Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:44:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper wallet printed  (Read 2246 times)
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 12:14:46 PM

There is a sure way to print a private key in a paper and give to another person ?

For example I generate an address and I want give to a friend as gift, but eventually there is a way 100% sure about mask/unreveal the priv keY?

Paper wallets are easy to create but precautions must be taken. Computer must be protected from viruses and network printer should be avoided.

I agree with many that BIP38 can be a good choice, but instructions on how it can be sweep must be given together with the paper wallet- or else it will just be a piece of garbage.
LLec (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 12:16:31 PM

printing the paper wallet do not need a specific program or site anyone can make it by just converting his xpub or private key into a qr code and printing it out will give you a paper wallet

yes but how people selling paper wallet already funded? how they can be trustable service? they use an "hologram" to hide the priv key?
Personally, I would never trust them. But indeed, people sell coins with holograms and private keys in there. If you want to use that for long term storage, of course it looks nice. But you can never be sure the seller didn't store the private key. No matter how trusted the seller, you just can't know.

and how people buying coin loads also with 1000 btc?

There is a sure way to print a private key in a paper and give to another person ?

For example I generate an address and I want give to a friend as gift, but eventually there is a way 100% sure about mask/unreveal the priv keY?

Paper wallets are easy to create but precautions must be taken. Computer must be protected from viruses and network printer should be avoided.

I agree with many that BIP38 can be a good choice, but instructions on how it can be sweep must be given together with the paper wallet- or else it will just be a piece of garbage.

the problem remain for the new user "who" can receive a paper wallet, how can trust even with a BIP38 encryption? so far impossible.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: