Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos.  (Read 147865 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:14:34 AM

Nice rig !

Care to share the rig case brand/model ? Also same for this AriesIV case (tried to look for it @google but didn't find it)

AriesIV case is in his sig - I think thats a better build compared to this one.

I posted this 4U 8U chassis link in my earlier post.

The Sapphire 480s Reference are modded for ETH Eliovp's 29MH-low energy rom, so the cards are cool & steady currently mining ZEC. I sold him these cards from my current farm.

Frankly....  after building this rig with him the whole day, with fair share of drama (the rig failed to POST the first few times)..... I appreciate the Panda even more.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:51:06 AM

Nice rig !

Care to share the rig case brand/model ? Also same for this AriesIV case (tried to look for it @google but didn't find it)

The Sapphire 480s Reference are modded for ETH Eliovp's 29MH-low energy rom, so the cards are cool & steady currently mining ZEC. I sold him these cards from my current farm.

Frankly....  after building this rig with him the whole day, with fair share of drama (the rig failed to POST the first few times)..... I appreciate the Panda even more.

Thx citronix Smiley

Well the pandaminer is interesting yes, but again warranty and the starting price make me quite wary of the system (and also the fact that out of box it's pretty useless, you have to have eliovp linux/mod), but im happy to see people content with it, it's a very interesting piece of hardware for sure !
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 11:07:50 AM

Nice rig !

Frankly....  after building this rig with him the whole day, with fair share of drama (the rig failed to POST the first few times)..... I appreciate the Panda even more.

Thx citronix Smiley

Well the pandaminer is interesting yes, but again warranty and the starting price make me quite wary of the system (and also the fact that out of box it's pretty useless, you have to have eliovp linux/mod), but im happy to see people content with it, it's a very interesting piece of hardware for sure !

citronick, it is still a cool looking machine!  Gota have "cool" in this business!

Another subject:  
What is the total cost to get the panda miner up and running?  I believe that you will need a psu.  Anything else?

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:21:32 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 11:34:46 AM by citronick

Nice rig !

Frankly....  after building this rig with him the whole day, with fair share of drama (the rig failed to POST the first few times)..... I appreciate the Panda even more.

Thx citronix Smiley

Out of the box -- it is usable to some extent; mining Claymore ETH, XMR, ZEC, multialgo etc. but on Windows 10-Ent.

However, to make this into a better; efficient power consumption, stable and reliable, lights out, 24x7 miner for GPU farms - it's better to replace Windows with Linux plus improve the rom mod further with Eliovp's super-mod roms.

My current testing Panda is mining away XMR nicely with a Linux OS, completely headless, and ready to sit in one corner just waiting for Eliovp's PandaLinuxOS.

AriesIV:
Apart from the 2k direct pricing from Panda - the manufacturer - NO middleman or reselling agents.

You need a minimum Gold 1600w PSU if mining ETH. XMR and ZEC, I believe 1300w is enough - Phil has done the tests for power requirements. For me I used an old S7 1600w PSU.

After Eliovp's magic roms, I will not be surprised if we can squeeze a good brand 1000w PSU to get the Panda going.

No messing around with PCI-USB risers, etc. Time to deploy is very fast.

And you need to factor in DHL/Fedex/UPS and the customs duty.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:18:18 PM

Out of the box -- it is usable to some extent; mining Claymore ETH, XMR, ZEC, multialgo etc. but on Windows 10-Ent.

Let me disagree with that. Based on 3 "reviews" (short answers) from owners - from the box the miner will mine stably only ZEC and XMR.

1 owner from 3 got stable mining with ETH after changing Win 10 ETPR from the miner to his own licenced copy
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:47:12 PM

Let me disagree with that. Based on 3 "reviews" (short answers) from owners - from the box the miner will mine stably only ZEC and XMR.

1 owner from 3 got stable mining with ETH after changing Win 10 ETPR from the miner to his own licenced copy

Yeah also stable for ZEC and XMR but with massive power draw is "working" but not "efficient" Smiley but i'll keep my eye on it, hardware wise it's really interesting !
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:56:18 PM

Nice rig !

I see one advantage to your case is that it looks like you can put two power supplies in there in case you have power hungry cards or you can use two smaller power supplies over a giant power supply.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:06:40 PM

Nice rig !

I see one advantage to your case is that it looks like you can put two power supplies in there in case you have power hungry cards or you can use two smaller power supplies over a giant power supply.

Yeah this actually interest me because i like doing dual-psu rigs, they're cheaper to build, because you save on big powerful PSU's and on adapters for cabling. Sadly the case is a bit too expensive Sad that was a nice idea thought
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:42:39 PM

Just to let ya know, Claymore said this yesterday for Zcash (ZEC)

"I will release new version with good speedup within 24 hours."

Geeze lol! Why does he keep spending 95% of his time on ZEC when it has been well below both ETH & XMR in mining profitability for many weeks in a row now?  Yeah, I get that there is not much more room for improvement with ETH mining but XMR seems to have some room, esp for 470/480's, since those were not even out when he made his XMR GPU miner.

Per Wolf0, there is NOT much room if any for significant optimisation on XMR for the 470/480 series, the current miners are already well optimised.

ZEC on the other hand still has quite a bit of room for optimisation it would appear.

hmmm.. that's interesting coming from the guy (Wolf) who keeps posting that he is getting 800-820 H/s from 470s but of course, won't divulge how lol.  While there may be some truth to it, just curious why Claymore himself hasn't mentioned this on his own XMR miner thread, but I guess we will see.

I did see that Claymore just released ZEC v11.  Can anyone report their speeds using 470's on it (please specify modded or non-modded ROMs)?  ZEC keeps showing as far less profitable to mine for me vs ETH & XMR, but I realized that I am still using the 200 S/s benchmark I was getting with V8 I think.  I know Claymore has been focusing on improving the 390/290 speeds and he rarely mentions 470/480s in his updates, so wondering if 470s have at least seen a marginal increase over that 200 I was getting a few versions back.  At least at this point with prices/diff, I could justify switching my ETH rig over to ZEC if I were able to get about 250 S/s per modded 470.  Looking to switch rig #2 off ZEC while I am out of town since I am not that comfortable with a rig running that hot while I am away.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:49:53 PM

v11 was "add asm code for specific older GPUs", no change for RX series from v10.

Claymore DID mention he was still working on upgrades for the RX series, probably asm as well.

ZEC seems to be getting fairly close to full optimised, when the coders are having to go to GCN Asssembly code to get any further upgrades in speed.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:19:51 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 11:54:11 PM by GabryRox

v11 was "add asm code for specific older GPUs", no change for RX series from v10.

Claymore DID mention he was still working on upgrades for the RX series, probably asm as well.

ZEC seems to be getting fairly close to full optimised, when the coders are having to go to GCN Asssembly code to get any further upgrades in speed.

Ah ok, makes sense.  I actually went ahead and downloaded and started running v11 before I read this and it seems to be working on with my 6x470 rig.  My 5x modded MSIs are getting about 230 per card, while my orphan Nitro 8GB OC (non-modded) is doing a bit better at 245 S/s.  So, getting a bit over 1380 S/s using 800W total for GPUs.  I left the settings the same as for ETH mining... so 1150/1950 with - voltage offset down to about the 1050 range on the 5 MSIs.  Still, even using a full 100w less than ETH, my profit on ZEC is less than both ETH or XMR at about $4.05/day on this rig. XMR is actually right around that mark right now but ETH is about 10% better than both, despite the recent explosion in difficulty.

Anyway, I will probably let this run for a few hours to make sure it's stable then switch back to ETH until I go out of town. That rig runs soooo much cooler on ZEC... and XMR for that matter, but I like to split up my mining most of the time, especially when the profits are reasonable close.

Bottom line on ZEC, I was pleasantly surprised to see my 470's getting in the 230 range. If indeed Claymore can squeeze more out of them in his next rev, that will make the decision to switch to ZEC for a while easier.

edit: and of course, very shortly after i post this, ZEC profitability plummets due to almost 50% diff spike lol.  Seriously, not sure how you ZEC miners deal with this BS lol. I get why those with old cards do it since it is still their best (only) option, but the 470/480 crowd I would think would shy away from this at this point. Unless of course you're expecting ZEC to tremendously outperform ETH/XMR in the near future ;-)

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:49:12 AM

Phil....

On the Biostar Z170 motherboard, what does the code "3C" and "AO" on the LEDs mean?

Is there a table for the code values and description?

I tried googling it and also Biostar website but no luck.

The rigs are working fine though, but out of the 5 x Z170s, 2 are with "3C" and the rest "AO" codes on the LEDs.

Thanks

philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7714

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 03:05:10 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2017, 03:20:52 AM by philipma1957

Phil....

On the Biostar Z170 motherboard, what does the code "3C" and "AO" on the LEDs mean?

The rigs are working fine though, but out of the 5 x Z170s, 2 are with "3C" and the rest "AO" codes on the LEDs.

Thanks

A0 means good boot.  If I don't get an A0 I get no screen just black.

Give me a minute I think I know the 3c code
downloads

I found the A0  but not the 3C

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=807#download

PEI Core is started
Pre-memory CPU initialization is started
Pre-memory North Bridge initialization is started
Pre-memory South Bridge initialization is started
2B
Memory initialization. Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data reading
2C
Memory initialization. Memory presence detection
2D
Memory initialization. Programming memory timing information
2E
Memory initialization. Configuring memory
2F
Memory initialization (other).
Memory Installed
CPU post-memory initialization is started
CPU post-memory initialization. Cache initialization
CPU post-memory initialization. Application Processor(s) (AP) initialization
CPU post-memory initialization. Boot Strap Processor (BSP) selection
CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) initialization
Post-Memory North Bridge initialization is started
3B
Post-Memory North Bridge initialization (North Bridge module specific)
4F
DXE IPL is started
DXE Core is started
F0
Recovery condition triggered by firmware (Auto recovery)
F1
Recovery condition triggered by user (Forced recovery)
F2
Recovery process started
F3
Recovery firmware image is found
F4
Recovery firmware image is loaded
E0
S3 Resume is stared (S3 Resume PPI is called by the DXE IPL)
E1
S3 Boot Script execution
E2
Video repost
E3
OS S3 wake vector call
DXE Core is started
NVRAM initialization
Installation of the South Bridge Runtime Services
CPU DXE initialization is started
PCI host bridge initialization
North Bridge DXE initialization is started
6A
North Bridge DXE SMM initialization is started
Chapter 4: Useful help | 35
Code
Description
South Bridge DXE initialization is started
South Bridge DXE SMM initialization is started
South Bridge devices initialization
South Bridge DXE Initialization (South Bridge module specific)
ACPI module initialization
Boot Device Selection (BDS) phase is started
Driver connecting is started
PCI Bus initialization is started
PCI Bus Hot Plug Controller Initialization
PCI Bus Enumeration
PCI Bus Request Resources
PCI Bus Assign Resources
Console Output devices connect
Console input devices connect
Super IO Initialization
9A
USB initialization is started
9B
USB Reset
9C
USB Detect
9D
USB Enable
A0
IDE initialization is started

A1
IDE Reset
A2
IDE Detect
A3
IDE Enable
A4
SCSI initialization is started
A5
SCSI Reset
A6
SCSI Detect
A7
SCSI Enable
A8
Setup Verifying Password
A9
Start of Setup
AB
Setup Input Wait
AD
Ready To Boot event
AE
Legacy Boot event
AF
Exit Boot Services event
B0
Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP Begin
B1
Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP End
B2
Legacy Option ROM Initialization
B3
System Reset
B4
USB hot plug
B5
PCI bus hot plug
B6
Clean-up of NVRAM
B7
Configuration Reset (reset of NVRAM settings)

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:15:14 AM

Phil....

Thanks

A0 means good boot.  If I don't get an A0 I get no screen just black.

Give me a minute I think I know the 3c code
downloads

I found the A0  but not the 3C

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=807#download

PEI Core is started
Pre-memory CPU initialization is started
Pre-memory North Bridge initialization is started
Pre-memory South Bridge initialization is started
< snipped>>
B6
Clean-up of NVRAM
B7
Configuration Reset (reset of NVRAM settings)

Thanks!

Since all working ok - nothing out of ordinary except for the "3C" or could it "C3" depending on view position.... I will just do a "if it aint broke, dont fix it" approach.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:03:34 PM

meanwhile.... got this in the mail.

Dear customer,
Bitmain team is contacting you as per your request for the new batch of the Antminer R4.
We are glad to inform you that new batches of R4 with a hashrate of 7.5TH and 8.7TH (including price,specification and shipping cost) will be available on 13th of January, 11PM (Beijing time). They will be available to purchase on this link after the scheduled time.
Only Bitcoin will be accepted as a payment method for these batches.
When you enter your order our system calculates the shipping cost based on the items that you order, the destination and the shipper that you select. You will see the shipping cost and can make changes before you confirm your order.
For more information on how to place your order please see this article on our website.
Once an order has been paid it cannot be cancelled.
Furthermore, please note that we will not release the next batch of the Antminer series before end of the Chinese New Year holiday i.e. 10th February 2017.
Please let us know via support.bitmain.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
Thanks for your patience and wish you a promising 2017!
Best Regards,
Irene
Bitmain team

AriesIV10
Legendary

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 01:22:02 PM

Dear customer,
Bitmain team is contacting you as per your request for the new batch of the Antminer R4.
We are glad to inform you that new batches of R4 with a hashrate of 7.5TH and 8.7TH (including price,specification and shipping cost) will be available on 13th of January, 11PM (Beijing time). They will be available to purchase on this link after the scheduled time.
Only Bitcoin will be accepted as a payment method for these batches.
When you enter your order our system calculates the shipping cost based on the items that you order, the destination and the shipper that you select. You will see the shipping cost and can make changes before you confirm your order.
For more information on how to place your order please see this article on our website.
Once an order has been paid it cannot be cancelled.
Furthermore, please note that we will not release the next batch of the Antminer series before end of the Chinese New Year holiday i.e. 10th February 2017.
Please let us know via support.bitmain.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
Thanks for your patience and wish you a promising 2017!
Best Regards,
Irene
Bitmain team

11PM (Beijing time) should be 10am EST; although this will not help me.  I am not looking for a R4, I am looking for more S9s....

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:43:54 PM

I have finally put aside the Panda to a corner just above my buddy's 8U case.

Both are mining XMR currently on sm-linux sgminer 5.5.4 - headless and mid 60s C during the day and mid 50s C during the night.

Reflecting on the 2 builds, time spent to make it work, cost of components, troubleshooting, bandaids on my fingers, etc....
I think the Panda is worth the investment.

Now just waiting for Eliovp's magic PandaLinuxOS.

FRONT

BACK

AriesIV10
Legendary

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 03:38:52 PM

I have finally put aside the Panda to a corner just above my buddy's 8U case.

Both are mining XMR currently on sm-linux sgminer 5.5.4 - headless and mid 60s C during the day and mid 50s C during the night.

Reflecting on the 2 builds, time spent to make it work, cost of components, troubleshooting, bandaids on my fingers, etc....
I think the Panda is worth the investment.

Now just waiting for Eliovp's magic PandaLinuxOS.

FRONT

BACK

Great Pics!  Panda miner seems to be compact.  The Rig that is below is HUMUNGUS!  haha  I bet that was a fun build!  I love new builds Grin

vg54dett

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2017, 05:18:56 PM by vg54dett

Dear customer,

xxx

Bitmain team

Citronick, did you receive that mail because you were already a Bitmain customer ?

I odered some spare parts from them but didn't get this mail.
Just curious.

EDIT : sorry for the previous typo, message didn't mean anything
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:50:45 PM

Dear customer,

xxx

Bitmain team

Citronick, did you receive that mail because you were already a Bitmain customer ?
Or odered some spare parts from them but didn't get this mail.
Just curious.

Yes, I am a customer.

I think I am in their mailing list for sales announcements etc.

However... I certainly did not ask for R4 information or inquiry.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: