Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:35:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are there any altcoins that aren't shitcoins?  (Read 3820 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:53:28 AM

I've been investing in Alt coins more than BTC, I like the volatility of the coins. I also like to invest in ones that have unique features and active developers and community.
My favourite is Magi (XMG), it is unique due to its mining algorithm - it is purely CPU based and generates more coins when less energy is being generated to produce the coin. I really like the supply and demand economics of the coin - as it gets more popular it becomes more difficult to mine - genius idea. (Difficulty increases at hash rate decreases), coin has had a lot of market action recently.
beeframen

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:11:52 AM

STRATIS and OPAIR

STRATIS is a good one, but OPAIR is a bad one. I see some people accused OPAIR is a scam, and after I research on this coin, I think the accusation is very possible
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:05:26 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 04:18:28 PM by Spoetnik

I don't care why.. they are not.

@OP
"useful" ?
There is one use for a currency.. using it.
Bitcoin can barely manage this let alone any altcoin that ever existed.

You are all delusional money grubbing greedy shit talking profiteers.
All you guys do is loiter around here year round spinning bullshit for bucks $$$
If you spent half the effort here defending shitcoins as you did on getting real adoption maybe some of this scammy bullshit would mean something.

Today's Flavor..

Coin #3,456 = Facade Coin
Tag line = "One day!"
Status = Currently traded on Poloniex (Centralized Exchange) for Bitcoin profits.
Distribution = ICO (requires getting FIAT to buy a currency that is designed to REPLACE fiat money)
Rating = Coin #3,456
Popularity = Currently being Pumped and hyped by criminals, liars and fraudsters on a scam forum.
Market Cap = Heavily Manipulated by scammers who made a shit-ton of money on their previous scam coin.

ALTCOINS  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:11:19 AM

Monero and litecoin is not shitcoin for the time being.  I am not sure about the Ethereum. If one of them does not exist, it is a good coin.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:40:36 AM

There are coins with solid devs but the problem is that no one really cares about that. They're all out for a pump.

Essentially, how's that different for bitcoin (except maybe that one is expecting the "pump" to be "moon" "in a few years") ?

It ain't. But while you're waiting for the pump, which may never come at this rate, at least you can spend it and use it. you can also count on there not being a dev waiting to exit scam or carry out the dump from hell. bitcoin's setup is a long way from ideal but at least there are a few checks and balances.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:06:41 AM

there are only a couple of coins that start as shitcoins even from the beginning of the launch but I can say this with confidence that apart from those few coins no other coins "start" as a shitcoin but most of them (more than 90%) will turn into a shitcoin after a while because the developer couldn't make enough money out of it or they just give up because of the dumps and many other reasons.

so the only solution for us is to stick to bitcoin, and 2-3 of the old altcoins and look at all the new ones as a temporary investment to make a quick money.

Only Bitcoin
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:14:40 AM

there are only a couple of coins that start as shitcoins even from the beginning of the launch but I can say this with confidence that apart from those few coins no other coins "start" as a shitcoin.

I don't buy that. there are tons that are out and out scams from the start. they might offer up something that works but that's only to con more money out of people. all this ico crap is very hard to resist considering how stupid and greedy a lot of people on here are.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:16:06 AM

xaurum and sia sound kind of useful/unique to me but I still don't know if I trust them...my research in altcoins has been slow, boring and frustrating, and I was wondering does anyone have any words to offer on altcoins that actually have useful, unique features and seem to be somewhat trustworthy.

I'm making 2200 usd a month after electric with 3300 mh of scrypt with LTC ...so I'd not lump that into your category Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:37:54 AM

Monero and litecoin is not shitcoin for the time being.  I am not sure about the Ethereum. If one of them does not exist, it is a good coin.

That is right. There are two block chains of the Ethereum and one hashing rate is just 15% of the other, that one could be attacked.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 04:21:30 PM

Monero and litecoin is not shitcoin for the time being.  I am not sure about the Ethereum. If one of them does not exist, it is a good coin.

Not sure about ETH ?

Which part ?

How about the part where he wound up somehow getting around 10 million dollars in coins.
then how he admitted to dumping his holdings on you all.
About a million dollars worth (he admitted to)

What part of that were you not sure on ?

You all would not know a scam even if your pockets were empty (of FIAT)
and all you had was a wallet full of of delisted "coins". ROFL

saaachu

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:06:22 AM

Faircoin is a strong choice, given its crew as well as the userbase and merchants that use it.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:32:15 AM

It's not that alts are bad, it's that the motivation behind making altcoins these days is for a profit vehicle, not to bring innovation to the space. Some of the functionality proposed.by new coins is amazing. But, we never get to see it because said innovative coin usually goes down in a blaze of scam 6 months after launch.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 08:43:09 AM

This coin I will vouch for Factum. The only coin with know media hype behind and is delivering on her promises. Just wait and see

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:50:43 PM

ETH have millions USD in background and if the price will go up, you can make good profit. Plus you can also try ETH mining. Regarding others altcoins - currently only Doge is more or less popular.  Wink
SmirkinPepe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:36:32 PM

The more the merrier. May the best one win.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:53:55 PM

I love your criteria here with all the replies..

It's like being asked what hockey player do you want on your team ?
And you pick Jim Slockney because... he has a wicked beard bro !

..rather than looking at his abilities or physical build etc.

Oh he was on the LA Kings so we'll take 'em.
Why ? I don't know.. if LA wanted him we want him.

Just a shit-fuck-ton o' broken logic round these parts  Cheesy

Coin submission #3,201 ?
Is it legit ? Fair ?
What does it offer over Bitcoin ?
Can it compete with Bitcoin ?
Want kind of real adoption does it have ?
Who made it and are they honest ?
How old is the coin ?
Is the coin legal ?
What other coins have the dev's made ?
How much were the dev's paid ?
Was the market cap manipulated ?
How is the coins security track record ?
How many coins in total are there ?
Is it an ICO coin ?
Is the coin premined ?
What kind of long range plans does it have ?
What level of world adoption has it achieved or hopes to achieve ?

ya but but but Speotnik i madez liek 1.2 BTC's profiTz on Poloniex man liekomgbbq HOLyfUCK yo !!!!111

EastSound

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:47:02 PM

Monero and litecoin is not shitcoin for the time being.  I am not sure about the Ethereum. If one of them does not exist, it is a good coin.

Not sure about ETH ?

Which part ?

How about the part where he wound up somehow getting around 10 million dollars in coins.
then how he admitted to dumping his holdings on you all.
About a million dollars worth (he admitted to)

What part of that were you not sure on ?

You all would not know a scam even if your pockets were empty (of FIAT)
and all you had was a wallet full of of delisted "coins". ROFL

I think it is good for the Vitalik to dump the ETC to the people who want to support the ETC so the overhang is cleared.
alnoor1231

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:08:03 AM

xaurum and sia sound kind of useful/unique to me but I still don't know if I trust them...my research in altcoins has been slow, boring and frustrating, and I was wondering does anyone have any words to offer on altcoins that actually have useful, unique features and seem to be somewhat trustworthy.

I'm making 2200 usd a month after electric with 3300 mh of scrypt with LTC ...so I'd not lump that into your category Smiley

Wow. I'm surprised it's still that profitable
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:46:00 AM

Catch is you have to have the machines....and that is kinda just dumb luck an a unicorn hunt.....I make no claim on know wth I'm doing.

Then again if you do have the luck since 2013 and 1.30 LTC being stubborn and holding it has worked well in the past.

What the heck I coulda got a Bass boat and it probably would have sunk anyway. Dumber things to spend my money on Smiley

but again mostly luck an NO new large scrypt miners for last 2 plus years from anyone besides knc in 2014 or so

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
EastSound

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:51:40 PM

Catch is you have to have the machines....and that is kinda just dumb luck an a unicorn hunt.....I make no claim on know wth I'm doing.

Then again if you do have the luck since 2013 and 1.30 LTC being stubborn and holding it has worked well in the past.

What the heck I coulda got a Bass boat and it probably would have sunk anyway. Dumber things to spend my money on Smiley

but again mostly luck an NO new large scrypt miners for last 2 plus years from anyone besides knc in 2014 or so

Holding the LTC from that time is not as good as hold other coins such as Dash or Monero. The better recent coin is the ETH.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: