Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223284 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:17:14 PM

Ken, you told me today on the phone that you need to raise about 1 million dollars and so far you have made half of that.  You need to make the rest within a couple weeks, which will be pushing it.

I realized after I talked with you that I had one more question.  You had posted earlier about getting pushed around by recent expenses, and that a lot of expenses were unfortunately paid for when BTC was at $68, and so you lost some money there.  We would like to know how expenses will affect your ability to cover the NRE with 1 million.  How much are these expenses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:33:39 PM

Some people on here need to realise this is a new company operating in a new market. Ken is clearly an experienced and talented individual but he is not a miracle worker. You can't expect him to do full running accounts when he is trying to get this company to go stratospheric. And you can't expect him to pay vital development money on an accountant at this stage in the business. Sure if btc was at 200USD or higher this would all be a bit easier but every mining company will be dealing with similar funding constraints right now. The difference between the rest and AM is this company is going to be a, if not the, market leader. Invest at this price while you can, this company is going only one way.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:56:58 PM

As a business owner myself I can promise you that the bookkeeping costs almost nothing. Not only that, but for  the amounts involved it shouldn't even be something anyone has to mention. It's an integral part of any business, let alone one raising this amount of money.

Again, I'm not dissing Ken here as I expect it is because he is too busy (I've been there myself, tho I wasn't fundraising) but there is no counter argument other than "crap, I've not had time, I know it's a bad excuse and it will be sorted as a matter of urgency". As for a certified accountant - well you need one at the appropriate time but they too don't need to cost much. We're talking 3-4 figures (at least in the UK) over a year unless you have some crazy complex stuff going on; a lot should be automated but I could believe a mining business may have some complexities if tax breaks are being explored (in the UK I'd be gunning for R & D tax credits).

The only reason anyone in the Bitcoin mining world is getting away with things like this is because it's a crazy gold rush with a lot of crazy people. There is very little that is professional going on in pure business terms, which is not to say that a lot of money won't be made.

It's all very high risk, very unbusiness like, and yet it's going to make some people very rich indeed. Already has in one case.

Those asking for things like accounts and forecasts are completely correct, it's just that at the moment there are enough people around who will invest and be damned anyway. They don't deserve to be pilloried for asking sensible questions, but they themselves should back off and stop the constant trolling. That doesn't make their questions less valid.

ActiveMining has a long way to go and a lot to prove before becoming a market leader. I'm amazed at the fanboys of any of these mining companies. If you're investing more than a couple of Bitcoins, it's a business decision and fanboyism shouldn't come into it.

Some decisions are not helping at all. Even the name is very dubious in my mind and that alone nearly put me off getting involved as it feels purposefully designed to be misleading (whether it was or not isn't the point, it clearly is and was a bad decision if you want to be trusted).
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:03:12 AM

Ken, you told me today on the phone that you need to raise about 1 million dollars and so far you have made half of that.  You need to make the rest within a couple weeks, which will be pushing it.

I realized after I talked with you that I had one more question.  You had posted earlier about getting pushed around by recent expenses, and that a lot of expenses were unfortunately paid for when BTC was at $68, and so you lost some money there.  We would like to know how expenses will affect your ability to cover the NRE with 1 million.  How much are these expenses.

$500,000 wouldn't even be made if 2 million more shares were bought at .0025, is AMC in a cash crunch?
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 12:11:52 AM

The coming expense is for production of our Avalon clone boards for our 20,000 chips coming in.  Also, we will need a place to house these machines when we get them built.  That expense has already been covered and is not in the above estimate. 
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 12:22:29 AM

$500,000 wouldn't even be made if 2 million more shares were bought at .0025, is AMC in a cash crunch?

No, indeed not.  We do need the ~1 million for the NRE; however, that is not required to keep the business running.  We have ~306 GH/s going live in about 3 weeks with our Klondike boards.  After that we have ~5,640 GH/s going live in about 6 weeks for a total of 6,346 GH/s.  Use a bitcoin profit calculator to see our cash flow after the next 6 weeks.  Getting the NRE will be icing on the cake.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:44:27 AM

the deadline for the NRE is 30 days from july 2nd, correct?  That means if you don't have the 1 million raised by august 1st, you will rely only on other manufacturers chips from that point, rather than your own...
yes it's icing on the cake, but a lot of people are betting on that icing.. for you to have rights to a superior chip that nobody else does would mean you would have an upper hand on the market

FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:53:43 AM

So on August 2nd the deal with Easic goes out the window?

Good thing I sold out earlier.... I really do not see how AMC will be able to raise 500,000 in 2 weeks.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:06:56 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 01:20:38 AM by kslaughter

the deadline for the NRE is 30 days from july 2nd, correct?  That means if you don't have the 1 million raised by august 1st, you will rely only on other manufacturers chips from that point, rather than your own...
yes it's icing on the cake, but a lot of people are betting on that icing.. for you to have rights to a superior chip that nobody else does would mean you would have an upper hand on the market

We have just launched our Fast-Hash-One machines yesterday and already have sales of $62,799.00 so it is not going to take more than a week at this rate to have the NRE.  I have also talked to the Director of Sales and those 30 days were just our original estimate to them to get the funds. There is no fixed deadline, but of course we want to start producing chips asap.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:24:07 AM

The coming expense is for production of our Avalon clone boards for our 20,000 chips coming in.  Also, we will need a place to house these machines when we get them built.  That expense has already been covered and is not in the above estimate. 

Ken, I need to correct some possible misinformation given.  I linked a post in the speculation thread, the first post, back to where you said previously that the assembly was paid for the Klondike boards.  Why is there now a second expense for this, and why is it being accounted for now?

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:28:17 AM

Ken, I need to correct some possible misinformation given.  I linked a post in the speculation thread, the first post, back to where you said previously that the assembly was paid for the Klondike boards.  Why is there now a second expense for this, and why is it being accounted for now?

It is not the Klondike boards, it is the Avalon clone boards for our 20,000 chips.
Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:49:28 AM

The coming expense is for production of our Avalon clone boards for our 20,000 chips coming in.  Also, we will need a place to house these machines when we get them built.  That expense has already been covered and is not in the above estimate.  

Ken, I need to correct some possible misinformation given.  I linked a post in the speculation thread, the first post, back to where you said previously that the assembly was paid for the Klondike boards.  Why is there now a second expense for this, and why is it being accounted for now?

It is not the Klondike boards, it is the Avalon clone boards for our 20,000 chips.

Ah ok, so my information is accurate:

20k chips already paid for
The 68 boards, at 16 chips per, 1088 chips and assembly paid for
Now the coming expense on the quote with the Engineering firm for the remaining chips to be assembled onto the Avalon clone boards

Is the above accurate?

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:56:48 AM

The coming expense is for production of our Avalon clone boards for our 20,000 chips coming in.  Also, we will need a place to house these machines when we get them built.  That expense has already been covered and is not in the above estimate.  

Ken, I need to correct some possible misinformation given.  I linked a post in the speculation thread, the first post, back to where you said previously that the assembly was paid for the Klondike boards.  Why is there now a second expense for this, and why is it being accounted for now?

Now the coming expense on the quote with the Engineering firm for the remaining chips to be assembled onto the Avalon clone boards

Is the above accurate?

Yes
Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:59:48 AM

Is the above accurate?

Yes

Thank you, always on top of things

Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:19:09 AM

Come on people you heard the man , now get back to buying ACtM shares  Grin
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:29:01 PM

Fair dues to Ken he is impressing me more and more each day. What a few weeks we have had, expect big things from this company.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 09:23:10 PM

AMC, ActiveMining, AMC-PT Dividends Paid. [.00000748/Share]
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:47:03 AM

I think everyone listened to you lol huge volume Cheesy our chips will soon be hashing away Smiley yay

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:49:53 AM

I think everyone listened to you lol huge volume Cheesy our chips will soon be hashing away Smiley yay

Oh yeah they have flown off the shelves, 598266 since my last check..

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:34:51 PM

Oh yeah they have flown off the shelves, 598266 since my last check..

Wall gone?Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: