Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i pass on my bitcoins in case i die?  (Read 6502 times)
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:08:17 AM

Others have mentioned a will and that is a good idea. But consider putting the private key and detailed instructions in a safe deposit box and then reference that safe deposit box in the will rather than giving the private key or clues to the private key in the will.

Yes, it's a good idea. Just write all your passwords, keys detailed on a notebook and keep it safe in a place where just who will get your heritage can have access. Maybe a bank or a safe box. Or give it to your family members, so they can use your BTCs if you unfortunelly die.  Sad
yes that is right to say, but if you are giving it to some one in advance then there is a chance that he may use his private key in advance. i think the best option will be to write the key on a paper and then keep it in a safe place and write a well in which he will give some clue to a person whom he want to use his key after his death, so this way his key will be safe.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:19:49 PM

Thats a good question.
Well, for me i would hire an attorney and instruct him/her how to open and transfer my bitcoins in case of accident. I will give my private keys to the attorney and let him/her distribute my bitcoins to my family and loved ones.
Senor.Bla (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:25:30 PM

OP here.
five pages later i have heard maybe 1 or 2 good answers. and quite often the same ones that i do not want. i do not want to give private keys to my loved ones yet. also i do not want to give private keys to an attorney. even if i would trust them, i would have to change it from time to time as i change my wallet from time to time.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 03:48:26 AM

I think making a will is a good option. Alternatively you can transfer your all bitcoins to secure paper wallet and keep that wallet in bank lockers and then you will be able to appoint or nominate your legal nominee to transfer your property in case of your death. Your bank will take care of your paper wallet (make sure you are choosing a right bank) and will transfer your paper wallet to your nominee after your death.
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:48:56 PM

I think, to write a will and put Everything about rights of access to the digital currencies in a secure deposit box will be the right choice.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:27:12 PM

Maybe you should give your bitcoin wallet password to families who want to give you heritage. That's the only thing you can do because you can access the bitcoin is you yourself who has the password bitcoin wallet. I think it's just nothing you can do if you want to give to your family heritage bitcoin and nothing could be done.
Senor.Bla (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:29:56 PM

Maybe you should give your bitcoin wallet password to families who want to give you heritage. That's the only thing you can do because you can access the bitcoin is you yourself who has the password bitcoin wallet. I think it's just nothing you can do if you want to give to your family heritage bitcoin and nothing could be done.
yes i have heard this a lot in this thread and as i mentioned many times this is not the way i want to do it.
i got a few good ideas, but since nothing new is coming i am going to close this one. thanks for the advice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: