Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: identity verification on BTC-e  (Read 1865 times)
btc_noob_43 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:05:58 PM

BTC newbie here. I've gotten my hands on a bunch of bitcoins via cash purchase. Now I am thinking about trading on one of the exchanges. I live in Europe, so I am thinking about a SEPA transfer to BTC-e. However, BTC-e states about SEPA transfers:

Before send a first transfer upload your verification documents (passport and utility bill) to ticket https://support.btc-e.com
Without your documents bank may refuse your first transfer.

I am a bit concerned about uploading these documents, so I have the following questions:

1. What is the best way to handle the verification? Is it best to upload the documents before wiring any money (as they suggest), or can I wire the money, hope it goes through, and if it doesn't, then upload my documents?

2. What are the practical risks of uploading these documents? I like privacy, but I am not doing anything illegal. Are there real risks of identity theft, my bank giving me trouble, or some potential for headaches down the road here?

3. It's also possible to trade on BTC-e without uploading these documents by going through OKPay, MoneyPolo, Perfect Money, or Capitalist. All of these options seem pretty complicated and appear to carry extra costs. A SEPA transfer is cheap and really simple, I can do it in five minutes. Are these options worth investigating?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:52:57 PM

BTC newbie here. I've gotten my hands on a bunch of bitcoins via cash purchase. Now I am thinking about trading on one of the exchanges. I live in Europe, so I am thinking about a SEPA transfer to BTC-e. However, BTC-e states about SEPA transfers:

Before send a first transfer upload your verification documents (passport and utility bill) to ticket https://support.btc-e.com

I am a bit concerned about uploading these documents, so I have the following questions:

1. What is the best way to handle the verification? Is it best to upload the documents before wiring any money (as they suggest), or can I wire the money, hope it goes through, and if it doesn't, then upload my documents?

2. What are the practical risks of uploading these documents? I like privacy, but I am not doing anything illegal. Are there real risks of identity theft, my bank giving me trouble, or some potential for headaches down the road here?

3. It's also possible to trade on BTC-e without uploading these documents by going through OKPay, MoneyPolo, Perfect Money, or Capitalist. All of these options seem pretty complicated and appear to carry extra costs. A SEPA transfer is cheap and really simple, I can do it in five minutes. Are these options worth investigating?

Each exchanges site has its own rules, I thought was reasonable thing unless you have done deposits to the site then they ask for verification of identity.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:00:06 AM

i am uploading my document on poloniex not btc-e first when i already finished make an account. before that, my transaction has got limit transaction, after i upload document, my transaction has allow for bigger transacation.

in btc-e i don't think we should upload document because when i take a look on my account, i can not found where the link is. you can try to start trading with small amount first to look how its gonna be and to make you sure with btc-e.
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 08:10:10 PM

i am uploading my document on poloniex not btc-e first when i already finished make an account. before that, my transaction has got limit transaction, after i upload document, my transaction has allow for bigger transacation.

in btc-e i don't think we should upload document because when i take a look on my account, i can not found where the link is. you can try to start trading with small amount first to look how its gonna be and to make you sure with btc-e.
Usually in the setting, but for more details please contact their agent support from both sites because I do not know why they need to verify your account.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 10:14:36 PM

Usually in the setting, but for more details please contact their agent support from both sites because I do not know why they need to verify your account.

I verified my account years ago with BTC-E simply by sending my documents to Support in response to a ticket I opened for that purpose. This is necessary for any bank wires.

You can avoid this (I think) by using some of their e-wallet partners, but those e-wallets are...questionable...and fees are higher.
uquid

Activity: 518

All In One Services with UQUID

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 12:15:30 AM

1 . done transfer money wait it go through and asking for upload documents. That is good idea for user but not good for shop. As the requirement from Law. shop have to know who they are dealing with before they do trading. some shop can accept take documents later but what happen if user will refuse for upload document after money already go through ? who will pay for fees in this case ?

2. most of risky for upload documents from point of view of some people that is : not feel safe when give documents online . in fact, if you not working anything with dirty money + you trusted the site  . you have nothing to worry when submit document with them.

3. All shop not only BTC-E when you want money go through bank transfer, they should verify you before they accept your money. if website not doing by this way. you should take care of them

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: