
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 04:42:59 PM

Zetacoin used to be one of my favorites - until I lost them when cryptsy scammed everyone.

i dont have a clue, iv sell my last zeta on mintpal, before ofc gone missing!
bitcoincar

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 07:42:03 PM

Just about all of the things you listed are not unique to Zetacoin. It may be a good coin, but it needs something unique to keep the attention of the community. New coins are coming out all the time, and some of them have interesting new features that will take attention away from older coins.

bittamak

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:35:46 AM

one that i am aware of ... https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ZET_BTC
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:52:58 AM

Just about all of the things you listed are not unique to Zetacoin. It may be a good coin, but it needs something unique

As far as I can tell ZET is the oldest and most capitalized SHA256 alt POW ...  i call these the naked pows ... there are 2 dozen in Scrypty that are viable ... but very few SHA256 'naked' pows have survived ... I think this might be a major miscalculation by the SHA256 miners ... the void has been filled by hybrids and AUX POW.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████