Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing  (Read 230966 times)
sigwo

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:44:53 PM

Are there any ROMs for the Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 480? I tried the 480LowEnergyOK.rom and I get the error 'UVD not responding, trying to reset the VCPU!!!'

Luckily there is a VBIOS switch I can flip Smiley

EDIT: Also, any 4GB ROMs for the MSI RX 480?
Is anybody able to mod ROM for ANY aftermarket card? @ Elio : any intensions that way?

Yes - Sapphire and XFX non-ref 4GB and 8GB.

Which ROMs are downloadable for the mentioned GPUs?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 01:11:44 PM

Must be other super hungry parts of your PC that are causing it to use so much power.

There are multiple people on the Ethereum forums who report powering 6x AMD 480s with 750 watt at the wall.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
akaloith

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

maybe with more gpus than one result is better. i only have one. so half of my total watt is wasted on the pc
lynxchat

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:55:45 PM

I make rom for MSI RX470 Gaming X 8Gb
it make 28-28.2 Mh (Etherium single mode) -10% GPU, 1800 Mhz RAM  and eating 120W

I try to make more energy saving rom, but can't.
In few minutes my new rom make 26.6 Mh use 78W, but after I can't repeat. I make RAM clock 1500Mhz to 1600Mhz, and video adapter start trolling (GPU frequency down to 800-850Mhz and GPU Voltage up from 0.85V to 1.15V)

Maybe I can make voltmod to fix voltage? Or any ideas?

Rom I send to fileshare in next topic.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 06:19:41 PM

maybe with more gpus than one result is better. i only have one. so half of my total watt is wasted on the pc

It's not wasted , your memory and memory controller using it . Set the memory voltage to 950 , 925 , 900 , 880 with wattman. Find the stable settings where your not loosing from the hashing speed,  and you can save a lot of extra watts .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
akaloith

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:16:36 AM

It's not wasted , your memory and memory controller using it . Set the memory voltage to 950 , 925 , 900 , 880 with wattman. Find the stable settings where your not loosing from the hashing speed,  and you can save a lot of extra watts .

I am talking about cpu - ram - motherboard watt. with only 1 gpu, half of the total watt are consumed on all the other components of the pc.
I am here right now with another rom and i am quite happy. dont think it can get much lower
https://s11.postimg.org/bhtatjpyb/2016_09_15_025508.jpg
copychicken

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:32:08 AM

Hello everyone.. I ve done everything on 4 x 480 sapphire ref, 8gb edition.. but I get only 23-27 mhash up and down all the time. I am using the ethminer, and replaced the genoils 116.

Can someone point me to another miner? to achieve at least 29mhash?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:24:04 AM

Hello everyone.. I ve done everything on 4 x 480 sapphire ref, 8gb edition.. but I get only 23-27 mhash up and down all the time. I am using the ethminer, and replaced the genoils 116.

Have you tried Claymore GPU miner and some different settings in the WattMan? Did you try to update the driver version to the latest one?
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 01:22:30 PM

I installed the latest drivers, then replaced the moded file... and flashed the cards.. Even with the high power bios, I get 25-27, with lowerpower bioses I cant get them to work anymore... the driver stops responding...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

BTCBusinessConsult

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 01:25:47 PM

This is what I did when I had that problem:

1. Run AMD clean driver uninstaller
2. Manually check to make sure EVERYTHING AMD is off your computer.
3. Plug all your GPUs into your PC.
4. Download the 16.9.X latest driver.
5. When you can see all 4 of your GPUS and they are recognized as "working properly" DISABLE all of them on Device Manager.
6. Flash your cards with the 29 MHs low power ROM
7. Enable each of your cards from Device Manager
8. Restart computer
9. Run the latest version of Claymore miner and you should have 29 MHs.

As I said, thats at least what I did and it worked. Win 7 pro

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 01:51:58 PM

lastest claymore is version 7? can someone post me a correct bat file? for nanopool?

For the moment now, I flashed them back to original bios... the signing mod wasn't activating for some reason.. and all gpus where with ! on the device manager.

I will boot into safe mode, replace the file, boot back on test mode, run the signing mod, and then flash the cards with the low memory?
Are the steps correct right?

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 01:57:06 PM

sadly no driver signing... not matter what... should I reinstall windows? would that make a difference.?

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:17:01 PM

Nop, signing problems persists.. not even rebooting with option No7.

BTCBusinessConsult

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 03:34:55 PM

AMD Radeon software 16.9.X ( whichever the latest one is) turns off the driver signing needed for Win 7 to run the GPUs.

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:45:00 PM

so I don't have to go in safe mode and install the modded file?

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:47:38 PM

Go sleep, relax...
Then if your mind is clear: Post your situation: OS, cards, drivers. OK? Meanwhile you can read tread. Yes 20+ pages but all is there
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:45:57 PM

Go sleep, relax...
Then if your mind is clear: Post your situation: OS, cards, drivers. OK? Meanwhile you can read tread. Yes 20+ pages but all is there

Nice advice !
Summary : With windows and drivers 16.9.1 you can booth normally even though you have your bios flashed. Re-flash the old bios, format, reinstall 16.9.1 drivers and then let us know if something bad is still happening Smiley
Makatoshi

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:16:09 PM

Go sleep, relax...

Nice advice !
Summary : With windows and drivers 16.9.1 you can booth normally even though you have your bios flashed. Re-flash the old bios, format, reinstall 16.9.1 drivers and then let us know if something bad is still happening Smiley

Does it apply to W7 or W10?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 06:00:10 PM

i can confirm for sure , its apply for win 10/64bit  Smiley i never tried on win 7 32 or 64 bit.
im using Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Hotfix sept-13 and Crimson-16.9.1-Sep7 on some of my build

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:49:19 PM

Go sleep, relax...

xaxaxa nice!! I solved it with claymore and, it doesn't need the file replacement, with the new drivers.. just the modded bios... that was my problem.. I was trying to do both...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: