Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can You Suggest Any Altcoin Trading Signals  (Read 4569 times)
BitCoinHow-com (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:29:52 PM

I use https://coinmarketcap.com for looking for nice altcoins and usualy i trade ETC, then using http://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/etcbtc/1h  for make prediction of price. I hope it is give you informations.

i use coinmarketcap too beside of btcwisdom for btc, ltc and for fiat. and the most i use is from poloniex itself because i trading altcoin just in poloniex so i don't really use other provider.

oh btw, i don't use Haasbot and other bot because i don't like for now, but maybe if really need it, i will try it for just for fun.

@ethereumhunter Thanks for you suggestion, btcwisdom is good i played around with a little bit. Do you suggest any investment size?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anvilc

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:16:35 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 03:28:33 AM by anvilc

I have two main trading "strategies".

What I do, among other things, is look for coins that have had previous boom/bust cycles, and aren't just brand new flavor of the month coins. Once I have identified the coins that have been holding pretty much steady, for a long period of time, near the lower end of the cycle, I begin to accumulate.

1) For example (completely hypothetical numbers), I'll use DOGE and LTC. These coins have existed for a long time, and have had numerous bubbles in the past, and both of these have been fairly steady at the current low levels for a long time (ideally you want at least 50% below the previous bubble price). I'm not saying DOGE and LTC are the only coins that meet these personal criteria (there are almost always plenty to choose from), I'm only using these as examples. Feel free to use any criteria for coin picking you wish. If you like ETC/ETH/DASH/XMR it works just as well, the important thing is to begin accumulating during the low movement, low price phase mentioned above. If the price shoots up before you begin buying, don't worry about it, again, there are almost always plenty of possible coins to choose from.

I'll then determine how much I want to "invest". So, for example, DOGE is currently around 40 sats, and has been there for at least a couple months. If I want to invest 2 BTC into this coin, I might use half of it to purchase now. If the coin goes lower, I can purchase more to lower my average cost. Eventually (and it may take many months), it should rise, and then I will distribute my holdings as I deem reasonable. I will usually be tracking all my buys at each price point:

500k DOGE at 40 sats
750k DOGE at 37 sats
etc.

Sometimes I will completely sell out if I am happy with a price increase, sometimes I will sell enough to "break even" one of the buys, and hold the rest for free "profit" at some point in the future. For example, during the last minispike a couple weeks ago, if I had the two purchases above, I may have sold say 425k DOGE at 48 sats to "lock in/even out" my 40 sat buy, then save the extra 75k in case the price increased further. Since it didn't, and is now back at 40 sats, I would possibly just purchase another 500k.

2) My second strategy is similar. I will find a good coin to buy, but is more of a longer term "play". I will use LTC as an example, since it is fairly "safe". However, this strategy technically can work with any coin that isn't a one-time pump/dump/dead coin, which is why I prefer longer term coins.  I will determine how much I want to spend on LTC, let's say 10 BTC. I then split up the 10 BTC into equal chunks, say 0.2 BTC, and set buys of whatever LTC I can get, at various levels. For example:

0.0005 LTC will get me 400 LTC
0.001 LTC will get me 200 LTC
0.0015 LTC will get me 133 LTC
~~
I will go up to a pretty high, potential top (say 0.04) and "spend" 0.2 BTC every 50k sats.
~~
0.04 LTC will get me 5 LTC
etc.

I would spreadsheet my buys as follows all the way to 0.04 BTC/LTC:
0.00050000    / 400
0.00100000    / 200
0.00150000    / 133
0.00200000    / 100
0.00250000    / 80
0.00300000    / 67
0.00350000    / 57
0.00400000    / 50
0.00450000    / 44
0.00500000    / 40
etc.

Bonus, since prices are really low right now, I can get 0.2 BTC worth of LTC (say 5 LTC at .00395) for a fraction of the price. So, I would buy 5 LTC (for my .0395 buy to resell at .04).

Alternatively, this method is biased to keeping BTC, and is relatively conservative. You can also bias it toward LTC, and instead have say 25 LTC at each sat level mentioned above, instead of 0.2 BTC.

If a buy level hits, I then move to sell them 50k sats higher. So, if I bought 50 LTC at .004, I would then "sell" them at .0045. Basically it's just a game of accumulation and distribution at each price 50k sat price point. My "profits" I will usually just roll back in, so eventually, I may have 0.25 BTC per level (which increases the profit per move). Or you can use your "profits" for other purposes. This method can be slower than method #1, but it is relatively "safer". I'm a long-term BTC believer, so I prefer to stay mainly in BTC (as opposed to fiat), and potentially increase my stash this way.

At lower price levels, where prices don't fluctuate much, you would have fairly high profits for each "hit", but it may be days or weeks between hits. At higher price levels, there is usually a lot more price movement, but the profit per "trade" is lower. If the price does get well above your initial buy in and bubbles, you can obviously just cash out and start over during the abovementioned accumulation phase (or move to another coin, etc.).

Overall, these strategies don't include any technical analysis, but it still keeps me "trading". Obviously these strategies may not work for everyone (they may be fairly conservative and too tame for some), but just the ones I prefer at this time.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
pcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:17:58 AM

Honestly there is no service that provides this type of service unless the pump group which does not exist in actual sense, i think you need to follow the thread of the coin, the dev commitments and dedications, the interest of the people and finally try to know the actual value of the coin in order not to over bought.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:32:19 PM

there are a lot of good and nice alts to trade. I like to trade in 4 major alt coins.
1: Ethereum
2: Lisk
3: Waves
4: Litecoin.
Now it is good time to start buying LTC again! Wink

Thank you @arbitrage, How to get this kind of information - that is how to know when to enter into a trade, is there any single provider or How?

I have the same question. It was in August 20, and yesterday (August 23) Litecoin was added on GDAX (Coinbase).
It is now in uptrend... Good call regarding Litecoin. Wink
Just listen carefully many signs can be found on this forum
Im too long in this game so i can tell you when everybody sell wait for the floor and buy back. But this cannot be applied to shit-coins, only on those strong like LTC XMR,NAV,NXT,NAUT..

BitCoinHow-com (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:24:43 PM

I have two main trading "strategies".

What I do, among other things, is look for coins that have had previous boom/bust cycles, and aren't just brand new flavor of the month coins. Once I have identified the coins that have been holding pretty much steady, for a long period of time, near the lower end of the cycle, I begin to accumulate.

1) For example (completely hypothetical numbers), I'll use DOGE and LTC. These coins have existed for a long time, and have had numerous bubbles in the past, and both of these have been fairly steady at the current low levels for a long time (ideally you want at least 50% below the previous bubble price). I'm not saying DOGE and LTC are the only coins that meet these personal criteria (there are almost always plenty to choose from), I'm only using these as examples. Feel free to use any criteria for coin picking you wish. If you like ETC/ETH/DASH/XMR it works just as well, the important thing is to begin accumulating during the low movement, low price phase mentioned above. If the price shoots up before you begin buying, don't worry about it, again, there are almost always plenty of possible coins to choose from.

I'll then determine how much I want to "invest". So, for example, DOGE is currently around 40 sats, and has been there for at least a couple months. If I want to invest 2 BTC into this coin, I might use half of it to purchase now. If the coin goes lower, I can purchase more to lower my average cost. Eventually (and it may take many months), it should rise, and then I will distribute my holdings as I deem reasonable. I will usually be tracking all my buys at each price point:

500k DOGE at 40 sats
750k DOGE at 37 sats
etc.

Sometimes I will completely sell out if I am happy with a price increase, sometimes I will sell enough to "break even" one of the buys, and hold the rest for free "profit" at some point in the future. For example, during the last minispike a couple weeks ago, if I had the two purchases above, I may have sold say 425k DOGE at 48 sats to "lock in/even out" my 40 sat buy, then save the extra 75k in case the price increased further. Since it didn't, and is now back at 40 sats, I would possibly just purchase another 500k.

2) My second strategy is similar. I will find a good coin to buy, but is more of a longer term "play". I will use LTC as an example, since it is fairly "safe". However, this strategy technically can work with any coin that isn't a one-time pump/dump/dead coin, which is why I prefer longer term coins.  I will determine how much I want to spend on LTC, let's say 10 BTC. I then split up the 10 BTC into equal chunks, say 0.2 BTC, and set buys of whatever LTC I can get, at various levels. For example:

0.0005 LTC will get me 400 LTC
0.001 LTC will get me 200 LTC
0.0015 LTC will get me 133 LTC
~~
I will go up to a pretty high, potential top (say 0.04) and "spend" 0.2 BTC every 50k sats.
~~
0.04 LTC will get me 5 LTC
etc.

I would spreadsheet my buys as follows all the way to 0.04 BTC/LTC:
0.00050000    / 400
0.00100000    / 200
0.00150000    / 133
0.00200000    / 100
0.00250000    / 80
0.00300000    / 67
0.00350000    / 57
0.00400000    / 50
0.00450000    / 44
0.00500000    / 40
etc.

Bonus, since prices are really low right now, I can get 0.2 BTC worth of LTC (say 5 LTC at .00395) for a fraction of the price. So, I would buy 5 LTC (for my .0395 buy to resell at .04).

Alternatively, this method is biased to keeping BTC, and is relatively conservative. You can also bias it toward LTC, and instead have say 25 LTC at each sat level mentioned above, instead of 0.2 BTC.

If a buy level hits, I then move to sell them 50k sats higher. So, if I bought 50 LTC at .004, I would then "sell" them at .0045. Basically it's just a game of accumulation and distribution at each price 50k sat price point. My "profits" I will usually just roll back in, so eventually, I may have 0.25 BTC per level (which increases the profit per move). Or you can use your "profits" for other purposes. This method can be slower than method #1, but it is relatively "safer". I'm a long-term BTC believer, so I prefer to stay mainly in BTC (as opposed to fiat), and potentially increase my stash this way.

At lower price levels, where prices don't fluctuate much, you would have fairly high profits for each "hit", but it may be days or weeks between hits. At higher price levels, there is usually a lot more price movement, but the profit per "trade" is lower. If the price does get well above your initial buy in and bubbles, you can obviously just cash out and start over during the above mentioned accumulation phase (or move to another coin, etc.).

Overall, these strategies don't include any technical analysis, but it still keeps me "trading". Obviously these strategies may not work for everyone (they may be fairly conservative and too tame for some), but just the ones I prefer at this time.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks @anvilc I will try your advice and nice to see such a detailed input.
BitCoinHow-com (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:27:09 PM

there are a lot of good and nice alts to trade. I like to trade in 4 major alt coins.
1: Ethereum
2: Lisk
3: Waves
4: Litecoin.
Now it is good time to start buying LTC again! Wink

Thank you @arbitrage, How to get this kind of information - that is how to know when to enter into a trade, is there any single provider or How?

I have the same question. It was in August 20, and yesterday (August 23) Litecoin was added on GDAX (Coinbase).
It is now in uptrend... Good call regarding Litecoin. Wink
Just listen carefully many signs can be found on this forum
Im too long in this game so i can tell you when everybody sell wait for the floor and buy back. But this cannot be applied to shit-coins, only on those strong like LTC XMR,NAV,NXT,NAUT..

I think waiting till the coin hits low and buy back is a good move.
poetra2501

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:21:26 AM

I use https://coinmarketcap.com for looking for nice altcoins and usualy i trade ETC, then using http://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/etcbtc/1h  for make prediction of price. I hope it is give you informations.
Wow, this is nice information for altcoin trader,
Btw, can you teach us here how about that site ? Step by step
What should we see in that site ?
BitCoinHow-com (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:09:49 AM

I use https://coinmarketcap.com for looking for nice altcoins and usualy i trade ETC, then using http://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/etcbtc/1h  for make prediction of price. I hope it is give you informations.
Wow, this is nice information for altcoin trader,
Btw, can you teach us here how about that site ? Step by step
What should we see in that site ?

Coinmarketcap.com tell us which altcoin is now moving with vol and price. we can jump early. And about cryptowat.ch, even i like to know more about how to use this.

It would be of great help if @TraderETH can put some light on "cryptowat.ch"
coindata.io

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

CoinData.IO - Cliometric-trading signals

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 04:29:56 AM

I have been searching for some Altcoin trading tips provider, who can provide info to which coin to invest in and other such details. So can anyone here suggest a service.

And have anyone here used Haasbot and how useful is this in altcoin trading.

Thank in advance

If you are interested in getting live signals without staring at the charts all day, check out https://coindata.io today! Smiley

tifossi

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:25:13 PM

I can recommend coindata which is good for fast trades.
If you're searching for early entry signals, send me a message.
sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:49:33 AM

I can recommend coindata which is good for fast trades.
If you're searching for early entry signals, send me a message.

yeah coindata is good for trader to give signals, my group trader using it  Smiley

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
tifossi

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:03:53 PM

You can also take a look at : altcointrader.co if you're interested in early entry signals.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: