Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Play Poker for BTC on Pokerstars  (Read 2315 times)
want2learn (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:58:33 PM

I have created a "home game" on pokerstars.net.

The idea is that anyone can join (even people from USA). Then some trusted members will create tourneys. Players will pay entry to the tourney by way of a BTC transfer. After the tourney winners are paid by way of a BTC transfer in accordance with their results. The trusted member gets the "rake" in the form of BTC. This is for creating and admin of the tourney.

As of now I just created the "home game" and everyone interested is asked to join and to spread the word.

In a few days we can start tournies.

The tourney id: #460613
Inv code : USA_PLAY

SPREAD THE WORD the bigger the "home game" the more effective the idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:41:27 PM

I support this idea.  Assuming the Trusted Member is Trustworthy...
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 05:44:36 PM

I'm trusty, I'll do the first one for free.

I have not verified that US can do this or that it works for play money at all, but assuming it's all good we should pick a day and time. Shall we play two at the same time? One for a bitcoin and one for a bitdime?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
want2learn (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:43:29 PM

thx for the support plz join the home game .

and could someone with an account plz post about this on twoplustwo

then we can build from there
BrewProof

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:47:43 PM

I like the idea but my only concern is keeping the room private.  I think in free (as far as they know) games outsiders may be able to sit at the table and disrupt the games.  how do we keep them private and secure from non-paying outsiders?
nybitcoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:00:05 PM

you could make them private by having people contact the person before the tourney.  The host would then take the code and send it to people that pre-registered with them.
DDreez

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:07:35 PM

Poker for BTC, now we're talking!
bombshelterzero

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:10:58 PM

This is very clever. Glad to see other people "thinking" now
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:23:06 PM

Awesome, I'd LOVE to do this. What are the implications from the recent US smack down of the online poker industry. By that I mean, if we aren't playing the tourneys with real money are we playing w/ play money?

Elon Krusky
want2learn (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:37:13 AM

GUYS If you think it is a good idea the JOIN
demoncrest

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:25:51 AM

they already have a dedicated poker room for bitcoin already incase u guys didnt know?

I can't remember the address but all it took me was a quick google search and I've seen plenty of people playing, I think blinds were 0.05BTC and 0.1BTC Huh

Pretty sexy Cheesy
Lowtax

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 06:29:19 AM

Thinking about it.
eturnerx

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:34:32 AM

they already have a dedicated poker room for bitcoin already incase u guys didnt know?

I can't remember the address but all it took me was a quick google search and I've seen plenty of people playing, I think blinds were 0.05BTC and 0.1BTC Huh
Pretty sexy Cheesy
The bitcoin poker website is: http://betco.in
Betting is done is chips - which are basically a bitcent each. There's small games running to suit even those with only 2 bitcents. Sometimes you have to join a table and wait for a bit.
eturnerx

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:36:34 AM

Awesome, I'd LOVE to do this. What are the implications from the recent US smack down of the online poker industry. By that I mean, if we aren't playing the tourneys with real money are we playing w/ play money?
IANAL and not in the USA - but the busts were against the sites fraudulently (allegedly) recording player deposits. It's apparently not illegal to gamble for money, but it is illegal to process money for gambling. I think players are pretty safe. In the case of bitcoin - which is technically not money (only points) I think there's a good case for saying it's a bit like pokerstars.NET
want2learn (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:03:12 PM

I have been thinking and IMHO the best way to get this off the ground is to run some freerolls.

I would be greatfull to some respected member to create an account to which we can donate towards a freeroll. I will donate all my
commission from tradehill (after the paybacks I give) to this cause.

IF you believe this is a good cause then :
1) join the home game
2) if you a respected member post yourself here to do the admin of first freeroll
3) you can join tradehill with my code (TH-R1817) and I will payback to you a min of 0.1 BTC and a max of 50% of the commission earned and the rest will be donated to this project.
alsimak

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:18:31 PM

if an usa player wants to play online i have an easier way . I can create for him a full tilt poker account  whith spanish nationality and fund it whith dollars . He pays me in bitcoins . I give him the password. Whenever he wants to withdraw funds he just sends the dollars to my account and i give him bitcoins for them . Thats all. Also i will transfer to existing accounts in full tilt dollars for bitcoins whith a 10% premium. I will pay full tilt dollars for bitcoins at market+10%.
contentkaiser

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:27:58 PM

if an usa player wants to play online i have an easier way . I can create for him a full tilt poker account  whith spanish nationality and fund it whith dollars . He pays me in bitcoins . I give him the password. Whenever he wants to withdraw funds he just sends the dollars to my account and i give him bitcoins for them . Thats all. Also i will transfer to existing accounts in full tilt dollars for bitcoins whith a 10% premium. I will pay full tilt dollars for bitcoins at market+10%.

This is exactly why the Bit-Torrent concept is so promising, clever workarounds to arbitrary restrictions created by meddling governments.
eturnerx

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 09:14:10 AM

I'd be very careful with this. FullTilt are notorious for closing down accounts that they are the least bit suspicious about with only the barest of whiff of evidence.
somethinghidden

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 09:24:20 AM

I have created a "home game" on pokerstars.net.

The idea is that anyone can join (even people from USA). Then some trusted members will create tourneys. Players will pay entry to the tourney by way of a BTC transfer. After the tourney winners are paid by way of a BTC transfer in accordance with their results. The trusted member gets the "rake" in the form of BTC. This is for creating and admin of the tourney.

As of now I just created the "home game" and everyone interested is asked to join and to spread the word.

In a few days we can start tournies.

The tourney id: #460613
Inv code : USA_PLAY

SPREAD THE WORD the bigger the "home game" the more effective the idea.

Awesome idea, you could start a service like ClearCoin to escrow btc.
Valhalla1

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 09:36:06 AM

problem I see would be collusion, chip dumping, multi-accounting, etc.  In real money games this leads to locked accounts and confiscated bankrolls.  In a play money game, there is no authority watching for this type of activity.  Even if they locked someone's play money account they can just open a new one, they wouldn't lose any real money. In a play money game, it would be easy to someone to make 8 accounts and buy in to 8 of the 9 available seats in a sit-and-go and virtually guarantee himself to win the 9th guy's money.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: