Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uquid bitcoin debit card reviews  (Read 27771 times)
imrule

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:20:26 AM

They have not fixed this issue since Aug 2017 and I don't think it will be solved anytime soon.
If you live outside of Europe there aren't any plastic cards you can get.
I live in Montreal, Canada and I cannot find any company that will issue BTC or Altcoin debit cards.
I have tried the following companies (some may work in US):
-UQUID
-CryptoPay
-Monaco
-Xapo
-TenX
-Wirex
-SpectroCoin
-AdvCash
-ShakePay
-SHIFT
-BitWala
-SatoshiTango

And none of these companies can issue cards outside of Europe, all because of Visa (or mastercard, I forget) changed their policy.
The only option I can think of is either to get a virtual card from Wirex. I have been able to get a virtual card from Wirex but I haven't tested it yet by making a purchasing with it.
I'm still looking for ways to sell bitcoins for cash but there aren't that many options.
UQUID is a good option to go with but I would wait until you register, their fees are somewhat low but they only issue USD, GBP or EUR cards; which means you can only spend that kind of fiat currency.
Here is a link to their fees site.

https://uquid.com/features-and-limits

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hannan

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:58:17 AM

They have not fixed this issue since Aug 2017 and I don't think it will be solved anytime soon.
If you live outside of Europe there aren't any plastic cards you can get.
I live in Montreal, Canada and I cannot find any company that will issue BTC or Altcoin debit cards.
I have tried the following companies (some may work in US):
-UQUID
-CryptoPay
-Monaco
-Xapo
-TenX
-Wirex
-SpectroCoin
-AdvCash
-ShakePay
-SHIFT
-BitWala
-SatoshiTango

And none of these companies can issue cards outside of Europe, all because of Visa (or mastercard, I forget) changed their policy.
The only option I can think of is either to get a virtual card from Wirex. I have been able to get a virtual card from Wirex but I haven't tested it yet by making a purchasing with it.
I'm still looking for ways to sell bitcoins for cash but there aren't that many options.
UQUID is a good option to go with but I would wait until you register, their fees are somewhat low but they only issue USD, GBP or EUR cards; which means you can only spend that kind of fiat currency.
Here is a link to their fees site.

https://uquid.com/features-and-limits

Wondering where are you from?
I am from New Zealand and having difficulty to find any provider which accept from NZ. I need a card in Euro or USD to pay services online.

Thanks

imrule

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:07:01 AM

I am from Montreal, Canada.

Here's a news update, UQUID is now issuing cards to most international countries.
I just received my card today. Their service is back up and running as it used to.
Hannan

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:18:28 AM

Here's a news update, UQUID is now issuing cards to most international countries.
I just received my card today. Their service is back up and running as it used to.

That's a great news. I have just placed an order to get one. A week ago - still waiting.. But no confirmation nothing yet.. How long did it take you to receive it?

Thanks

CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:14:00 AM

Can you please check on the back of the card, who is the issuer? Other companies (Bitwala, Cryptopay, TenX) use WaveCrest, who don't permit issuing outside of the EU. So, I wonder who is the issuing company behind UQUID. Thanks.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

That's a great news. I have just placed an order to get one. A week ago - still waiting.. But no confirmation nothing yet.. How long did it take you to receive it?

Thanks
Now they already started service but its not working quickly as they change few policies and other things if you have problem then try to contact on skype they are mostly online and giving replies to all about all issues
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:41:37 AM

Can you please check on the back of the card, who is the issuer? Other companies (Bitwala, Cryptopay, TenX) use WaveCrest, who don't permit issuing outside of the EU. So, I wonder who is the issuing company behind UQUID. Thanks.

They are now using Paynetics AD

https://paynetics.digital/products/issuing/
josywong

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:32:29 AM

do not use uquid. i creditted less than half of the usd. wut a scam
deposited 0.00257717 btc to buy their card. at current rate 1btc = 18747.3125 usd

i shud b creditted at least 48usd but im just getting 21.35usd
https://pasteboard.co/GYJu9Aq.png
https://pasteboard.co/GYJuSp1.png
Mr.Troll

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:38:08 PM

This service is a scam, the limits from tge website doesn't match.
After i verified an account and was KYC_2 level for tge new paynetics plastic card i loaded some xrp for the equivalent of 500€ now the money is stuck on the account and i always get an error that there are not enough funds to load the card.....
Customer service is trying more then 2 days to sort out the problem and it seems they cant resolve the issue, skype support doesnt answer and mail support has no clue how to solve this.
Stay tuned i will follow with proof of this case, in the meantime don' t use the service, atm its a scam of its finest!
imrule

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:14:33 AM

This service is a scam, the limits from tge website doesn't match.
After i verified an account and was KYC_2 level for tge new paynetics plastic card i loaded some xrp for the equivalent of 500€ now the money is stuck on the account and i always get an error that there are not enough funds to load the card.....
Customer service is trying more then 2 days to sort out the problem and it seems they cant resolve the issue, skype support doesnt answer and mail support has no clue how to solve this.
Stay tuned i will follow with proof of this case, in the meantime don' t use the service, atm its a scam of its finest!

I am having the same issue, I have loaded my card with 120$USD and they havent given me the PIN to buy things in store, or get cash from the ATM.
I tried their support page, Skype, Telegram, Support Email. No Response what-so-ever.
I wouldn't want to call them a scam since they did work back in March, but ever since then it's just been a bad experience.
I think they are still in the process of integrating Paynetics into their system cause I'm noticing a lot of small changes in the members area.
Hopefully they get this stuff sorted out soon.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:03:50 AM

I am having the same issue, I have loaded my card with 120$USD and they havent given me the PIN to buy things in store, or get cash from the ATM.
I tried their support page, Skype, Telegram, Support Email. No Response what-so-ever.
I wouldn't want to call them a scam since they did work back in March, but ever since then it's just been a bad experience.
I think they are still in the process of integrating Paynetics into their system cause I'm noticing a lot of small changes in the members area.

Wel at least you managed to get $120 onto your card, most of us did not get that far ;-)

I guess you must have activated your card (or you can't load it)?

I got an email from cards@paynetics.digital which looks like a weird domain so perhaps it ended up in your spamfolder? The email contained the text:

Dear Bla Bla

Your card's 53xxxxx******xxxx PIN number is xxxx. 

Best regards,

Powercard21.

support@card-21.com
cardholder.card-21.com
imrule

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:51:26 AM

Wel at least you managed to get $120 onto your card, most of us did not get that far ;-)

I got an email from cards@paynetics.digital which looks like a weird domain so perhaps it ended up in your spamfolder? The email contained the text:

Dear Bla Bla

Best regards,

Powercard21.

support@card-21.com
cardholder.card-21.com

bro i love you... I feel like such a dumbass right now. its 3:42am in Montreal right now and I just checked my junk mail and found the email.
I didn't have to do anything to activate my card. All i did was upload my documents to get KYC2 and now I can load it.
This whole time Ive been harrasing UQUID support line for it and it was in my junk mail the whole time.

UQUID, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. I will buy ur ICO <3

Also, while I was going though this craziness I saw that Paynetics has a support phone number on their site (+359 2 806 56 14).
Turns out that the phone number listed on their website belongs to a Bulgarian Hotel, the owner speaks broken english, so don't bother with them.
UQUID number is still not reponding, neither are they on Skype or Telegram. They need to hire a bunch of people to cover the support line.
On another note, I'm very happy to know that the bitcoin community responded quicker than the UQUID team.
Thanks to you I can now go to sleep with a piece of mind.

Mr.Troll

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:29:26 AM

Dear Bla Bla

Best regards,

Powercard21.

support@card-21.com
cardholder.card-21.com

bro i love you... I feel like such a dumbass right now. its 3:42am in Montreal right now and I just checked my junk mail and found the email.
I didn't have to do anything to activate my card. All i did was upload my documents to get KYC2 and now I can load it.
This whole time Ive been harrasing UQUID support line for it and it was in my junk mail the whole time.

Also, while I was going though this craziness I saw that Paynetics has a support phone number on their site (+359 2 806 56 14).
Turns out that the phone number listed on their website belongs to a Bulgarian Hotel, the owner speaks broken english, so don't bother with them.
UQUID number is still not reponding, neither are they on Skype or Telegram. They need to hire a bunch of people to cover the support line.
On another note, I'm very happy to know that the bitcoin community responded quicker than the UQUID team.

Well the problem isnt loading the card, neighter spending the first 120$  the real problem comes after the verification to kyc_2  since you cant load the card because the money in your account is blocked. They show you just the number of your amount of money, but its gone it isnt there!!  The email support did answer back that they have bankwire problems....ouch
I searched for other people with same problem, you will find alot of them, just look on uquids twitter and facebook the shitstorm they are getting lol. I asked for a refund yesterday for my remaining money but they are not answering till now. Way to go Uquid next step is a mail to the consumer protection department Wink
imrule

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:24:06 PM

Dear Bla Bla

Best regards,

Powercard21.

support@card-21.com
cardholder.card-21.com

Well the problem isnt loading the card, neighter spending the first 120$  the real problem comes after the verification to kyc_2  since you cant load the card because the money in your account is blocked. They show you just the number of your amount of money, but its gone it isnt there!!  The email support did answer back that they have bankwire problems....ouch
I searched for other people with same problem, you will find alot of them, just look on uquids twitter and facebook the shitstorm they are getting lol. I asked for a refund yesterday for my remaining money but they are not answering till now. Way to go Uquid next step is a mail to the consumer protection department Wink

Yea uquid has been facing a lot of technical problems because of the whole VISA policy change, they had a good thing going for a while right up until July of 2017.
I don't know how many developers they have working on this issue, or what problems they're dealing with. But I don't think this is a large company at all, or else they would've sent out a mass e-mail to all of their users advising them about their current issues.
I was able to load my card a few days ago, not sure why you're having issues.
I'll try to load some money again and I'll let you know if it goes through or not. With my experience, bank wire transfer never worked for me.
Just today, I wanted to test it by depositing 100$ worth of ETC, they are charging me 138$USD worth of ETC in exchange for $100 to be deposited into my account. That exchange rate to me is ridiculous, worse than Coinbase.
UQUID needs to upgrade their game on the client support, I'm sure it's just one person dealing with Skype and Telegram support line.
imrule

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:59:05 AM

Dear Bla Bla

Best regards,

Powercard21.

support@card-21.com
cardholder.card-21.com

Well the problem isnt loading the card, neighter spending the first 120$  the real problem comes after the verification to kyc_2  since you cant load the card because the money in your account is blocked. They show you just the number of your amount of money, but its gone it isnt there!!  The email support did answer back that they have bankwire problems....ouch

Yea uquid has been facing a lot of technical problems because of the whole VISA policy change, they had a good thing going for a while right up until July of 2017.
I don't know how many developers they have working on this issue, or what problems they're dealing with. But I don't think this is a large company at all, or else they would've sent out a mass e-mail to all of their users advising them about their current issues.
I was able to load my card a few days ago, not sure why you're having issues.
I'll try to load some money again and I'll let you know if it goes through or not. With my experience, bank wire transfer never worked for me.
Just today, I wanted to test it by depositing 100$ worth of ETC, they are charging me 138$USD worth of ETC in exchange for $100 to be deposited into my account. That exchange rate to me is ridiculous, worse than Coinbase.
UQUID needs to upgrade their game on the client support, I'm sure it's just one person dealing with Skype and Telegram support line.

After hearing that people can't deposit funds into their account its kinda worrying me.

From my earlier comment I mentioned that they're taking a 37$ from that specific transaction, which I didn't complete.
All I did was request a deposit to see what I would pay, and now on my account I have a "Pending Transaction" notice.
My fear is that if I were to deposit funds into my account it'll just say "Pending" the whole time.

Is that whats's happening to everyone else? Where are you getting stuck in the depositing part?
imrule

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:12:30 AM

I have just deposited 200$USD (using ETC) into my UQUID account today.
I will post again once I can load the 200$ onto the card. For this transaction it says 'pending'.
In their FAQ section it says it could take up to 72 hours to verify it, back in the day (July/16) it would be almost instantly deposited.
Their price for ETC is ridiculous, I sent them 236$USD (9.1583 ETC) worth of coins but they only fill 200$ and say that "there are no fees".
I checked out all other types of deposits and they are all asking ~36$ extra for any kind of coin deposit.
Always check the amount of coins they're asking for and compare the amount to the market, they are overpricing the sh*t out of these deposits.

For now, I have no choice since there's no other option for a 'crypto debit card' solution.
If anyone out there can refer me to another cryptocard that ships to Canada, Please let me know cause I really need a better solution.
imrule

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:27:58 AM

I have just deposited 200$USD (using ETC) into my UQUID account today.
I will post again once I can load the 200$ onto the card. For this transaction it says 'pending'.
In their FAQ section it says it could take up to 72 hours to verify it, back in the day (July/16) it would be almost instantly deposited.
Their price for ETC is ridiculous, I sent them 236$USD (9.1583 ETC) worth of coins but they only fill 200$ and say that "there are no fees".
I checked out all other types of deposits and they are all asking ~36$ extra for any kind of coin deposit.
Always check the amount of coins they're asking for and compare the amount to the market, they are overpricing the sh*t out of these deposits.

For now, I have no choice since there's no other option for a 'crypto debit card' solution.
If anyone out there can refer me to another cryptocard that ships to Canada, Please let me know cause I really need a better solution.

**Edit**
200$USD was deposited into my account within 15mins, I'm actually impressed.
I guess UQUID has their shit back together.
I see that everyone is stuck getting their funds loaded from their account onto the card.
I'm getting an error saying: "Card service is not available now. Please try again later.".
I'm not really sure what UQUID is doing about this, I'm assuming that they are in the process of integrating their website with the card issuers API to deposit funds onto the card instantly.
Hopefully this will be sorted out in the following weeks.
Addisonbt

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:29:29 PM

monthly card fees, pls
imrule

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:02:07 PM

monthly card fees, pls

Monthly Card fees is just 1$.
Update, I was able to load my card into my account. I guess they finished integrating their systems.
I will test deposit and card load and see how long it takes in total now.
NerONLY

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

monthly card fees, pls

Monthly Card fees is just 1$.
Update, I was able to load my card into my account. I guess they finished integrating their systems.
I will test deposit and card load and see how long it takes in total now.

that's cool bro, please keep the community informed about your next steps
btw how fast did they deliver the card to Canada or are you using virtual ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: