Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox request for withdrawal denied  (Read 4257 times)
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 02:33:26 PM

I need to report that the limits were eventually lifted for my account (not entirely cancelled though).

Same for me too... not entirely cancelled, but lifted high enough so as to rarely be an obstacle for the volume I intend to do.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc996

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 07:19:09 PM

No such luck here -- withdrawing does not work nor have I received a reply.
btc996

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 11:39:05 AM

Update: got reply from Mark explaining the limits, so the ball is back in my court again.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 03:09:12 PM

Usually transfers are done in a timely fashion, but the exchange is growing fast, so I believe it is not too easy to keep up with all the requests, so sometimes people may experience delays before their issues are fixed. I think we just need to be patient. Smiley
ktomi

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:40:47 AM

This is really frustrating though. Essentially it means you can't get your money. Makes me worried and it is limiting the business in my case.

The posts here are helpful and now I do understand that this is not a big ass organization, but more like a bunch of guys wanting to create something? And with that comes the lack of time.

I suppose I'll try to put together a nicer package including some bank statements on my name as well to see if that helps.

I would be nice though if we had some guidelines about the requirements and how to make it easy and fast.
ktomi

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:11:34 PM

Just for the record, I have got a reply too and my limits have been increased.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: