Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two factor authentication on blockchain - question  (Read 585 times)
davidgdg (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:55:33 PM

I store my wallet with blockchain and have configured it for two factor authentication via SMS. My question is this. If blockchain ever ceased to exist, would two factor authentication prevent me accessing my local backup?
Many thanks

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

It shouldn't affect that at all, the two factor is for logging into the website not your wallet.
davidgdg (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:18:45 AM

Many thanks. Can I ask a follow up then please?

My backups are emailed to me (webmail - Yahoo). So if somebody were able to access my email and also had my blockchain password, could they then access my BTC via the backup?

Thanks in advance!

David

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:03:32 PM

Are the backups encrypted?  If not then they would have your bitcoins with access to your email.
davidgdg (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:10:50 PM

Are the backups encrypted?  If not then they would have your bitcoins with access to your email.

Yes.  But presumably accessible with my blockchain password?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: